The Adventures of Fluffy-RIP and Monsters-RIP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, poor girl. What a rough night for the both of you. Glad she's feeling better today!

After we got from our outing I brought Monsters in to my room to lie down with me on the bed. I think we both enjoyed it. I had her sit up so she wasn't lying on her side.

Monsters watching me checkout Facebook.
DSCF3021-2.jpg
DSCF3022-3.jpg

After a few hours of sitting with me I put her to bed so she could eat and have some water and she was standing up for a bit.
DSCF3023-2.jpg
DSCF3025-1.jpg

DSCF3026-2.jpg

And a short clip of her standing up on her own for a few seconds. You can see how she wont put pressure on her right foot.

My baby girl is no stalker! She was just checking things out. She loves to sit with her mommy as I'm the only one who gives her the attention she wants and needs.

Last night after work I picked up my girl and brought her to bed like usual and we had a good time. We typed out a message to Julie as she was telling me not to let the vet tell me to let my girl go. Well Monsters defiantly still has the 3 A's going for.

My sister had gave her some spring greens before I got home and she still had some left so I grabbed it up along with her and was giving her 1 piece at a time and when the leaf came close to her mouth she would grab it from me. She still has an Attitude and Appetite there! and once she was done with her greens I got kisses, so that's the last A, Affection.

Monsters is standing up a little more each day before falling over :)

I'm glad she's still there with the 3 A's, and is improving in her balance. She's such a sweet girl.

I didn't mean anything bad by a stalker! :D It's just funny how the picture has her little eyes over the blanket like, "I see youuuu!". :) I'm glad that she's got the three A's going on for her. Good luck, little Monsters!

I'm so happy right now you wouldn't believe me. I pulled Monsters out her cage as she fell over and need to be cleaned and she needed a bath. She looked very unsteady on her feet but I thought I would try something with her. I tempted Monsters down the hallway with Banana chip and she followed. She wasn't hopping but she walked slow and steady on her own I didn't help her.

This is progress and I'm so pleased with her and me :) I will continue this everyday so she doesn't loose any more mussel on her legs.

EEEKKK I'm just so happy for her. :blushan:

Sending love to lil' Monsters ~

:jumpforjoy: Keep up the therapy and proving you've got appetite, attitude and affection. You've got a great "mom" who takes such good care of you.

:hearts

Thanx Julie she sure does have a good mom. I'll do anything for my bunnies.

Well we went to the vet on Tuesday and the vet picked off the scab from her pressure sore and put a bandage over the area. That we will take off tomorrow.

Monsters is still improving. She's walking more and standing up longer :) My sister informed me that she has falling over and was able to get her self upright without help :) Which she hasn't been able to do in a long time. She gained .02kg which isn't much but that means she loose any more weight in the week since we were just their.

I have a couple of videos and few photo's uploading to share.

[align=center]Pictures from June 9th
[/align][align=left]
I made my sister sit with Monsters while I went to visit a friend. Here are a few photo's of Kris and Monsters hanging out.

DSCF3029-2.jpg
DSCF3028-1.jpg
[/align][align=left]
DSCF3027-1.jpg
[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=center]Pictures from June 10th[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=left]I took Monsters out of her bed after work and let her walk around a bit.[/align][align=left]
DSCF3041.jpg
[/align][align=left]I've had enough I'm gonna rest now.
[/align][align=left]
DSCF3040.jpg
[/align][align=left]I was trying to tempt Monsters out of her cage with a banana chip bu she's not ready for that yet.[/align][align=left]
DSCF3031-1.jpg
DSCF3036.jpg
[/align][align=left]I put her up on the blankets so she was higher than the lip of the cage but she still didn't get out well. She kinda of fell out.[/align][align=left]
DSCF3035-1.jpg
[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=center]Home video of Monsters walking[/align][align=left]Monsters walking is a good thing as she lost muscle in her right leg as she wasn't using for a week. She's getting stronger each day still a bit shaky but thats to be expected.
[/align][align=left] [/align][align=left] [/align][align=left]
[/align][align=left]A photo of Monsters bandage[/align][align=left]
DSCF3030-1.jpg

[/align][align=left]
[/align]

I have a really bad memory... Why does Monsters have mobility issues, and how old is she (I know she's old(er)).

It's so good to see that someone doesn't give up on their "handicapable" pet. I've seen many a critter be put down for things less than what Monsters has. It's good to see that she's happy and living her life to the fullest (Find me a bunny that doesn't want to lounge on a bed or couch and get free head rubs?)! :)

Monsters is 12ish. She mobility issues 'cause she's old. She also has some neurological problems which has affected her mobility we believe. If you were to flip her paws underneath her she wont flip them back as she doesn't realize that they are that way. Starting last year we suspected she had arthritis but the recent x-ray didn't show it but did show that she has worn out her right back hip and that's why she is weak on that leg.

Kelly none of my 4 bunnies will lunge at me :) They will be more than happy to sit and be petted :p and no I wont trade :p

Of all the bunnies I've had in my life all of them have been very sweet. The bunnies that we rescued on the other hand some were little bit feisty. We had a small orange guy that didn't liked to be held and would nip you. We also had a LARGE white girl who I named Prescus who was an extremely angry bunny and wanted nothing to do with anyone and would lunge and bite you if your hands were in your space. They both went to someone who lived on a farm I think.

Here are some links from the start of her problems.
Jan 20 2009
March 18 2009
May 23 2009
June 20 2009

Ok on a brighter note Monsters is getting stronger :) Normally I don't put the lid on Monsters cage 'cause there was no point 'is she cant jump out. Well that has changed.

My sister has been falling a sleep on the futon lately and woke up in the middle of night to find Monsters MIA LOL. Who would of thought :?. So Monsters now has to be fully caged unless someone is watching her.

Once we move I hope to make her an NIC cage. Not sure where i'm going to set it up but I will find room. There's another member of RO who isn't active who will give me her grids that she's not using.

I have Monsters up on the bed and earlier she was trying to take off on me. Silly girl.

Latest posts

Back