The Adventures of Fluffy-RIP and Monsters-RIP

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww, that's so sweet that she loves belly rubs! I'll keep sending good thoughts your way. She's such a sweet girl, and she didn't want you to hold the carrot because she saw you take away her watermelon!

tonyshuman wrote:
she didn't want you to hold the carrot because she saw you take away her watermelon!

You could be right on there.

I called the University back and only 1 of the exotics is there today and she's really busy hasn't checked messages yet. I could bring Monsters in as an emergency but no guarantee I would see the exotic vet :( So we are going to wait for the vet to call back and then decide what we are going to do.

This Weekend Monsters has been able to stand up on her own for a bit with her good left front leg. She doesn't;t like when I lye her on her side as I don't want her to try taking off and hurt her legs.

I have a new setup again for her, never satisfied with it until it looks right.

Are we going to get photos of her new set up. Are you still thinking vet tomorrow?

Yah I can take new photo's. Yah still going to the vets tomorrow. She's still not using her right arm. My sister got up and told me to look at Monsters so I did there she was standing up in the corner of her cage there's a towel there for extra cusion so if she wanted to she could made a hop for it. I had her laying down so thats a good sign she manged to get herself upright which has been a problem for a while.

Monsters and I will go take new photo's for everyone assuming I can remember where I put the camera.

Photo's of Monsters new setup as requested.

1 + 2 show the cage. I rolled up her blankest and put them on the side of her cage so if she does fall over she wont hit her precious head on the cage.

DSCF3006.jpg
DSCF3007.jpg

3 shows how Monsters is normally lying in her cage.

DSCF3009.jpg

4 shows gives you an idea where Monsters was standing up when I found her earlier, except she was more in the corner looking at the kitchen.

DSCF3008.jpg

Monsters is a very good lap bunny. My sister made us lunch and of course Monsters needs to know what your having so she can try it out. Well she had a taste of bread and wanted more. She only got a very tiny piece.

^ aaaaaww so cute! Emily said shes cute too!!
I love her little home! Very snuggly and practical at least she won't hurt her head :hearts:

Give her a kiss for me.

Well were finally home after a long stay at the vets waiting for the meds and then stopped to look at a 2bd basement suite.

The couldn't feel any fractures in her front leg and felt like I did that it most likely is a neurological problem. I asked if we could give her Metacam as well as the Tramadol and said yes, but told me about the side affects of Metacam which I know and understand. Right now I want quality of Life and not quantity.

So Monsters is getting .18ml tonight of Metacam then we go down to .09ml and continue the Tramodol twice a day at .06ml. We are going to try the Metacam for a week and see how she does with.

She was visably scared when were at the vets, she was shaking a bit and looked frighten. I held once we got to the campus and walked to the clinic. And once left the clinic to keep her calm and relaxed. I brought pellets and water for her just in case. She ate most of the pellets while we were there and drank some water when we meet up with mom.

I think thats it, thanx for reading!

Here are 2 links to the University's website where Monsters gets all her excellent care.

[size="-1"][font="Arial,Helvetica"]Small Animal Clinic[/font][/size]
The vet is Dr. Parker and she's in charge of the Exotic Dept and very nice.

The Exotic dept also runs the[size="-1"][font="Arial,Helvetica"] Avian & Wildlife Medicine Service[/font][/size]

Avian & Wildlife Medicine Faculty
Dr. Dennilyn Parker
Avian & Wildlife Medicine Intern
Dr. Cynthia Chow - We like her, she's nice and I don't want her to leave at the end of the month
Dr. Robert Adamski - Dont care for him.

More kisses coming for Monsters.

Monsters had a rough night last night. When I got home she was wet so I gave her a wash and blow dried her so she didn't go back to bed wet. After I felt she was dry I put her into bed. Later my sister said she was shivering so I asked her to bring her to me with her blanket.

I laid her down and she was shivering a bit and grinding her teeth. I grabbed by blow dryer and warmed her up a bit more and patted her head so she knew I was here with her. We were up till 2am before she stopped, and had a few pieces of leaves and pellets, and I felt she was better and ready to go to bed. I thought about leaving her on the bed with me all night but was worried I might accidentally hurt her while I'm sleeping.

This Morning she looked good had lots of poopies waiting for me to dispose of for her. She took her meds like normal and wants more.

Latest posts

Back