Willow's Weight Loss Blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there, my Doris has just started a bunny diet as she was a bit too podgy to get a bunny boyfriend!

I'm lucky as she eats anything I seem to give her and have just started her onl Timothys grass/hay and she is woofing it down which is great, I've cut her Excel down but still give her it twice a day, just about half the amout each time that I was giving her and the same with greens. Tracy who's here somewhere and volunteers with the RSPCA gave me good advice and said slow weight loss is the best. I posted a little pic of her in my scales! She fills the bowl and is over 7lb! Oops!!
th_Allpicsfrommymobile2006-2008251.jpg

Well I just thought that I would update Willow. She hasn't seemed to get any skinner/lighter since last week so that is a good sign which means she is losing the weight slowly. I have been giving her pellets once a day. Just enough to cover the bottom of her bowl and then a little be more. She also gets hay and grass twice a day. As well as some other fruits and treats every so often. She has been on this for almost two weeks now and I haven't weighed her because we don't have a good scale. I will try and weigh her today and see what the scale says.

I have somthing to add. We feed our rabbits a 16% (i think) type of pellets and all. We get it from dells, does dells sell any other lower percentage like 12% pellets. Is 12% pellets better to feed bunnies?

I don't know if the sell it in the USA but the bestest bunny food here is Supreme Science Selective, I've been using it with my last bunny and this one and it is highly recommended by most bunny people/charities. Hope this helps x

Ok since I haven't updated this in a while I thought I would do so.

Willow has been doing very good on her diet, I can tell thatshe likes hay more now because she will usually eat some pellets and save the rest for later and go on eating her hay. She is still getting pellets once a day and a small amount of them. I weighed her quite a while ago and she had lost half a pound. It has been almost a month now since she was on the "hardly any pellet diet" and she has probably lost around 1lb already. I think mostly so far she has just lost some of the fat she was carrying. At youth fair I have her entered in pet so I can be sure she won't get dq'd. I will weigh her there so it can be accuarate and I hope the results are good. I have been making sure that she hasn't lost to much weight too quickly and it has been going good.

I have one question/concern though, whenever I put my hand in her cage now she charges at me. I was wondering if it was because of this diet because she didn't do it before. I am thinking it is just some food aggression or something. She is getting fed plenty so I know she isn't starving and doing that because she was hungry.

If you have any ideas why she would be doing that, please let me know. I will get some new pics up later.

Well when we went out to give the buns their salad we forgot to take the camera but tomorrow I will take many pics of Willow! :biggrin2:

Ok. I have not updated this in forever.

I am still give Willow as well as Bruce and Autumn a small handful of pellets once a day. They get unlimited hay and usually grass twice a day. It is starting to get nicer here so they are getting out more and for longer.

On Friday we took out the buns and Willow got to run around under the tree while we swang. She ran a lot and did binkies for the first time!!! She was having a lot of fun. Autumn got to run around in the front yard a bit on Saturday. Since that was her first time out there, she didn't do much but she did run quite a bit.

At youth fair I believe I weighed Willow. Let me just go check.......

Ok. The last date we recorded her weight was on April 19th. And she was 4lbs. Before that she was around 4 and half. So she has lost qute a bit of weight. I don't have a good scale to weigh her on, but my guess is she is just under 4 lbs.

Autumn and Bruce haven't been losing the weight as good. Any suggestions? Autumn doesn't need to lose much. Bruce needs to lose around 1 lb.

Edit: Here are some pics of Willow fromlastMonday!

MemorialDay2008034.jpg
She has such a sweet face!!

That is all we have uploaded:(More pics when I am able to use my mom's camera!

Awe she is too cute! It does look like she's lost some weight.:pGreat job! I know she's a lot happier too.

The past few days have been really nice and the bunnies have got to come out and play. Yesterday we had them all out and every time they come out Willow always gets free run under the tree. We swing while watching her and the other bunnies play.

Willow just loves it under there! She binkies and runs and has so much fun! I can tell that she has lost a lot of weight. Around 2 or so pounds which is what she needed to lose. I am going to continue letting her run a lot so she can keep the pounds off and to make sure she has lost that much. We took pics the other day so as soon I as get them uploaded to photobucket I will post them on here!

Ok here are the pics!!

Propic.jpg
Willow cleaning herself!

Willowplayinundertree.jpg
Playin under the tree.

Wantingout.jpg
Wanting out of the play pen.

Cutielittlegirly.jpg
Cute!

Hi.jpg
PO'd little girl!

Climbinthetree.jpg
Trying to climb the tree.

Hope you enjoy!

Willow is so pretty! I'm naughty as I like chubby animals, I'd have a hard time making her lose weight :p.

More pictures pllleeeeaaaseeee?!

Thanks! I don't know when I will be able to get more pictures. I will try today as it will probably be the last day since my mom is taking the camera to Vegas with her on Sat and she won't be back until late Wednesda night. So I will ask her if I can get the camera to take more pics of all the buns!!

We just got back from cleaning the buns cages, letting them exercise and also cleaning the sheep's stall. So we took tons of pictures of the buns! We even made them a wonderful salad and took photos of them chowing down and digging in! So I will have those photos of Willow and the buns chowing down up within 30 minutes! :biggrin2:

Okay here are the pics!! (Not all are just of Willow, some are the other buns as well! I will also update Autumn's blog.)

BunniesMore004.jpg
Willow in the grass.

BunniesMore006.jpg
Ray diggin.

BunniesMore007.jpg
Savannah.

BunniesMore009.jpg
Willow again!

BunniesMore010.jpg
Me and Willow, she is a bit squished, lol.

BunniesMore011.jpg
Autumn in timeout (story on her blog)

More coming!

BunniesMore012.jpg
Magic. I didn't get any good ones of him today for some reason.

BunniesMore015.jpg
Willow resting after I cut her toenails.

She freaked out and jumped out of my arms as I cut one nail. She then hid under Lily and Sippi's cage and when I finally got her I noticed the nail was bleeding. We put flour on it and it was better.

BunniesMore013.jpg
Bruce eating hay in his litter box.

BunniesMore017.jpg
Lily.

BunniesMore022.jpg
Willow was mad!

More are coming!!

Back