1 health question and 1 behavior questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cnamommy

Reaction score
I was told my adopted bunny does better on his own so his own it is. I was going to get his real brother that he was bonded with at some point. So I just read a post about a rabbit liking a stuff rabbit more than a real bunny should I give this a try?

For my health question. Are you supposed to give rabbit those salt wheels that are on the market I have read some things on the net that says yes and some that says no. What is the real answer and links would be appreciated!

Salt wheels are not needed until a rabbit is having a serious sodium and mineral deficiency. Most rabbits get everything they need, though, from pellet foods.

If you decide to get his brother, there's a good chance they would have to be re-bonded. Bonds between rabbits can be very strong, and if they are separated, there's a good chance that bond is broken. Plus, two male rabbits are virtually impossible to bond unless neutered.

The post you saw about the stuffed rabbit was one of desperation. Their bun didn't like any other rabbit. Stuffed rabbits, or any stuffed animals for that matter, could make good toys, though. Getting a second rabbit to bond is a big decision, and it takes time and patience to bond them, but lots of toys and such could be a good alternative. I would give the stuffed animal a try if your bun seems to be bored or lonely.

Back