10 week old buck keeps nipping and weeing on me

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hailiejade

Reaction score
i recently took on a 10 week old buck called beau hes very friendly loves being picked up and held but keeps nipping me in the back , leg arm etc also on occasions hes sprayed me in the face and arm with urine.

hes very playful and not aggresive runs around me in circles and makes a humming/buzzing sound and has taken to sleeping on my chest under my neck but not to impressed with the constant nibbling as some times it quite hurts.

any ideas whats up with him

He is treating you the same as he would treat a sibling or playmate. He's trying to get you to play with him, kind of like "Tag-Your-It". He's marking you as his! He loves you!

He will outgrow this stage. Neutering will also help this behavior. In the mean time, discourage the behavior. Yell "Owww" or "No" everytime he does it. Put him back in his cage, like a "time-out". He only gets to play, if he plays nice. If you are holding him when he nips, tap his nose, tell him no and put him back in his cage. They are pretty smart, he'll get the idea. But you have to let him know that he can't play with you if he's going to play like that. Give him 5 minutes away and let him try again. Have patience, he's still a baby.

need to neuter him when he reaches 4 months!! but in the meantime i guess you'll have to put up with the spraying. hehe.

Latest posts

Back