What I did today....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
60f6e5b6.jpg

Lady and Jess

c0369d7b.jpg

Hauling timber for our new house

de7ac424.jpg

Dad can jump. See Dad jump. See Dad jump over the big brown heavy leg-crushing log. Jump Dad jump!

28c79a71.jpg

Rose on Lady

:D:D

My family is so fun.:D

Rose

P.S. the horses aren't mine.:(

Building a log home?

It's so good to see draft horses being used for what they were bred todo! They are gorgeous! Are they Belgians? or percheron? (i'mnot good with breeds of horses either really lol)

My great grandpa used to have a draft horse (Clydesdale) and he usedhim to plow and stuff. He was so big you did the splitssitting on him! :shock:

You look so tiny! I'm not exactly sure what breedhe is either, I'm more familiar with the jumper type horses, not thework horses!

I can tell the colors of most quarter horses and recognize an Arabian LOL!

We just made a lease agreement last night for a horse for mydaughter. It's friends and we are just leasing the horse touse for 4H. She loves the mare we are using and she'll takeher lessons and all on her. :)

She's a palomino.

I rode a palomino named Peaches! She was the 2nd horse I rode in lessons.

I leased a Peruvian for a couple months named Hercules, sadly he coliced and passed away.

I handled a lot of Thoroughbreds -- racehorses and ex - racehorses --so I know that breed well along with Quarter Horses, Peruvians,Warmbloods, and I've dealt with a few Arabians but not my pick forjumping.

I'm not fond of arabians in that they are kinda high strung.

My daughter rides western now, but might start huntseat in a few years.

I think those horses are percheron. I googled it LOL! I am so jealous of Rose getting to ride one!

I don't like Arabians either, but I wont say why because I don't want to offend anyone. I've ridden one once and never again.

I'm jealous too! I haven't been on a horse in 2 years. :(

I started riding western but quickly converted to english. There's justa thrill out of it you don't get any other way! I loved jumping 3'3"and competing in shows, it was awesome.

I dunno... Percheron's are a lot more low-set,withvery largehindquarters. Those horses look alittle leggier and don't have the disctinctive Perch hips. But Belgiansand Percherons are probably the most commonly interbred work horsebreeds, so it can be hard to tell.

Here's a Perchie:

percheron.jpg

Yep, and I've heard that some of the larger horses that pickup men use have some draft in them.....

Could be they just aren't..... uhh..... perfect for breed? I dunno. Hopefully rose can tell us.

Gorgeous whatever they are..... I'm just curious to breed. I can't wait to show my daughter.

Yeah, my guess is rather un-educated. They look alot like a friend's horse, who was a Belgian cross. But most true workhorses aren't bred for looks or type but rather for strength andability. That's why most true sled dogs are not the Huskiesyou'd see in a show ring. A lot of the time, work horse breeders willbring in different breeds to add a particular trait into their stock.

I asked my horse savvy friend, she doesn't have work horses so it's possible she's wrong but she thinks they're Percherons.

m.e. wrote:
Yeah,my guess is rather un-educated. They look a lot like a friend's horse,who was a Belgian cross. But most true work horses aren't bred forlooks or type but rather for strength and ability. That's why mosttrue sled dogs are not the Huskies you'd see in a show ring. Alot of the time, work horse breeders will bring in different breeds toadd a particular trait into their stock.
Exactly! and that's why I said it's so good to see them doing what thebreeds are really meant for! I love seeing draft horse shows,but it's beautiful seeing these horses hauling lumber. Theyare like working dogs.... they love doing the work!

My kids want to get some mules and use them to pull a cart...... Just what I need.... mules braying all the time LOL!

The breeds are sooo similar, I'm having a hardtime finding anything that shows a difference between the two. 95% ofdraft horses in the U.S. are Belgiansor Percherons, and mostof those are Belgian/Percheron crosses! I know Belgians are quitecommon around here, I don't think I've ever seen a Perch in real life.They're the exact same height, and nearly the same build, but Perch'sare stockier and weigh more.

Hmmmm.....curious to see what Rose has to say...

The only ones I can tell are Shires and I'm certain those are not Shires. Now watch as I'm wrong, lmao. ;)

lol...yeah, so confuzzling :p! Rose!

I don't know, I'm so confused! lol.

All I know is that they're all hard to vault onto (I used to vault and the horse was one of those draft breeds).

Ooo, how pretty! I just love drafts. AmericanCream Drafts being a favorite of mine. My favorite non-draft would haveto be an Andalusian. They are just too gorgeous!

~Nichole

From the looks of the first picture which showshead and nose length and style im near sure that the dapple grey is aperch/ belgin cross, as she stands nearly a full hand higher and hernose is short, the brow is wider than the other , and altho taller sheis much more sturdier built which suggest the percheron and heightcould indicate that a belgin is somewhere in the cross . As for theother one im not too sure most ( draft ) horses dont have such a longthin nose , so this could possably be a cross from either the belginand a regular normal size horse or a belgin . but what ever they arethey are beautifull animals i just love seeing them big broad butts ,now thats a horse lol

Latest posts

Back