1st vet visit.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cloud_the_bunny

Reaction score
So when I take Cloud to vet this afternoon should I put her water food and toys in the carrier for her? I've never had to take a bunny to the vet only dogs or cats. I just didn't know if I needed to take anything for her or will she be fine without?

Put some hay in the carrier and take a dish for water and some water. She isn't apt to play with toys or really do much. Hay and water are good to have incase she wants to eat or drink. A towel in the bottom is good for traction and to absorb urine if she does pee or dump the water.

What I do when I have to take a bunny to the vet is put their ball of hay in the carrier with them and hang the water bottle on the cage door. I also put a towel on the inside of the carrier so they have traction and don't slip. Then, I grab the harness and leash, so if we have time they can hop around the office while waiting for their appointment. I think it helps them relax a bit better than being in the carrier all the time. But when there are big dogs, then they stay in the carrier unless I know the dog(s) aren't going to get them.

Okay thanks for your responses guys! Hopefully this vet visit will not be too stressful for Cloud. 😊🐰❤️

Latest posts

Back