Tallulah Maesie, the angel bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can make one guess regarding one aspect of your dream: the water. (I think I'm qualified due to the dream that I had, about which I've PM'd you.)

If I recall correctly, water, as a symbol, is tied to the concept of emotion. That being the case, I'm thinking that the rough waters in our dreams indicate our emotional state (and the rougher the waters, the more up-and-down our emotional states).

Jenk

I can't believe she's been gone a week! I miss her so much, even though I never met her, I can't imagine how it must be for you... :(

I'm glad that Paul's back from his conference though, so you don't have to be on your own...

Tallulah, I sure hope you're doing tons of binkies up there!
:rainbow:

Jen xx

Cheryl, thank you for your condolences, and thank you to Jen and Nicole and anyone else who keep reading my updates! :) I need to type a long entry, but again, I have to work today. Yesterday I spoke with my boss and requested to work fewer hours for a couple weeks, maybe more aroun 25 than the 45 I have this week. The schedule for next week has already been made, so the fewer hours would be the week after this. They even called on my one day off this week to ask if I could work 9 hours that day! I need time to recuperate without having to work, and time to focus on Skyler's illness. Also, I need to do some more EMT classes so need time for that. I'm going to turn in my application to work at the vet office. I think my talents are better suited to working at a vet office, and if the buns or birdies ever get sick, I don't need to worry about leaving them because I can just take them to work with me!

We've decided to get another bunny when the time is right, probably a Holland Lop again. I need a little girl to love, and I want Skyler to have a little friend so he doesn't have to be alone. Rory is a big fat grumpalump who doesn't seem to like other bunnies, so I'm more concerned with getting Sky a buddy. Even though Skyler will be well recovered from his neuter by then, I plan to keep them apart for at least a month or so so I can bond with the new bunny first. I wish there were some way for Tallulah's soul to come back in the form of my new bunny! Last night I fell asleep thinking of her binkying in heaven and it was so nice, thank you Jen for giving me that mental image. She wasn't much of a binkier in life, so it's good to picture her feeling so good and being so happy!

Hi Shiloh!! It's hard to believe it has passed beyond a week, that Tallulah has left for the Rainbow Bridge :( poor girl!!

I can't believe they call you in for work like that. They don't appear to be much caring. I hope you can start your work at the vets soon!! sounds like a plan :)

Did the vet ever tell you, what her exact cause of death was??? I still can't believe it...

Binky free, little one...

:pink iris:

Nicole, I'm still waiting to hear exactly what her cause of death was. Skyler has another vet appointment on Tuesday and we're going to talk about Tallulah then as well. Please hope that Skyler gets better quickly and we don't have to go to the vet again for a long time!

It's finally beginning to sink in for me that Tallulah is gone and won't be coming back. It's a relief in some ways because I'm not looking for her as much and then feeling a rush of pain when I remember she's not here. I'm getting used to the idea that she won't be living out her life with me, and that she and Skyler won't be the adorable little pair I've imagined since we first decided to bring Sky home. Instead, I imagine her and Cinnabun cuddling and playing together in heaven. I'm able to smile some now and feel happiness over other things, but I'm constantly aware that she's gone, her death is right below the surface and I'm almost always thinking about it. It's weird, sometimes work is good because it's a distraction, but other times I just want to go home and have some peace.

I think about how soft and fluffy her fur was, really, you all would have been amazed! She had such long, fine hairs that were SO soft and silky. She had the coat of a little bunny still. It was more adultlike than when I first got her (she was just a poofball then), but still very babylike. Is it just me, or did Tallulah always look very babyish? Keep in mind that in the pictures I posted above, the most recent ones were at the beginning and the pictures of her younger were near the end. She weighed about 2 1/3 pounds a week before she died, and she was pleasantly plump, so you can tell she was a little one.

Well, I have to go to work in a few hours, so I should get some sleep.

Aww Shiloh, I wish I could stop the hurt!

Tallulah did look kinda very young, maybe because she had such an inquisitive, wide eyed look. She did seem like such a little fluffy girl - it's so hard to think she has gone :(

Jan

Shiloh,

I haven't been on RO for a few weeks...and I hate that this is the first thread I am reading.

So sorry for your loss. Tallulah was one of the cutest bunnies ever. I can just see her sweet disposition coming through in every one of her pictures.

I wish there were something I could say to take away the pain or make you feel better, but I know there are no words...

Simply know that there are so many of us who share in this with you and care.

~Mary Ellen

Shiloh,
I didn't know Tallulah in the same way other members here did, but from your posts and the love expressed for her by other RO members,I havea little idea of how special a bunny she was. I'm sorry for your loss. In time may you think of all your happy memories of Tallulah.

:rainbow::pink iris:Hop roundat the bridge sweet girl.

Jo xx

I'm so excited! Tallulah's breeder just e-mailed me to say that her mom, Olivia, just gave birth to 6 little babies! One of her other rabbits just gave birth to 1 baby, so she gave 2 of the babies to the other mom to foster. She also sent me a picture of Olivia and one of Tallulah's brother, Solo! Olivia is so sweet, she has Mae Mae's face and her markings, though her color is a little lighter. She just took the pictures today, the one of Olivia was just a little while before she went into labor.

Olivia:
Olivia.jpg

Brother Solo:
Solo.jpg

Aren't they cute? It makes me happy to see them. I really hope the little ones make it, Randy's going to contact her and give her some treatment advice since her rabbitry has been having trouble with the same thing Tallulah had and she's lost 7 babies to it in the past month and a half. She said she plans to start treating the babies with antibiotics at 3 weeks old to try to keep it from developing.

I have to get ready for work, but just wanted to share this with all of you!

Wow Shiloh, I can't believe how much Olivia looks like Tallulah! Bless her. And Solo is so cute as well...

I'm glad to hear that Randy's going to be helping her treat her babies, I've got to say that if anyone can help, it's him! I hope that whatever is going on with her babies can be stopped so they can be healthy, and she wont lost anymore...

I hope you're doing ok too hon... :hug:

Jen xx

My goodness...Tallulah really does look so much like her mum...that is so sweet...and Solo..oh my he's adorable...i love his colouring....what a gorgeous family.

You know,i wasn't on the forum for a while when Tallulah died,but when i came back and logged on i was quite shocked that you had lost your little baby.

:hug:

~Cheryl

I was at walmart today cruising through the isles, and something caught my eye. It was a rabbit puzzle and the rabbit looked a lot like Tallulah, so I bought it.

And Olivia is beautiful. :inlove:

I got Tallulah's ashes back today when I brought Skyler to the vet! They are in a plastic bag with her name on it inside of a little white cardboard box with her name written on it and a pretty ribbon carefully glued to the lid. I like that they didn't just return her in a Ziploc baggy but put her ashes in a decorated box. It's a bit of a comfort to have her ashes with me. I decided to buy a wooden music jewelry box for her ashes instead of the little bunny dish. I'm wanting to get this one here: http://www.jewelryboxes.com/music-boxes-&-trinket-boxes/music-boxes/butterfliesinlayburlelmmusicbox.cfm

It is pretty and girly, just like her. I like the butterflies. I found a picture of another jewelry box made by the same company, this Edelweiss box is a little smaller but shows what the inside will look like:

http://www.musichouseshop.com/store/bst10-edelw.html

So, not a whole lot of space for the ashes (I'll also put her whiskers and bit of fur I trimmed in it), but I really like that you can see the inner workings of the music box. I've always loved music boxes and now I'll finally have one. It seems so much more cheerful than an urn and more representative of the happiness her life brought me.

What do you all think? There are several songs I can pick from, which should I choose? I actually wish Edelweiss were one of the songs to pick from with the butterfly box! Also, the company doesn't ship to Alaska, so I'll need to work something out :ponder: Anyone feel like letting me ship the box to them, then you shipping it on to me? I will of course pay for the shipping. It shouldn't be more than $10.

Edited to say, I also like this one and it would have more space to store her ashes. I can pick Edelweiss as the song for this one, unlike the butterfly box. Decisions, decisions!

http://www.jewelryboxes.com/music-boxes-&-trinket-boxes/music-boxes/trunkboxlightbluemusicbox.cfm

SnowyShiloh, that's a beautiful music jewelry box.As long as you're following your heart on this matter (and I think that you are), you can't go wrong. (Although I wonder...Is a felt interior "safe" for storing ashes? It may be just fine.Perhaps the plastic bag would insulate them just fine.)

I can tell from your more recent postings that your heart is in the early stages of healing. Your words convey a lighter feeling, as though some of the emotional weight is lifting from your heart; I sincerely hope that is the case.

:pink iris:

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Also, the company doesn't ship to Alaska, so I'll need to work something out :ponder: Anyone feel like letting me ship the box to them, then you shipping it on to me? I will of course pay for the shipping. It shouldn't be more than $10.

I think the music boxes are lovely and would be great options for a memorial resting place for her ashes.

Also, I would be delighted to have it shipped to me...and I would get it immediately to you. With school being out, I am generally home if any deliveries come...and I could head right to the post office to ship to you.

PM me if you are interested.

~Mary Ellen

I found some that may interest you.

This box can have Tallulah's picture etched in marble on the top of the box:

http://www.epicmerchandise.com/205.html

This is a music box (Edelweiss is available) that has a photo insert on the top:

http://www.bizrate.com/jewelryboxes/oid711968955__nwylf--.html

Personalized pet urns:

http://www.memorial-urns.com/wooden_pet_urns.html

Rabbit figurine urns:

http://petscaskets.com/index.html?lang=en-us&target=d56.html

Just a few more ideas to contemplate. Hope this helps.

Patti

Patti,

Those are really nice, too. I especially like the bunny urns; the figurines have such soft-looking eyes--as only bunnies (and deer) do.

Back