The Bunny Bunch

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hyatt101

Reaction score
So, this blog has kind of a weird title, and I'll change it once I think of a better name, but here is my new, updated blog!

My old blog, Tasmanian Devil and Ruby, really flopped, so I hope this time around I'll have more viewers :)

So, to start off, my name is Christina. I have 4 precious bunnies, all females: Cocoa, a solid black, unknown breed; Pockets, an agouti colored rabbit of unknown breed; Tasmanian Devil aka Taz/Tazzie, a brown dwarf lionhead/Dutch mix; and Ruby, a mismarked Netherland dwarf hotot rabbit!

Cocoa (photos not available right now) is a sweet, outgoing bunny who loves the great outdoors (perhaps a bit too much as she has run away before to run loose on the property!) She is nicely bonded to us, and always greets us joyously as if we haven't seen her in months! She LOVES food, and would eat enough food for 10 rabbits if we let her!

Pockets is a sweet, slightly shyer rabbit. She, like Cocoa, has a big appetite, but will gladly pass up pellets for grass from the yard or veggies! She bounces around in her cage to greet us, and I think she is queen of nosebonks! Here is a picture of her below (sorry about the size)

IMG_4608.jpg

Taz is a shy, but still adventurous girl who loves to be free from her cage and hop into every nook and cranny she can find! She is shy around people, and DOES NOT like to be held! She gives lots of nosebonks, though!
Taz checking out the printer:

GEDC2389_zpsdbed6bbf.jpg

Ruby is my ND and my newest rabbit. She's sweet and loves to be held, and I always describe her as being a 'dainty little thing' :) here's a picture of her:

GEDC2383_zps42383c7f.jpg

Well, I hope you've enjoyed my first post, and I hope to get more viewers this time around! I'll post again later, with lots of new pictures!

Last edited by a moderator:
I love that second picture! he looks like he is looking around to see if someone will catch him snacking on paper!
Ruby is my new Lops name also!
Would love to see more pictures =]

I'm thinking of starting my own blog, too... I just joined this site today, though.. so Idk yet.. your bun buns are adorable.

How are all the buns doing? Are Cocoa and Pockets weathering the cold well? Did you put Taz out yet, or is she in until spring? Did her litter box habits ever improve?
How is little Ruby doing? Does she still have good litter box habits?

Cute bunnies, the lionhead does look like he's about some shady business. As far as views for your blog though, don't get discouraged. Its nice just to right down your thoughts to express them.

They are all lovely, I just love seeing anybody´s bunnies. He does look as though he´s about to get up to mischief with the printer but checking he hasn´t been seen lol. Love Ruby, those eyes are so pretty and Pocket´s fur looks really thick.

Do they all live outdoors as Morgan mentioned this.

I´ll keep checking here and I love to hear stories about everyone´s bunnies and I just love checking out new pics so looking forward to seeing Cocoa as well.

Loved seeing pics of all your sweet buns. I always forget how much Taz reminds me of Agnes :)

They are doing great, thanks everyone! To answer your questions....

All the bun buns are doing great! We haven't moved Taz yet, since we're preparing for a big snowstorm! Cocoa and Pockets will get extra protection around their cages because of cold weather and the snow. We like to cover their cages, because warm air rises, but does anyone have further ideas? Cocoa is in a barn, so should we move Pockets' hutch into the barn, maybe for wind protection? Note: the barn doesn't have electricity or anything, so it's not heated.

In the new indoor cage with xpen that we Taz in, I noticed that Taz only poops and pees on one side of the cage...? Her litter habits never improved or anything, but I thought it was interesting that she was only 'going' in one side if the cage.

Ruby is great too! I put a little pet bed in her cage to see how she would react to it, and thankfully she doesn't use it as another litterbox, but she does shred it quite a bit, which is making my wonder if I should take it out. I feel bad, because she loves it so much!

Oops, missed a question: no, they're not all outdoors; cocoa and pockets are, but Taz and ruby aren't, although Taz will soon be going outside in the spring.

In other news, I'm home sick:( I have a combination of sore throat, cold, and headaches :( I'm hoping for a snow day tomorrow!!

I'm also looking for new hutches for th outdoor bunnies. Anyone have any good ideas of what the hutches should be like or where I might look for one? We want nice ones, maybe with a little mini run attached? We would prefer to just buy one, not build one too. And we're thinking of getting 2 hutches, since Pickets already has one, but of course, I get all weird about the "equality" stuff I posted in another thread about, and I feel bad that Taz and Cocoa will get nice, new hutches with runs hopefully, and Pockets still only has her regular hutch :)

Phew, I feel like all my info is scattered throuout this post, haha! :) I'll just end it with some pics I guess!

GEDC2413_zpsde2e7cef.jpg

Tazzie loves to explore! (And don't worry, she was under close supervision, what with those wires! ;) )

GEDC2397_zps5d081f0f.jpg

Crazy Tazzie!

GEDC2371_zps763268ba.jpg

Dead bunny flop in the litterbox! :D

IMG_4605.jpg

Pockets!

Ok so I'm super annoyed because I just posted 10 pics, (the limit) and it wouldn't let me post until I had reduced it down to 4!! It said, when I had only 5 pics, that I had 11!?

Here are some more pics:

GEDC2305_zps62d271a8.jpg

This is Ruby in the cage we first brought her home in:)

GEDC2372_zps55964dc9.jpg

025.jpg

Ruby as a baby

IMG_4484.jpg

Taz as a baby!

I've never had that problem with the pictures.

I would probably move Pockets into the barn, even though it doesn't have heat, it will be better because there won't be wind on her. As for covering them, I would trying to find some wool blankets, wool is water proof and pretty warm. And as you know, stuffing their hutches with hay or straw, its a great insulator.
I've never had to buy an outdoor hutch, but do you have tractor supply companies up there? I think they have a good deal on their hutches, and its about to be spring time so they'll have them on sale I'm sure. Once chick-days comes around they should put the rabbit and chicken coops on sale. I would look and check.

I'm glad everyone is doing so well!

Sorry that you're home sick! I hate being sick, I've had a headache for a week so I understand your headaches! Get lots of rest and drink some juice!

Thanks Morgan! Yes, we do have Tractor Supply here so I'll check those out :) Yes, we cover the bunnies with wool blankets anyway, and of course, stuff he cages! Sometimes we stuff it so much I wonder if they can move! :) the picture thing is still bugging me...

Unfortunately, this was the one week that i really didnt want to be sick; we're throwing a surprise party for my teacher in school tomorrow, and my brother's birthday is Saturday, and with the storm coming, we need to work hard to get the house and bunnies "storm proof" because our pipes freeze easily and we also use firewood along with oil heat, so we need to stack up the firewood in the little fireplace area!

That pic (of her as a baby) was from before I got her... I can't remember how old she was, maybe 4 weeks??

Oh, they are so lovely. Taz really does remind me of Agnes. I laughed at the picture with the cables. They wouldn´t last two minutes with mine even with supervision lol.

That pic of Ruby as a baby is gorgeous and Taz is adorable, he has changed so much. I just love baby rabbits. I went to Malaga today and can´t help but look in the pet shop window and they had two babies, a white sort of dutchie but with really long ears and it was grooming a really small lop. I tell you, if I had loads of space, i´d ended up with a house full.

Hope you get better soon,nothing worse than feeling lousy and stuck in the house.

Thanks :) oh, I'm hopeless when it comes to baby bunnies!! When I go to the pet store to get something, I always go straight to the baby bunnies. I do like this one place, because they keep no more than 2 bunnies in one large, pretty spacious cage. Still, once I saw two baby harlequin lops and wanted to take them home with me!!

Well, it's snowing heavily up here in Maine, but thankfully the bunnies are fine! I'm still under the weather, but improving slowly :)

I'll give a better post later!

GEDC2314_zpsb5074e4a.jpg

GEDC2291_zps138a76d8.jpg

Back