1 cage!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katt

Reaction score
so i have been away at college, and i thoughtthat was really going to put a stopper in the bonding process withwinnie and herman, but when my brother lets them out they have beenboth out together. . .no problems. . . so today i decided to trysomething out:

i have the x-pen that was winnie's cage, but we have been using it(since winnie and herman both got NIC cages) for blocking off areas andoutdoor adventures. i bought a new shower curtain, put it down in myroom, and put the x-pen on it in a big square. placed both their litterboxes, food, igloos (basically moved both their cages into this bigsquare that doesn't smell like either of them), ect. and put them in it.

they have been in there together all day long (well, not true, sincethis afternoon when i got home and set it all up) and are cleaning eachother, eating, playing, sleeping next to each other!

i am SO excited! i think i am going to leave them in there tonight(since i will be here to wake up if there is a problem) and leave themtill i go out tomorrow, do you think i should seperated them back intotheir own cages when nobody is going to be at home? or if we haven'thave any problems i can leave them together for good? i am leave tohead back down to school on sunday morning, does it sound like i canleave them together for good? both have cleaned each other, both aredead flopping in the cage (next to each other), we have only had a fewminor nips (and right in the begining too). . .what is everyonesthoughts? can i consider them bonded?

Hooray! Good job! :great:

If they do well overnight and for the next day, just leave themtogether. Once they're spending that much time together itmight hurt the bonding to separate them again.

YAY!

i am so proud of my babies for getting along. . . i guess i need toredo their real cage now (perfect timming, cause i am getting somecoroplaste for their cage tomorrow)

i have bonded rabbits. . .that is so cool! i never thought this day would come!

katie

That's so wonderful to hear!!! :D Good job!!

I hope my girls get on as well once they're both spayed. :)

:bunnydance::bunnydance: Maisie and Flower do a Happy Bunny Bonding Dance!! :D

Latest posts

Back