Tallulah Maesie, the angel bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh SnowyShiloh I just enjoyed those video's.. Such a personality in that one - so outgoing and perhaps she new she had a short time.. I'm really sorry she is gone from your life and know I don't have the "thing" that is going to make you whole, but after watching those videos of Tallulah I really think you did have something special in your life that no one else will experience..

RIP Tallulah, you will be missed by many...

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Thank you all yet again for all the love you've shown for my girl. Give your bunnies lots of kisses and don't be afraid to spoil them! Miss Mae's favorite food was oats, feel free to give your bunnies a little bit in honor of my girly. She would always pick them out of her food bowl before hoovering down her pellets.

I definately will.

Oh Shiloh I can't even imagine how you are feeling. And how you said you took pictures of after she died and a video before she died...will you please send them to me? I'd atleast love to see the video.

I've been thinking about Tallulaha lot, expecially when I look at Macey. I picture her looking like Macey just with a different coat...but then I get upset because we will never see Tallulah at that age. I miss her so much, and she wasn't even my rabbit.

I am so sorry for your loss. She was such a pretty bunny. That is horrible what happened to her.

Rest in Peace Tallulah. :bunnyangel2:

My deepest condolences for your loss...

I had the opportunity to read your thread in the last few days, and your gorgeous pictures of Tallulah were so inspiring. Thank you for sharing her. I think she's given a lot of joyto a lot of people!

Thanks so much for sharing the videos and pics of your sweet girl. What a dear, sweet little face! She was a lovely little girl, and I know she is watching over you. :pray:for you at this saddest of times.

I miss you so much, baby girl! I can't believe you've been gone for 3 days. It feels like so much longer :( Paul took Skyler to the vet for me today and he brought home the container I dropped Tallulah's little body off at the vet in. I didn't get the towel back, I requested that they wrap her in it again after the necropsy. I'd imagine she's either being cremated now or is in a freezer waiting. I hate the idea of her being frozen, it's so unnatural, and I also hate the idea of her being burned. I just hate the idea of her being gone. If I had a good place to bury her, I may have, but we're renting our apartment and I wouldn't want to leave her behind when we move away. At least now I'll have her ashes forever, just like Cinnabun's. I actually sculpted a larger than life statue of Cinnabun a couple summers ago during a ceramics class I took at the university, I hollowed it out and put a little opening with a lid on the back. It's his urn. I couldn't find a manufactured urn special enough, so I had to make my own. I don't know yet what I'll do with Mae's ashes. I wish she were like a phoenix and could be born again from her own ashes. I know that's silly though.

Sorry I'm rambling, like I said I'm tired and missing my girl.

Montana, I'll send you the pictures and videos of her last few minutes. The videos might be disturbing (though not graphic) because you can see how listless she was... I'm not sure whether they'll be a comfort or not, but for some reason I felt compelled to make them. I still need to upload them to Photobucket though. Please remember to take videos of your bunnies in addition to just photographs!

Okay, I decided to upload to Photobucket some of the last pictures of Tallulah before I go to bed. I hope you like them.

Tallulah and Skyler enjoying each other's company through the cage bars. So sad to know they will never get to be friends, I think they would have loved each other. I wonder if Rory misses Tallulah, over time he stopped hating her I think (though he'd still try to get her if they weren't separated) and would sometimes kind of sit by her as she lay outside his cage and would wash himself at the same time as her.

Tallulahslastphotos001.jpg

Tallulahslastphotos003.jpg

Tallulahslastphotos004.jpg

The last picture of healthy Tallulah, taken by Paul about a week ago. She was so excited about her food that she was only partly on her shelf, rear end hanging over the side, balancing on the tips of her toes! Don't mind the poopy litter box, she was quite the prolific pooper and the picture was taken on cage cleaning night. That cage she was in was small, but she spent a lot of time every day out and she was going to get a much bigger NIC cage as soon as she and Skyler were bonded.

Tallulahslastphotos006.jpg

Tallulah after she died, wrapped in her hay green towel. She looks so very peaceful, don't you think? It looks like she's cuddled in and sleepy. If someone had handed her to me wrapped in that towel and I didn't know, I honestly would think she was just very comfy. These pictures comfort me a little bit, I hope they do the same for you all.

Tallulahslastphotos022.jpg

Tallulahslastphotos026.jpg

I have more pictures, some rather heartbreaking (like the last one of her face before she died, she looked so helpless), some sweet close ups of her nose and tail and ears. Pictures I was never able to get while she was living because she was much too busy to sit there and let me take them.

Paul will be flying to Texas for a conference early tomorrow morning and won't be back until Wednesday. I know that isn't that long, but I really want to be with him right now.

Thank you for uploading those pictures of Tallulah, Shiloh, the ones of her and Skyler meeting are so precious, she looks happy too...

The final pictures of her just look so peaceful, and so beautiful as she always was...

I'm so sorry that you have to be on your own as well, when you're going through so much...

:hug1Jen xxx

I'm glad you all like the pictures. I think I need to not look at the ones right before she died, they make me so sad. She's been gone for four whole days, I can't believe it. Time for her to come back now, I think. Miss you, Miss Mae.

SnowyShiloh wrote:
I miss you so much, baby girl! I can't believe you've been gone for 3 days. It feels like so much longer :( Paul took Skyler to the vet for me today and he brought home the container I dropped Tallulah's little body off at the vet in. I didn't get the towel back, I requested that they wrap her in it again after the necropsy. I'd imagine she's either being cremated now or is in a freezer waiting. I hate the idea of her being frozen, it's so unnatural, and I also hate the idea of her being burned. I just hate the idea of her being gone. If I had a good place to bury her, I may have, but we're renting our apartment and I wouldn't want to leave her behind when we move away. At least now I'll have her ashes forever, just like Cinnabun's. I actually sculpted a larger than life statue of Cinnabun a couple summers ago during a ceramics class I took at the university, I hollowed it out and put a little opening with a lid on the back. It's his urn. I couldn't find a manufactured urn special enough, so I had to make my own. I don't know yet what I'll do with Mae's ashes. I wish she were like a phoenix and could be born again from her own ashes. I know that's silly though.

Sorry I'm rambling, like I said I'm tired and missing my girl.

Montana, I'll send you the pictures and videos of her last few minutes. The videos might be disturbing (though not graphic) because you can see how listless she was... I'm not sure whether they'll be a comfort or not, but for some reason I felt compelled to make them. I still need to upload them to Photobucket though. Please remember to take videos of your bunnies in addition to just photographs!

Dear Shiloh:

you wrote:

I wish she were like a phoenix and could be born again from her own ashes. I know that's silly though.

I don't think that is silly at ALL, Shiloh!!

:hearts:

For the people who want to see the last two videos I took of Tallulah, here they are. They were taken about 15 minutes before she died. You can see how very lethargic she was, in the first one she did move a little bit a couple times, but that's it. Her nose was hardly moving and you can see that she was breathing shallowly. At one point, I lift up the pouch of fluids on her right side, the vet injected her with them so she'd stay hydrated. You can see how heavy it was because the weight pulled the orange spots that went down her back off to the side!

In the second one, you can see the urine on her tummy from when she peed while lying in her litter box, and you can see some of the bloody mucus stains on her feet and tail. The vet tried to feed her Critical Care and that's what's all over her face and chest :( You can see that she isn't supporting her head at all, she was like a rag doll. She looked so heartbreakingly pitiful :cry4:

Oh, poor little baby Tallulah, I don't know what to say, that's started me off crying all over again for her... Poor little baby, she didn't deserve to go so soon... :( Thank you for posting them though... That must have been so hard for you to do...

*biggest hugs* xxx

:rainbow:

oh, poor Tallulah!! you did not deserve to leave so soon...:tears2:...poor Baby!! my heart is broken over this!!

thank you, for posting those videos, Shiloh!!

Tallulah!! you are such a sweetheart!! you are very much missed, but Love will keep you 'alive'... :bunnyheart...

much LOVE, Nicole

XOXOXO

Shiloh, I just watched the vids, that second one reminds me of Angel. You poor thing, I am still so sorry. I wish there was something I could do or say, but it just takes time, at least with me it did. Of course, I had so many friends from here helping me along, that helped so much. So, just talk when you need to and pm me or any of us, we're glad to help. I know, hon.:(

Shiloh:

I think the Fitz and Floyd Bowl is kind of cute :)

Did you get your baby's ashes back yet??? poor Tallulah!! I miss her!! she is such a sweet little girl!! that is just SOOO unfair, that she is gone...

Have you looked at this website??? They have some urns too:

http://www.atpeace.com

Sending you bunnyhugs and snuggly snuggles your way, to make you feel better!!

You are in my thoughts!!

*hugs*, Nicole

:pink iris:

I dreamed about Tallulah for the first time ever last night. It's weird, I have a lot of dreams, but I never dreamed about her when she was living, and I don't think I've ever dreamed about Rory or Skyler either. I dreamed about her a couple times last night. I don't remember much from one of them, but in the other, it was a very black night and I was in the ocean with about 10 other people, and we were riding on the flat back of a very large fish. The fish was gliding along quickly just under the surface of the water, so we were sitting in about an inch or two of water. I was cradling Tallulah's dead body in my arms and a young guy with dark hair was sitting next to me petting her head. I was sitting on the edge of the fish, and I told him to grab her from me if I fell off the fish's back so she would stay safe. The fact that she was dead didn't seem to disturb him and he promised to take her if I fell. At one point, I started falling backwards into the water and I held onto her tight against my chest so I wouldn't lose her. She started scrambling because she was scared of the water and I held her very tightly and she scratched my neck up accidentally, making it bleed, but no way was I going to let go. That was it. I think the other dream involved her also being dead, but showing signs of life like taking a breath.

When I was about 12 and Cinnabun was two years old, I had a somewhat similar dream. I dreamed I was standing on the beach during the day time, listening to music on a walkman, and Cinnabun was sitting at my feet, several feet away from the where the waves were coming in. Suddenly, a wave reached out and caught him and pulled him into the water. I tore off the walkman and ran into the ocean after him as the tide carried him out. He was always just a little too far away for me to grab, my fingers would graze his wet fur, but I couldn't grab him. I kept swimming towards him, and night suddenly fell. I could still see him in front of me though because his eyes were glowing bright yellow. I kept trying for hours to get him, but the waves always pulled him away. Thankfully, Cinny lived five more years after that. After he did die though, I had many dreams about him, and dreamed about him again the nights my grandmothers died. A month or so after he died, I saw a dead opossum in the road and that night, I dreamed Cinny came hopping out from behind the couch, then rolled onto the carpet and turned gray and his mouth became huge and hung open like the opossum's mouth.

As a side note, Cinnabun never suddenly did so called "dead bunny flops" in real life, the only time was in that dream, so the term DBF kind of freaks me out. Rory does do them though and moves exactly like Cinnabun did in that dream, which was the first time I "saw" a bunny do one. That's why I was scared the first time I saw Rory do a DBF! We prefer to call them El Floppos.

So, anyone good at translating dreams and want to give a go at the Tallulah dream?

Today Tallulah has been gone for one week. In an hour or so, it will be exactly 7 days since I realized how ill she was. I'll be at work at 7:20, the approximate time she died. I'm sure I'll have my eyes on the clock. I don't have much time to write because I have to finish getting ready for work, but Tallulah is still greatly missed here and she's still always, always on my mind, no matter what I'm doing. I didn't sleep well last night thinking about her, and I woke up with my head at the foot of the bed! I remembered that Paul has a few pictures of her on his computer that I never got to see, I'm going to ask him if we can find them tonight and I'll share them with you.

Binky in peace, sweet girl! Your mama loves you always.

Back