Unwanted pregnancy. Great

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe i didn'tspell it correctly A noteary (Sp ) Its aperson who puts an official sealon documents such as marriage licensesand divorce papers , doesnt usually costanything , Usually the can be locatedat you local Town Offices , Post office.If you decide to go thisroute never sign anything untill you getto the Office , TheDocumant Must be signed infront of the person puttingthe seal on it . I believe If Youare Making the contract onlyYou have to sign , By havingYour signature on itit will make it a legallybinding contract. ( I hope I explainedit right ) .

I'm sorry to hear this. I really hope she isn'tpregnant as I would hate to hear of the rabbits going to be sold asmeat. I'd takea pairin a heartbeat if Iwasin USAand I would definitely spaythemso they didn't breed.

I can understand your predicament with your child. I am not going intothesubject of you spanking your child as it is non of mybusiness and is up to you how you raise your children.I oncegave my three year old the responsibility of changing her rabbits waterbottle when I saw her next she had filled it up with orange juice asapparently he didn't want water he wanted orange :?:). Oh and thentheres the subject of a whole packet of yogurt drops finding their wayinto his cage. Needless to say she is never unsupervised with therabbits anymore :D. In the house I know it is hard to keep toddlersout, but its just something that you will have toreally tryto do (put a safety gate in the room he is in or something) to stopsomething like this happening again. I agree it is a part of theirdevelopment and he probably didn't know he was doing wrong. They areinto everything at that age and everything is an adventure to them,bless them.

Finger crossed for you!

Vickie

*EDIT* Just realised he was you nephew sorry.

Hey Dixon I am notsure where you are located but if you are sorta close I would bewilling to take some(if you cant find homes for them :D). Ihave people on a waiting listfor babies:)

~Amy

What a dilemma. I, too, hope she isn'tpregnant. I do have a large network of 'rabbitfriends'.One is in Livonis, Michigan and theanother is in Windsor, Ontario just across the border. Ifeither of these are within a reasonable distance for you, I could askthem if they are aware of any one looking to adopt a houserabbit. I have been considering adopting a friend for Dubya,my neutered Dutch boy, however, one of friends in Canada may re-homeone of her trio to me.

There is always the zoo route. Many city zoos maintainpetting zoos with rabbits, goats, etc.In the winterthe petting zoo livestock usually goes to lion or large animalfood. I know it may not be a pleasant idea to some but itdoes provide food to other living creatures.

Whatever you decide, i wish you the best.

I hope she isnt pregnant too. And I understandthe frustration of a toddler. I had one of those. She's a preschoolernow. I think its worse LOL

Vickie, I just wanted to say: My 3 1/2 yr old would probably try tofill Chinnys bottle with pepsi! LOL She gave our goldfish pepsi andpeanut butter one day.......

Virginia

Not sure where livonus is. But its probablywithin driving distance though. I don't think I'd donate to a zoo to befed to large predators. just don't feel comfortable with that. Not sureif the loal zoo does that or not up here. yhey do have rabbits. Butthey usually keep retired breeding rabbits in the exhibit.

I sympathize with you, I really do. Mynephew just did the same thing, only he put Orion in Daisy'scage. He's 7, so he really should have know better.I wouldn't be so angry with him if he were younger, but at 7 he shouldhave know. I have no idea how long they were together becauseI was at work and his mom (I'm more angry with her) left him unattendedwith the buns. When I came home I found thesituation. I'm just thankful that Orion wasn't hurt becauseboy does Daisy have an attitude.

I to am praying for no babies. I'll add your's to the list.

Jen

yeah seven is definately old enough to knowbetter. My nephew thinks he gave the bunnies an owie. lol. But afteryesterdays episode, he didn't go back by them much today. But thats notthe worste he's ever done. One day he decided to feed my pair ofbettas. I was watching tv, and he was over by the tank looking at them.Next thing I know, there goes the whole thing of fish food right intothe tank. I panicked and cleaned the tank. But they still died. :( Healso did the same thing at home with my sisters mollies. killed all buttwo. Ive got the last two because they didnt bother cleaning the tankafterwards. Just left them in a bowl on the stove. then grew tired ofthem because 'fish tanks are too hard to clean.' Needless to say irescued the mollies. But he's not allowed to feed them!

This kid definately needs to stay away fromanimals. I have never, ever heard of any 3 year old doing so muchdamage.. Hopefully, he'll learn and I pray that your bun doesn't getpregnant.

** " I have never, ever heard of any 3 year old doing so much damage.." **

Maddi please feel free to come meet my 3granchildren lol You want tosee 3 kids under the age of 4get into trouble you should seethese 3 and they are 4 ,3,2 in age ,4 yr old with asplit face from a glof club , ( walked r ight intoit ) . 3 yr old flying down a ramp with aBig Wheel ( trike type bike ) 2 yr old falling head firstinto the Bait tank , 2 yr oldopening the rat cage and gettinbitten by the Mother Rat . 7 Yrold falling off the arm of a couchand breaking her wrist in 2 places, 7 yr old breeding a rabbitwith out supervision , oh hellI could go on and on, Now bear in mind all for thebreeding episode last time ( not thistime ) ALL of them weresupervised , closely Stuff happensin a blink theresactually no preventing it , When the 7 yrold leaned back while sittingatop the chair 3 yrs back Iwas standing right there ,wasnt fast enoughto grab her and save the fall .I really hate to break it tothe uninitiated but children underthe age of 5 can teleport , they canbe right there one minute andthen over there another and youwill never see them move!.

"I was watching tv, and he was overby the tank looking at them. Next thing I know, there goes the wholething of fish food right into the tank. I panicked and cleaned thetank. "

To be honest the same thing has happened to me in our tropical tank. Itwas a pure accident, but still it happened. She actually asked if shecould feed them and before I could answershe droped it all inthe tank.I was lucky non of my fish died. She was 2 at thetime. The tank was just full of food.

"This kid definitely needs to stay away from animals. I have never,ever heard of any 3 year old doing so much damage.. Hopefully, he'lllearn and I pray that your bun doesn't get pregnant."

This is very normal behavior for a 3 year old. All part and parcel ofchild development. It is just a phase they all go through. A sign of avery health toddler :D. I'd be worried if he wasnt likethat.Being a Mummy to 3 under 4's really is hard work:Dand I can understand what you are going through.

Vickie

:mad:If your doe does get preg. youcan't just "do away with it" what kid of animal lover gives away baby'sjust because they were an accident? That's justwrong. I'd give them away for free with a spay/neutercontract before doing the unmentionable.
:XI just don't agree with it that's all. I've lovedanimals all my life and hate to hear those stories of kittens orpuppies drowned just because their animal got a chance to be ananimal. And your nephew really dosen't know thedifference. I've got 2, a 17 month and a 2.5 year old andbelieve me they don't know the difference yet. You may thinkthey should from all the times being told "NO" but 5 mins later theygot it forgotten. That's life,we were all like thatonce apon a time! No ones an:angel:.

Just my 2 cents worth that's all. Don't want to get anyonearguing about what's right or wrong, they're your buns, it's yourdecision, but I wouldn't get rid of them.

Dixon " Dont listen to theNay sayers you do whatyou feel is right ,after what has happened hereand with a few others on the board .You like me and a few othersHAVE to do what we HAVE to do ,

And to any Others who feel thisis an issue let me say thisUntill it happens to You dont PassJudgement , Walk A mile in our Shoesthen throw a Hissy fit.

If I can't find pet homes for them, then i haveno problem with culling them for meat. I'm sorry but thats life. peopleeat rabbit every day. I cannot keep them because I have my breedingrabbits. Which are in a way more important because I need every littlebit of cage space available for them.I will not just give arabbit away for free because irresponsible people flock right to youbecause its a 'free disposable pet.' Doesn't matter if they are givenaway with the contracts or not. They'll still be seen as a free pet,and there's less chances of them getting an owner that will actuallycare for them.

When i cull for food, the way i see it is that it is being responsible.And that its one less animal out there breeding, or taken the chance ofhaving it dumped at a shelter. Where it will be killed anyhow, or rotin a cage for the rest of its life. And actually even when I do cullfor food, I'm still not giving them away. The people that take them dopay for them.

Gypsy, I agree. Even though ive never worked inrescue, I do have a general idea of what its like when people dumpunwanted accidental litters into rescues and shelters because of thissort of thing. I'd rather see them go as pets to responsible homes, orinto my outlet so I don't have to worry about them being abandoned ordumped somewhere.

Latest posts

Back