Thumper danced all night long!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucy/Thumper

Reaction score
I can not believe it! As some of you know Thumperis a rescue from the pound. He was in real badshape. His tail was broken and possible his bum. Hewas miserable. He had been there for 3 months when I foundhim. They had 0 history on him and I knew nothing about hispast. He was fully intack so I knew he wasa he andhad them fix him and that was it. Since I brought him home ittook several months before he would let me pet his back orsides. When he was out of his cage he just "walked" around orstreched out. He never binked, never twisted never"danced". I assumed he was older and had it out of hissystem. Note I have had him for 11 months now. Hewas out Friday night and he danced, binked, twisted and twirled allnight long. I was so excited I cried. It waspriceless.

So, what do you think the deal is??? After a yearis he finally feeling well enough to act like a little bunny?Is he just now getting over his trauma of what he wentthrough? What do you all think? I never expected itin a million years. By the way he was acting I would say heis still very young!

He is expressing his joy at being at yourhome. Apparently he trusts and loves you now and knows youarent the one who hurt him so badly. So congratulations =)

You gentle and patient love has taught him that there are good humans out there =)

I think his emotional trauma is wearing off. Ithink its amazing. Humans and animals are so similar in the sense ofwanting to belong and being taken care off.

bunsforlife wrote:
He is expressing his joy at being at your home.Apparently he trusts and loves you now and knows you arent the one whohurt him so badly. So congratulations =)

You gentle and patient love has taught him that there are good humans out there =)
I think the above says it all! After witnessing what Carolynaccomplished with her Fauna, I know buns can "come back" from the worstpsychological trauma and still live a happy life.

You must be doing something right. Keep on truckin'!

Buck

Latest posts

Back