What are my bunnies breed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really have to time to research but I thinkNeo's a Himalayan and Mia's a....Florida white?Her pics aren't reallyclear enough, I cannot define the eyes on both and ears onmia.Although, they're pretty cute.

Pygmy Fan wrote:
I really have to time to research but I think Neo's aHimalayan and Mia's a....Florida white?Her pics aren't really clearenough, I cannot define the eyes on both and ears on mia.Although,they're pretty cute.

Neo is the wrong color for a Himalayan and Mia isn't a Florida White (wrong color and wrong fur type).

Pam

I think they look like holland lop crosses.And istrongly advise not to breed them even if you have people that say theywill take one.sometimes people change there mind.cross breeds are veryhard to find homes for.Sometimes first time does dont feed the babiesthen you must either foster them or bottle feed which is verydifficult.bluebird

Just wondering, whats wrong and why cant they cross breed? Is cross-breeding like breeding two different species or something ?

Still Pam, you don't have to go around puttingeveryone's thoughts aside, just becuase you may know some on them.I'mno expert, neither are you.You may know most, but it doesn't give youpower...

Also, Paulo, you should always ask the breed ofthe rabit from whom your getting it from.I learned the hard way, fornow, I have to consider them mongrels...

Cool, but unfortunatly, i got my buns from a petstore, and well they didnt know almost nothing, I have no clue wherethere might be any breeders down here in georgia, near marietta :(

Pygmy Fan wrote:
Still Pam, you don't have to go around putting everyone'sthoughts aside, just becuase you may know some on them.I'm no expert,neither are you.You may know most, but it doesn't give youpower...

Actually Pamnock is an expert, she is an ARBA judge:)Heropinion is highly regarded on this forum and she wouldn't post ananswer if she was unsure.

Fergi's mom

To Fergi:

Still, she could atleast not try to put you down by saying 'close' or'good try'.And maybe I didn't know that.She still could be a littlenicerat telling you your wrong.

To Paulo: Oh, yeah, they don't. Never mind then.^^;

Actually Pamnock is an expert, she is an ARBA judge:)Heropinion is highly regarded on this forum and she wouldn't post ananswer if she was unsure.

Fergi's mom

And I dont think she was puting anyones thoughts aside

Well, I do.To me it sound like she'sjustacting a bit smart.Nothing personal, I just think I don'tneed her to tell me I was wrong like that, it was a guess basically.

Pygmy Fan wrote:
Well, I do.To me it sound like she's justacting a bitsmart.Nothing personal, I just think I don't need her to tell me I waswrong like that, it was a guess basically.
Pam is a long time breeder and an ARBA judge. She is a veryvalued, very knowledgableand respected member of thisforum.

you have been here one day and don't even know her. For yourinformation Pam is always testing us and teaching us all. She is alwaysright there whenever anyone has a question. Try and show a little bitof respect. You don't have to like her or her style but at least giveher the respect she deserves.

You never know when you may be in need of her expertise and help.

Tina

Theyre supercute BUT,

I really think you should rethink breeding until youre ready... i thinkyou should Research your buns and really get to know them... its such aHORRIBLE idea to just breed for the sake of breeding just because yourfriends want them....

you need to have so many things ready when you do. Even be prepared toHAND FEED EVERY HOUR EVERY DAY IF YOUR MOTHER WONT TAKE CARE OF THEM.STAYING UP ALL NIGHT AS WELL!!!

I researched buns for nearly a year and a half before i brought ONE home.
you should master things like Clipping nails (which can be done withdog or cat nail trimmers that have a guard on them to keep you fromcutting the quick, which your mother probably did!!!!!!) and being ableto tell when somethings wrong before you even THINK of having babies.

im not trying to be rude to you, but i am really trying to discourageyou from breeding. theres so many thousands of buns that DONT havehomes, and get put into shelters EVERY DAY. Also HUNDREDS if notTHOUSANDS get Put Down Every day at most of these shelters.... or worsepeople release domesticated rabbits outdoors, where hawks and foxes anddogs will prey on them!

You need many cages as well to seperate the buns when they get oldersince you cant seperate from the mother until a certain age. if youcant find homes... and UP TO 10 babies will not fit in one cage withthe mother unless its HUGE.

RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH!!!!!!!! PLEASE! dont add to the fools who dont know what theyre doing when buying bunnies!

Pygmy Fan wrote:
Still Pam, you don't have to go around putting everyone'sthoughts aside, just becuase you may know some on them.I'm no expert,neither are you.You may know most, but it doesn't give youpower...

I apologize -- It wasn't my intent to make you feel bad.

Rabbits are actually my profession as I'm a rabbit judge and it's myjob to identify unique differences between all the rabbitbreeds. I also have extensively studied rabbit color genetcis.

I've also been raising rabbits for many years and at one time had over 200.

I was just helping to narrow the possibilities down by ruling outsuggestions that I knew were not a possibility. :)

Pam

Pygmy Fan wrote:
Well, I do.To me it sound like she's justacting abit smart.Nothing personal, I just think I don't need her to tell me Iwas wrong like that, it was a guess basically.

Pam doesn't act smart, she is smart, and she knowsmore about rabbits than anyone on this forum. We areextremely lucky to have her on this forum. You asked aquestion and she answered it. What's the problem? :X

It's not wise to bite the hand that feeds you, as it may stop feeding you.

I think the apology should come from you, not Pam, Pygmy Fan.

-Carolyn

I agree with Carolyn. If Pam wasn't as smart asshe is I believe my babies would have died. I have learned SOO muchfrom reading Pam's posts :) Thanks!

~Amy+Nimue+Babies~

Carolyn wrote:
Pygmy Fan wrote:
Well, I do.Tome it sound like she's just?acting a bit smart.Nothing personal, I justthink I don't need her to tell me I was wrong like that, it was a guessbasically.
?

Pam doesn't act smart, she is smart, and she knowsmore about rabbits than anyone on this forum.? We are extremely luckyto have her on this forum.? You asked a question and she answered it.?What's the problem? :X

It's not wise to bite the hand that feeds you, as it may stop feeding you.?

I think the apology should come from you, not Pam, Pygmy Fan.

-Carolyn

Pygmy Fan,

I'd still like a reply - either on the board or by PM to this post.It's one thing to disagree with someone, it's another to insult them.

There's been a few times that you seem to wish to challenge Pam aftershe's made herself extremely clear and simple in her replies.

Simply my observation, and mine alone.

-Carolyn

Carolyn,

I only said that, I did not know she was a judge.I would only dream ofworking with rabbits, but my only options for things to do with animalsis a vet.I consider Pam very lucky.I get sick around the sight of openflesh.My father keeps saying I'll outgrow it.And personally, I don'tlike dogs are cats, since they steal the shelfs of petstores, leavingbarely any room for rabbit items, and they're who I would be workingwith most oftenly. I truly love rabbits and only wish to work withthem, that's all, call me a brat if you like, my life is very stressfuland I cannot help it.

-Pygmy Fan

Latest posts

Back