Royal Couple - Katie & Pepper

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FuzzyLove

Reaction score
Well, I am now the proud bunny mama of two cute fuzzballs.:biggrin2: Yesterday we had the date #2 for both Katie and Pepper to decide if they want to pursue their budding relationship. Things overall went very well. There was a time that Pepper showed Katie that he was to be the dominate one - boy was it funny to see little Pepper on top of Katie! (Katie is slightly larger in size that Pepper) My fiance, Andy, and I decided to go ahead with the adoption after the date. :hearts

The first night went pretty well, I gave Katie some of her toys to play with and gave her her nightly snack of a carrot. Of course I was a nervous bunny mama and had to check on them throughout the evening. She just kinda looked at me like "What are you looking at?" But Pepper was curious about the new activity. I'm afraid the cage I got for her might be on the smaller size but it will only be temporary until they decide if they wish to live together and then my little Royal Couple will have their Daddy make a mansion (ie. bunny condo) for them.

This morning I made sure to be a good slave and bring Miss Princess her blueberry. I have one to Pepper too and of course brought their little salads. I think it will take time for all of us to get adjusted. Tonight we plan on another bonding session to be done in the bathroom (neutral territory). We will see how it goes. This will be our first bonding time alone (ie no experts right there) and I'm a little nervous. I've been reading bonding articles to prepare - and we'll see how it goes.

Fuzzy Love

[align=center]Congratulations [/align]
I can hardly wait to see the pictures. I'm sure everything will go great with the bonding.

Susan
hase287.gif
hase335.gif
hase189.gif

Date #3 last night. Took them out in their neutral area for about 25 minutes. Things started off by "lets sniff" then "you have your end of the room - I'll have mine." They would switch off between the two for most of the date. They did lay up to one another, which of course we petted them and praised them. But that didn't last long! By the end, Pepper was getting to show his dominance. Head down for "Groom me!" or getting on top of Katie. We let this go on a few times for short periods but then he was pretty much chasing her and we broke the date off. However, we made sure to spend time with each rabbit and pet them and told them they were good.

This morning I went in to check on them and give them each a blueberry and a morning salad. Pepper must be smitten with cute Princess Katie because he was all sticking his nose out toward Katie. She, on the other hand, seem oblivious! :? I am sure she is just trying to get adjusted. The first night we had her, she peed on the floor of her cage and then again in the morning. However, since I've throughly cleaned the area with vinegar, she hasn't done it. Signs of unhappiness? I hope not. I'm sure the adjustment is hard but I've been trying to minimize the stress by making sure she has her toys and blueberry/carrots every day.

Finally, what a bad bunny slave mama I am! :grumpy: I have not uploaded any photos to the blog, and to be honest we only have 2 photos (from the 2nd date). I will try to be a better slave and show off her precious children and take more photos of them! :D

Okay - that's all. I will try to keep this updated as much as possible with the adventures of the Royal Couple courting each other!

Fuzzy Love

I am sure it will take a few weeks for Katie to adjust to her new environment and schedule. Don't give up yet. As I said, she is an independent girl and at times rather aloof. She is used to her "alone" time,my cat, Pearl, and very little cage time during the day. I was feeding her two salads, one at noon and one at night. If you are doing only one salad, try giving her a bit at night also to help her transition to your routine.

Pepper may still be having some hormone issues since his neuter was only about a month ago. It could take another month for him to calm down, if he does at all.

Give them both smooches from me. Tell Katie I think about her all of the time, especially when I see the little Disney "Princess" step stool I was going to buy for her to climb on.

Keep us posted,

myheart

How are the royal kids doing? Did you have another date yesterday? Monday's sounds pretty good to me. Pepper will probably grow less interested in mounting once they have their dominance worked out.

We need pictures!:p

Princess Kate of the Poofy Underpants has found a home with another bunny and a human to rule over? What wonderful news! A royal family like that MUST have the paparazzi stalking them all day, no?;)

No date last night, wanted to take a night off for the kids to rest. Things have been overall good, there is still the order of dominance issue being worked out and the trust factor. Well I did have photos of the kids but they are loaded onto my computer at home, I'm at work, but hopefully will get a chance to load them on tonite. :biggrin2:

Fuzzy Love

Finally, here are pictures....

Here's a mug shot!

DSC00062.jpg

Dating photo...

DSC00073.jpg

Here's Katie in her throne...

DSC00071.jpg

Dating has been very successful. They have started to cuddle in their pet bed and Pepper has been cleaning Katie's ears. I think the issue of dominance is unsure right now.... Pepper is the one mounting but is the one cleaning Katie. Katie has done none of the work while Pepper has fallen head over heals. Pepper wants to cuddle all the time but Katie gets irriated and leaves. Pepper then follows her. They do the "butt smell" thing and a few times Katie has niped him in the butt. Pepper looked like a wounded solider when she did this and went to be alone for a while. I try to break them up after this has happened, and one time even sprayed Katie when things on out of hand. Not sure what to do about this because I don't think its a full out sign of fighting. We are taking it slowly and I think Pepper is slow to trust her again.

Fuzzy Love

I am so sorry that Katie is being a brat about cuddling with Pepper. Try to explain to her, and send her good thoughts about cuddling being good. Poor Pepper trying so hard to impress the Princess :(. Maybe the break for him is a good thing if he is a bit afraid of her. I think Katie is just slow to accept anything--it took her a bit to accept the grooming gesture from me also. Give her a bit more time to come around...:?

myheart

p.s. the pics are great--keep them coming :D

I finally went through my pics because I wanted to post new pics of Patrick and Luna, when I came across this picture of Katie and Pepper on their second date. I think this is "the one" you missed, the turning point of the date. :p

P8240541-1.jpg

You should be able to copy it to your own picture file if you would like. This is such a big "Awe...." picture. :p

Hope you like it,

myheart

Mama's babies are doing very well. Katie seems to be getting used to her routine here. She even was up for some cuddling... long enough to snap a photo! There has been no more nipping so that is good. I think the kids are falling in bunny love!!

DSC00082.jpg

Here's the kids cuddling!

DSC00084.jpg

Bunny date later tonight... we'll see who annoys who! haha

Fuzzy Love

Prince Pepper and Princess Katie are quite the good looking couple -- if I do say so myself. They are lovely together and my only hope is that their budding relationship will continue to grow and grow until they are wedded in holy matrimony. Or, well, atleast a small backyard wedding with all their closest friends and tons of yummy herbs and carrots. Besides, I think Katie will look fab in white.

:p.

Seriously, congrats on your new little fuzzies. You sound like a devoted bunny mom already and I, for one, can't wait to see more pictures and hear more stories of bunny love.

"Love is in the air..." :whistling"...every time I turn around."

Awe, look at my little girl cuddling with her new Prince!!!!:pShe must be starting to adjust to her new schedule and having a hus-bun. Her hair looks great. Is she done with her shed, finally? Is she eating you out of house and blueberries? So many questions...

Keep the pictures coming!!!:biggrin2:

myheart

I think Katie is nearing her shedding, I got a lot out of her the other night. I don't want to upset her because she didn't really like the whole process (neither does Pepper) but I don't want her to ingest all that extra fur!

Both Pepper and Katie now look forward to their blueberries/Salad in the morning and carrots/salad at night. Its so cute how they all get excited when I go see them at that right time of day and they know whats coming!

Also, I got some pumpkin - how much do I give and how often?

Fuzzy Love

Latest posts

Back