Bunny food

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That second one is what we look for in a rabbit food. Nice uniform design with all the nutrients equally distributed into every pellet. The first food is the kind that rabbits (evolutionarily designed as selective eaters) will eat the "good stuff" out of (like those oats!) and leave the less tasty but good for them parts behind.
That said there is some variation between pellets as well and some are better than others.
How old is your rabbit and where are you located?

I have taken another rabbit food.Is it OK?

I agree, the second one is the better one. You want a plain pellet like this, as muesli can lead to selective eating which may cause the rabbit not to get all the necessary nutrients if it only eats the good bits and doesn't eat other less tasty pieces.

If you are switching to a different food, make sure to do it gradually over a couple weeks, to minimize digestive upset.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the brands of rabbit food available in greece. If you have multiple plain pellet options you're considering, I'd love to see the ingredients & nutritional composition of them to find out what's available there.

Back