The Bunny Bunch

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Herro Tucker! You're cute too! ;)

Ilovemyrabbit: I know I shouldn't look at baby bunnies, but they are the cutest things on the planet!! I find myself just looking at ads online because I love to see the pictures! Some ads make me angry though; for example, when I was looking for the bunny that would soon be Ruby, I saw an ad that literally said, "rabbits for sale." I called, and the man sounded like he knew absolutely nothing, he said, "uh yeah we got some rabbits, none of them floppy eared ones, we got ones with blue eyes and lots of rabbits". I was like, "ok, thank you!" And hung up! There are so many ads like that, and then I was fortunate to find Ruby's ad, which was very informative and had pictures! That's another thing I also look for in an ad (back when I was looking for Ruby) I always like to see an ad with pictures :)

But enough rambling about ads! It's been snowing nonstop all day, and apparently it's going to be worse tonight! Is there anyone in the Maine/New England area facing the storm? Good luck to those who are! :pray:

Good Lord, there's so much SNOW!!! We couldn't get off the porch, so we all went out to shovel it, then we tackled our long driveway, and I handled shoveling the path to the barn for Cocoa and Pockets! More updates and pics to come! I'll have to post one of the pictures of the snow! It's up to our knees, and much higher in some places where the plow came to help us!

I´ve been seeing it all on the TV with the snow on the East coast....I couldn´t believe it, it´s so deep and causing chaos. I just can´t imagine that sitting her with brilliant outside and quite warm temperatures.

I´ve been seeing it all on the TV with the snow on the East coast....I couldn´t believe it, it´s so deep and causing chaos. I just can´t imagine that sitting her with brilliant outside and quite warm temperatures.

Haha I couldn't imagine wanting to go out in the cold now! What are your temperatures like?

It´s been about 18ºC this afternoon, really nice weather to sit outside in...can´t imagine you doing that over there unless it´s in an igloo lol.

So....

Nothing much new going on! The bunnies are doing great! Taz grunted at me today though, when she was eating her greens and I went to pet her. :( it actually freaked me out a little at first! Ruby is still shredding te bottom of her pet bed, and it seems like she's almost thinly lining it with fur because of shedding. She stopped shredding today, and as long as she continues to not chew her pet bed, I'll let her have it :)

I also have another thing I wanted to talk about was rabbit showing/4-H. This sounds really stupid, but I've never done anything like these things so... What are they exactly? :) I've just gotten curious after reading about showing rabbits on here. Not that my rabbits could be show rabbits, but I just was wondering what you guys do in showing? What breeds do you show? This is something I'd really like to learn about, although I don't even know where you would show a rabbit in Maine :)

Anyway, enough about that, I was just a little curious :)
Have any of you noticed how expensive these rabbit toys are!? The grass caves that my bunns ADORE are like $20!! It's kind of annoying, because Taz destroys them, but she loves them so I wish I could get her more caves, but it's not like we want to spend $40 on two grass caves that aren't going to last very long anyway :( Do you guys know of any good places to buy rabbits toys such as grass mats, caves, fun toys for cheaper prices? Online maybe?

To finish up this post, here are some pictures:

GEDC2445_zpsa4908445.jpg

Taz's grass cave before she utterly destroyed it :)

GEDC2437_zpsd47a3db6.jpg

Tasmanian Devil wants to escape from her cage! Which she has done, by the way, twice!

GEDC2431_zps85026c42.jpg

Excuse the poop, this was before Ruby began her perfect litter habits! I'm still shocked with how there's never a stray poop out of the litterbox now!

Still annoyed about this picture thing... It's saying I have 11 pics when I have 4!?!?!

Ruby is so cute! ahaha. So is Taz, I like her little mane.
Ellie grunts at me while shes eating too. I just press her head down and tell her to "hush, no one should bite the hand that feeds you" haha. She hasn't growled in a while.

I am so glad we did not get the snow you guys got! My whole town would be completely shut down, it would be terrible. Thank goodness for the South, the magical place it is! My husband went to Maine when he was a teenager and said it was beautiful, he went in the summer and stayed at a hotel that over looked a harbor. He said it was really nice there.

Do you eat the lobsters? I know that probably sounds like such a silly question, but I know Maine is famous for lobsters! I don't really like them just plain, but I like lobster as an ingredient in things. Weird, I know.

Wow, sorry, I'm just rambling on. Hahaha. Talking about lobsters.

Haha actually, I HATE lobster. The smell is revolting! Unfortunately, my brothers and dad love it, so when they eat it, I have something else :)

The snow was CRAZY!! I'll need to post some pictures to try to show just how deep it was! Yeah, Maine is known for snow too.... But I like the snow (after shoveling is done with! ;) ) because its so pretty, especially when it snows lightly and covers the trees. I guess when you live in Maine, you really have to like snow to some degree, because you'll be seeing a lot of it :)

Yes, Taz always nose bonks my hand when I reach it to grab her bowls, but she's never bitten me, and usually she's pretty good about being petted while eating; I guess there was just something special with that romaine heart! :)

Last edited:
They´re both so lovely and I love the pics. Mine go mad at food time, as soon as I get the bag out of the storage box, they´ve got their noses in the dish. I always give Houdini one pellet before I put the food in this dish just in case he mistakes my hand for a piece of lettuce again lol. I really laugh when any of them grunt, it´s such a funny noise. I really laughed last week cos Houdini was on the sofa with me and every time I stroke his head, he honked..I´d never heard anything like it and can you believe I kept doing just so he´d keep honking...how bad am I but it was so funny.

I saw the snow there on the news, couldn´t believe how deep it was but I love it when you haven´t got anything to do. I haven´t seen snow here ever, it´s does snow on the mountains beyond Malaga and in Granada but that´s about it.

They´re both so lovely and I love the pics. Mine go mad at food time, as soon as I get the bag out of the storage box, they´ve got their noses in the dish. I always give Houdini one pellet before I put the food in this dish just in case he mistakes my hand for a piece of lettuce again lol. I really laugh when any of them grunt, it´s such a funny noise. I really laughed last week cos Houdini was on the sofa with me and every time I stroke his head, he honked..I´d never heard anything like it and can you believe I kept doing just so he´d keep honking...how bad am I but it was so funny.

I saw the snow there on the news, couldn´t believe how deep it was but I love it when you haven´t got anything to do. I haven´t seen snow here ever, it´s does snow on the mountains beyond Malaga and in Granada but that´s about it.

Haha the honking noise was kinda funny :)

Oh, I love the snow, most of the time! We got another heavy snowfall today, and it covers the trees and very branch with a thin lining of snow, so it looks so pretty!

So, last night, Ruby gave me the biggest scare ever!!! I went in to give them their dinner, and Ruby was not in her cage. Oh, I figured, she must have broken out. But then I looked down, and the cage was locked...? So my mom and I just kinda waited for her to pop out of a corner, but she didn't. There was no noise at all, and this is a tiny room btw. So, we start frantically searching, and that's when I begin to wonder if she left the room. But the door is kept closed so she couldn't have. It was like she just disappeared. She usually makes scratching noises or SOMETHING, but not today. Then, I looked over by my desk. It has these low shelves, and there was a decorative basket of shells witty on the low shelf, but now, it was on the floor, shells everywhere, and the wood basket looked chewed. My guess was that Ruby tried to jump on the shelf (though i really don't know why) and spilled the shells. What a scare that must have given her :(
I looked over at Taz, and she's just stretching and yawning and waiting for me to feed her.

So, anyway, we keep looking, and then, my mom pulls out the hay bin, and we find her! I then realized that she must have jumped onto the second level, and jumped over the roofless top. (I will be putting on a roof, needless to say!) I thought she would never jump that! Then we realized that she must have been out of her cage, unable to get back in all day, because she immediately ran for her food and water :(

The only thing that was different about her cage was that I had moved the pet bed to the top level, so maybe that made her angry!? :shrug: I checked her for injuries, thankfully she had none! I moved the bed to the floor, and she hasn't jumped to the second level since. Silly bunnies!! Ruby scared me so bad, and my mom too! We had no idea where she was or why she wasn't making any noise! When I saw the shells, I was so scared that she had gotten hurt! I checked on her just now, and she is happy chewing hay in her pet bed :)

Whoo, just wanted to get that whole story on here!

As for the other bun bunns, Taz is great! She actually seems like she's becoming more friendly towards me, since she's always been a little on the aloof side. I definitely want to hold off moving her outside, because Maine has such changing temperatures every day! Maybe mid April?

For Cocoa and Pockets, I am still looking for better hutch(es). I wish I could find one that was semi cheap, had room for two bunnies with a divider, and had those little tiny separated runs at the bottom! That is probably my 'dream hutch' for the bunnies :) If you guys know of any, let me know!

Alright, I'm done posting for now! Pictures coming later!

WOW! I would have been freaking out if I couldn't find Ellie! That did happen to us one morning. My husband and I walked into the kitchen and I called for Ellie and put some food in her bowl and she didn't come. My husband checked the gate to make sure there were no holes. I called and called for her. I checked all her boxes and finally found her under the cabinet I'm making into her cage. I was like 2 seconds away from totally panicking! Its scary when they do things like that!

I'm glad Taz is being a little more friendly to you. That sounds exciting. I couldn't imagine the temp changes up there. It has to be hard to decide to do anything up there, like planting veggies and putting animals outside. How difficult that is. So glad I live in the south! LOL.

I know the feeling, not being able to find a rabbit is a bit scary. I was on the phone the other day and left the door open, one of those days where you´re mind´s on other things. After a couple of minutes, I suddenly realised that the boys were out and couldn´t find one of them. I had a massive panic as if they get into one of the other rooms, I´ll never find them. I then suddenly realised I´d forgotten to look on the chair under the dining room table and there was Bandy as comfy as anything....panic over but it does make your heart race. Glad she was Ok anyway, she is such a cute little girl.

Glad also that Taz is warming to you, sometimes they just need a bit of time.

Weather sounds terrible, we´ve had another gorgeous day, 21ºC, can´t imagine freezing temperatures.

Back