Wisconsin

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy to report Snuggles is doing very well.My thanks go to Dr Travisand his Office Manager Karen. My husband and I gave Snuggles very agressive aftercare including injecting sub cut Lacted Ringers solution and feeding her Oxbow's Critical Care via a syringe, four times on the first post op day. Twenty Four hours post op, she was looking brilliant! She was hopping, grooming and nibbling on greens and really passing urine. Snuggs has to return to Dr Tavis in another week to have her tooth packing removed. She still has healing to do, and it's far from over, but so far so good.

We had afantastic vet, and between my husband and I we bothgaveexcellent post op care toSnuggs. Husband was brilliant with the syringe feeding and the sub cut fluids. My syringe feeding was a bit pathetic. Dr Travis knows his bunny medicine and we are glad he was available and acted immediately. We are still giving Snuggs oral antibiotics twice a day and watching her carefully. The best Christmas present though is to have Snuggs back on her feet and recovering.

I give Thanks to Sheboygan Animal Hospital staff and Karen and Dr Travis for making Mrs Snuggles feel well again. I have to pray she heals after her tooth packing is removed and hope she does not have osteomyelitis in her jaw.

Claire, I am so sorry that I amjust seeingyour posts now!!Sorryto hear that Mrs. Snuggs had dental problems. Poor little girl... if she was in the same amount of pain that my Patrick was in when he had his first emercency dental, I feel for her and all the worry you have had to go through.

I am so glad you kept the information about the Sheboygan Animal Hospital. They are a great group of doctors and staff who do their best to help out, especially with exotics. Dr. Travis is the best, and very patient with dealing with panicked parents when their fur-babies don't feel well. Good to hear that his dianosis was spot-on and that Snuggs is feeling better.

Go Snuggs!!! Hope her next appointment goes well. Will Dr. Travis want to see her in a few months for dental checks? Patrick goes about ten weeks between his dental checks.

Keep us posted... :hug:

myheart

Hello and Happy New Year to everyone,

Next week Snuggs goes to Dr Travis for an upper incisor tooth filing procedure, and I hope he can show my husband and I how to perform this at home. Snuggs is a lovely amenable lady and my husband and I make a good team medically, so I am hoping we can do this. If it'snot possible then she will need to go to Dr Travisabout every 6 weeks for a file/trim.The following day Harvest and Pippin go to Dr T for their first ever dental examination! Otoscope initially and X rays if deemed necessary. I am so paranoid about a bun having an acute tooth issue or indeed any issue after the Snuggs experience.

I can imagine that if you were comfortable doing it, knew what you were doing, and had a Dremel, you could do it. Have you seen the Fast Up on Rabbit Care video about this?
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/user/FastUpOnRabbitCare#p/u/1/46slQO1APuw[/ame]

I doubt though that Snuggs would be real happy with you doing this, so I don't know. ;)

We have a smallrotary tool with 10 attachmentsand placing Snuggs on her back with husband holding her we can easily see the upper incisor tooth that requires filing down. Initially, I will see how this is done professionally, and of course Snuggs tolerance and cooperation will determine if this is feasible to perform at home. That tooth grew so quickly after it's lower mate was removed.

I thought Snuggs recovery was too good to be true. She is at the Vet's right now (for her incisor file/trim) and he discovered the tooth abscess is coming back. He is removing more unhealthy tissue and perhaps bone also. I have not received a call yet to pick her up. The only good thing is that this was caught beforeit actuallymade her sick. I have been reading everything I can on jaw abscesses. I hope we can eradicate this, I know it can be tough to eliminate.

Is she on antibiotics? They may help to prevent the abscess from coming back. Mouth abscesses are very hard to keep from coming back because they're hard to clean, and the tissue often doesn't heal the way it's supposed to. I think a course of injectible Pen G would be very helpful.

Snuggs was on oral antibiotics twice a day,for 2 weeks after her tooth was removed and abscess debrided (week before Christmas).The name escapes me now, but it was flavoured with apple. I am getting worriedas I have read all the infirmary threads. Her tooth cavity was packed post op for 2 weeks.The Vet warned me it would be "messy" this time. I am just waiting, have no idea how big this will be and how much pain she will be in.

Hey everyone i know i posted this already in a new topic but i am desperate! please if anyone knows of any pedigree mini lop show rabbits for sale please send me a message! i live in shell lake wisconsin. i am willing to drive a lil ways but not more than like 2 hours. please help me! i have been trying to find some rabbits for a long time! i want to take my love or rabbits to the next level and put some nice show rabbits out in my area. to see my full topic page and to post any locations go to the WI forum and find the topic that says URGENT WANTED:... thank you soooooo much!

I'm not from Wisconsin... But I'm coming for visit to family. Well, My aunt anyways. She and I will be going to show's. So happy!! Anybody going to??::
-5/2/2010 Sunday
Red Cedar RBA, Rice lake , WI
-5/8/2010 Saturday
Southwest WI RC, Dodgeville, WI...

Even though no one has posted for like a year, I'm Mia and I live on the Minnesota side of the state, right in the middle of Eau Claire and LaCrosse. Anyone on this side of the state with me? Seems like everyone is over in the East lol.....

angieluv?

:wave2

my hubby and I and three children lived for a year in Eau Claire. Nice to see another Wisconsinite. I would invite you to the Rabbit Rendezvous' in the Milwaukee area (bunny guardians get together and share photos and stories about their buns) but that's a distance to hike. ~ Welcome to RO.

hello i am from north central wisconsin up by eau claire.. seems like most of you are all farther south. i have a mini lop named captain jack sparrow. he is a rescue and i have to trim his teeth every 2-3 weeks due to a dental issue. he is about 5-8 yrs old. when he was taken in by a friend until i could get ready for him she had to trim his teeth because the top ones had started to grow into his tongue and the bottom had grown up into his nose area. he has the most laid back personality. then i have my baby holland lop. she is a blue grey and was born 4-17-11 to my rescue bunny. there were 3 in the litter but mom killed the other 2 which were also blue grey females. we just took in a stray rabbit and a friend of mine took him and somebody adopted the mother rabbit. i take in rescue birds,chinchillas and rabbits from time to time and i have a wonderful group of friends that take some in or they help adopt them out to good homes. its expensive as we generally only take donations of food when they are going to their new homes,but its so worth it. i also have a wonderful 17 month old doberman pinscher named hexi and a pit bull/boxer cross named sereniti(reni for short).
i guess i will shut up now and if you want to know more just ask! thanks for the area to talk to fellow wisconsinites

i actually did an intro last august but at the time i had a mini rex who we took in and he is at a new home with a nice family. its cool we can talk to people from wisconsin on here,i didnt know we had rabbit rescues i just thought that the rabbits went to the animal shelters.

Back