11 day old pics...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhoffman

Reaction score
My kits are 12 days old today. These pictures are from yesterday when they were 11 days old. For some reason, my favorite kits is the white one. He just seems so jumpy and lively. They are all super cute though. Their eyes are all slowly opening. Can't wait until they are hopping around. I have noticed with the purebred mini rex that their development is a bit behind the others.. or maybe its just me.

Here are their pics.

They are groing so fast! :)

They are so cute. Looking at pictures like these I want more rabbits lol

I have New Zealand and Californian crosses and they also take a long time to develop. By day 14 is when there eyes start opening, sometimes by day 12 though.

aw they grow up so fast! I barely got to know my blues when I sold them at 9wks. It was very unusual and sad

So, my lion head kits are going to be 1 week old tomorrow! :) They are all looking fairly good except for two of them! This black one is the weirdest one though.

His fur seems like it is coming in quite nice on his/her back.. The fur on the hind legs and side looks like it either isn't coming in or it is super short? Not sure if this is a condition in kits, or I just have a really odd one?! The last litter that this doe had all three kits turned out wonderful. BUt, I have a new buck that I used this time. I was told he is a purebred lion head.

While it seems really weird that it is like this.. it is also kinda neat. As long as it isn't a health issue. Other than the fur, it seems perfectly fine.

Have you ever had double maned lionhead babies? If not then that may be what it is. Double maned babies will have no fur on their sides when they are born but I dont breed lionheads so i dont know how it comes in. . .

Yes, the doe is actually double maned. So awesome to know! THank you soo much. I guess there are three like this not just the two. So happy that there isn't anything wrong with them.

Oh those will be so fun once they open their eyes. They will look like total fur balls or cotton balls lol! As they grow they will shed out the back and some of their mane.

Yes they will be!! The last lion head litter were awesome. But they didn't grow in like this. But they weren't double maned either. I cant wait to see what they look like when their eyes are open and are fully furred! :)

Back