10 Wk Old Flemish Sisters - unbonded

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1928jb

Reaction score
We were only going to get one Flemish Giant, but I couldn't make up my mind at the breeder's on which one to get, so I got them both. The girls were bonded up until a few days ago or at least got along. For all I know maybe they never got along and I just picked these two do to their docile personalities.I had to separate them into their own x pens a week after we brought them home as they were beginning to fight. I am wondering if it's because we have two other bunnies in the same room? I have been letting them out one at a time and both together for playtime for a little while every day. So far, it's been pretty good. Once they start sniffing and circling, I know it's time to herd them back in their own pens. They seem to like to be with each other and each will put her head under the other's chin and vice versa. I am hoping they will be like they were before. Just wondering if they still might bond once they are both spayed? If they were bonded, does it matter if they live in their own pens or do bonded buns need to live together in the same x pen? I was hoping that since they are sisters, they would bond easier.

Just wondering if a Flemish Giant would be happier as an only bun in the house?

I can't have a buck as my daughter is allergic to male rabbits. Don't ask me why, it just is.

Just because they're flemmies doesn't mean they aren't happy with other bunns around. I think your best bet would be to keep them separate but close to each other (cages near each other etc) and once they're spayed, then try to rebond them again. It is possible that suddenly being around completely new rabbits has thrown them off a bit, with the new smells etc. But once they get used to it they should be fine :)

:yeahthat:

Yes, I think keeping them in cages close to each other but not letting them out with each other would help. And than after you get them spayed you can rebond them again.

Good luck!

Update on the Flemish sisters. I put both girl's x pens side by side and have been letting them out for some bonding. I must say they have re-bonded. It took them about 2 weeks, but all is well so far. They've been grooming one another and laying down beside each other when out. There's been no more fighting. I am not going to say we are out of the woods yet, but so far so good. They have a blast being out together now since they are getting along again. :)

It's good to know that they're getting along again. It's possible that the shock of moving and the smell of new bunnies put them off.

Latest posts

Back