Wisconsin

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in Seymour wi now, but I will be moving to Appleton at the end of summer hopefully. I would be willing to transport if needed too. Oh yeah my name is Amanda.

naturestee wrote:
Oh, and anyone up for a get-together this summer? My house is tiny but my yard is nice.
So are you planning anything Naturestee?
I can't believe summer's almost here! :shock:

I'll be officially free next Monday! WHOO!

To all RO Wisconsinites: We can keep each other in our thoughts. I hear you with job losses, and money constraints. I look at the 3 girls in the Rescue Me thread (that naturestee posted about at Sheboygan County Humane Society), and would suggest any funds go to "their care" instead of a picnic get-together.

With our sanctuary crew and rescue efforts, a 4-hour picnic would be awesome as a summer vacation.

Yet I'd want to give the gasoline money (grocery money) to the silver, silver, black surrendered Trio of big-size girls (at SCHS) that need a sanctuary or forever-home placement ... instead of visiting with y'all at this time. :p

You're in my thoughts,

Hi!

I'm new, I just got my four rabbits on Saturday. I live in Watertown, WI which is about an hour between Madison and Milwaukee.

I am self-employed and work out of my home so if anyone ever needs a rabbit sitter I have plenty of time. I have to warn you though, my rabbits are fiber rabbits and need to be happy to grow a good coat so I treat them like royalty. Your rabbits would get the same care and may not want to go home with you when you come back for them. LOL

If anyone wants to have a RO get together I would be happy to host one at my house. I like to host parties and such, it forces me to clean :) I make a killer lasagna to boot!

I don't know if you guys have heard about this or not but there is a rabbit show at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds this weekend. I am planning on going there on Saturday. If anyone else is going and wants to meet up let me know :)

Heather Designs wrote:
...I make a killer lasagna to boot!
Killer Lasagna?!!!! Why didn't I see this sooner?!!!! I would have helped to get something organized for Killer Lasagna!!!! Man.... day late and a dollar short again....:(

Hi Claire, how have you been? Glad to see you lurking around. Can't wait to see all of your pics of your fur-kids. :D Cuddle-bun pics are my favorites... ;)

myheart

Hi Janet, take a look in the men and buns, naughty buns, and funny positions. My fur babes are all happy and healthy. Henry and Snuggles are in love (took 6 months) but my patience and my approach to the situation paid off.

How are Partrick and Zappa, not to mention yourself?

Hey Guys
We are in Appleton WI and are DESPERATE for foster homes!!! If any of you have a spare couple of feet we could use you!

I posted a new thread in the Midwest listing under KR Small Animal Sanctuary!

We are willing to bring the buns, cages, food, litter, anything to you! All we need is you to share a little love with a bunny who probably hasnt ever had too much!

Hello, I periodically look at Petfinder to see what's going on with buns at the nearby shelters. I have one bun (Snuggs) from Manitowoc and one (Henry) from Sheboygan.I have two others, (Harvest and Pippin).I did notice your sanctuary has a lot of buns and Ilike that you give some background on their past. My husband and I would like more buns in the futureand they would have the best home in the world.

Idon't thinkI couldfoster, I would become too attached,I would prefer to keepa rabbit forever. Right now someone who works with my husband has a bun which they keep in theirgarageand they don't want it,and I am under some pressure to take it.

I have plenty of room, but my buns have territory issues, and not that I couldn't work with that, but it can be tricky.My buns are not kept in a cage and free roam, just like a cat or dog,so they really do "own" their particular areas. House is well bun proofed.

I have not ruled out another bun or two in the house. Snuggs is a lovely laid back lop and after initially beingoffended by Henry coming into her space she soon learned to love the little guy. I would like to offer agreat home toanother rabbit or two, I just have to think things over as it's obviously something I take seriously andif I had another bun it would be here for good. I would not entertain givingit up just because my other buns did not get alongwith it.

Will keep in touch and I hope you find more foster parents. I will give more thought to another adoption or two.

Whenever you are ready, we are here!

That is the one advantage to fostering, if a bunny doesnt get along with your family, then when it is adopted, you can try another one. It is a great way to find one that just "fits" I know it is hard to not get too attached but we have some AWESOME adopters and they almost always keep in touch and let us know how the bun is doing, send updates and pics, etc.

We try to be honest about their past. We dont want people to think they have all had awesome lives and just happenned to show up here. Most of our buns have lived the hard life and we want people to know that these rabbits, while they may be harder to train at first, will LOVE anything you can offer.... everything is new and exciting and they will never feel deprived!

We obviously love to have our bunnies go to free range homes but for those who that is not feasible for, we try to send the bunnies that dont want to be litter trained or who dont really care about outside time.... that way everyone is happy, especially the bunny. Our other solution to that is we are always willing to trade cages with people. If they have a small cage and want to adopt a cage bunny.... well then we are happy to upgrade them to a bigger cage free of charge. Anything we can do to help the kids out!

Ok.. that was my rambling for the day! Seriously though, if you ever want to meet any of the kids, let us know! Wed be happy to bring a few over so you can see how they interact with your bun-kids. :)

Hello dear Wisconsin friends,

I had a day of trauma. I feared a day like this would inevitably come. Mrs Snuggles did not crave bananna, eat fresh Italian flat leaf parsley, use her litterbox, or indeed MOVE this morning! Mrs S could not have chosen a better day to be seriouslyunwell. I was off work and able to pay close attention and take promt action.

To cut a long story short. My bunny contacts here, Janet and Angela informed me of Dr Travis in Sheboygan a long time ago. Mrs S had major dental surgery at 6pm by Dr Travis, who was spot on with his diagnosis. She had a tooth removed and a big abscess debrided. Mrs S is in no way out of the woods, she is looking shell shocked at the moment and is very still and quiet. Henry (her mate) isvery perceptive and knows things are not normal in the house.

I am very grateful Dr Travis is knowlegable and took care of Snuggs problemIMMEDIATELY.It's going to be tough thing for her to recover from, but I feel we are giving her the best care we can. We love Snuggles she's the ultimate "cool" bunny, not a diva , not a show off, calm, sensible, laid back, humbleand adopted from Manitowoc Humane society about 2 years ago.

Back