RO Playlist Share

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinksalamander

Reaction score

[align=center]As suggested by Northern Autumn, here is the RO Playlist Share Thread!

Here is how it works, you can post a playlist of your favourite tracks at the moment for others to listen to and review. We encourage you to try out others playlists too and review them, say what you liked and didn't like so we can all start to enjoy some different music!

Post a playlist of around 10 songs (so they aren't too long) on here, with full song names and artists. Please keep the chattyness to a minimum in your posts so we can all find playlists quickly and easily!

If you think you want to sample anothers playlist then you can either buy the songs from somewhere like iTunes, or you can try searching for the music videos on Youtube or similar sites, or you can use (and I urge you to try) SPOTIFY!

Please try to listen to the whole playlists, or even the whole song, because if you skip through things thinking you won't like them you might miss something great!

Spotify
For any of you who haven't heard of Spotify its a great music program that allows you to browse through millions of songs and add them to your playlists. Whats more, its absolutely FREE and LEGAL. You aren't downloading the tracks, you are simply listening to them. Its like listening to the radio, but choosing what YOU want to listen to. Its virus free, its not a torrent program like Limewire, and it has great reviews from reputable sources all over the world. Just google 'Spotify Reviews' and see for yourself.

To use it you will have to sign up for an account. The whole download and install took me about 5 minutes.

Once you've got it open you can simply use the search box to search for songs, and you can drag them into a new playlist (to keep them there everytime you close the application) or drag them into your Play Queue if you just want to listen for now.

http://www.spotify.com/en/

Remember
1. Post your own playlists
2. Listen to others
3. Report back! Everyone would love to hear your feedback so please don't neglect to tell them if you absolutley loved their playlist or thought it was the worst thing you've ever heard (but be nice :D) . I'm sure either way they will be happy to listen to your opinions and be interested in what you thought.[/align]

[align=center][/align]
[align=center]*****

[/align]
[align=center]Please try to mark next to a song if it has explicit words of content. Also bear in mind that if a tiny swear word escapes the explicit ratings people can't be held accountable for it, and also that sometimes lyrics included in songs are down to interpretation and what is not offensive to one person might not be offensive to another, so you cannot blame them if a song they have not attached a warning to offends you (unless its got obvious swear words or similar ideas...) Also, if you are searching a song and are worried about explicit words or content then try to choose a 'radio edit' where one is available.[/align]

[align=center]*edited per pinksalamander's request[/align]

[align=center]...

So to start things off, here is my first playlist:

Torn on the Platform - Jack Penate
Do You Remember the First Time? - Pulp
Omen - Prodigy
In For the Kill - La Roux
Common People - Pulp
Tiger Mountain Peasant Song - Fleet Foxes
Rock the Casbah - The Clash
Country House - Blur
I'm a Cuckoo - Belle and Sebastian
Breakfast In America - Supertramp

ENJOY! :coolness:[/align]

Hooray! Brilliant idea Fran and Autumn!

I have to agree that Spotify is just brilliant. There is the odd 10-second add, just like regular radio, but you can listen to pretty much any song you like just by searching for it, and you find loads of B-sides, live versions etc.

My playlist is.....

[align=center]Maximo Park- Books From Boxes
[/align][align=center]Snow Patrol- The Lightning Strike
Something Corporate- Down
Biffy Clyro- The Conversation Is...
Incubus- Drive
Arcade Fire- Black Wave/ Bad Vibrations
Death Cab For Cutie- I Will Possess Your Heart
Interpol- Slow Hands
Jack's Mannequin- Caves
Pink Floyd- Time

[align=left]WOW that was hard just keeping it to 10 songs!

Fran I know most of yours except for maybe Belle and Sebastian, Fleet Foxes and Supertramp.... I'll get on them!
[/align]

[/align]

[align=center]Rated-PG[/align]
[align=center]Paranoid-Jonas Brothers(not out yet, youtube it;))[/align]
[align=center]Crazier-Taylor Swift[/align]
[align=center]Love Story-Taylor Swift(what teen girl isn't listening to this obsessivly?)[/align]
[align=center]I'm Only Me When I'm With You-Taylor Swift[/align]
[align=center]Beautiful Soul-Jesse McCartney[/align]
[align=center]You Can-David Archuleta[/align]
[align=center]A Little Bit Longer-Jonas Brothers[/align]
[align=center]My Everything-Corbin Bleu[/align]
[align=center]You Belong With Me-Taylor Swift[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]All I Ever Wanted-Chuck Wicks[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]*please nobody take this the wrong way!!!!!! *[/align]
[align=left]but.......[/align]
[align=left]can we have like ratings on the playlists(or if you want to get really chosey, songs? or if there's, like, one really adult one, then mark it?)? (because most of you know) i'm 15 and totally conservative, so i think it'd be fun to listen to other peoples, but.....i don't really want to listen to stuff that's more....mature than what i normally listen to:D.[/align]
[align=left]like movie ratings? G(for like generic, no love songs, etc), PG(love songs, etc. would you let a 5 y/o listen to it kinda thing), PG-13(cussing, innuendos, etc) & R(don't even want to go there....:shock:).[/align]
[align=left]just wondering/hoping........:)[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]

LadyBug wrote:just wondering/hoping........:)
[align=left]but.......[/align]
[align=left]can we have like ratings on the playlists(or if you want to get really chosey, songs? or if there's, like, one really adult one, then mark it?)? (because most of you know) i'm 15 and totally conservative, so i think it'd be fun to listen to other peoples, but.....i don't really want to listen to stuff that's more....mature than what i normally listen to:D.[/align]
[align=left]like movie ratings? G(for like generic, no love songs, etc), PG(love songs, etc. would you let a 5 y/o listen to it kinda thing), PG-13(cussing, innuendos, etc) & R(don't even want to go there....:shock:).[/align]

Doesn't bother me if we do! I'll listen to pretty much everything. If there is anything in my playlist, it'll be a tiny swearword, but I don't think there is anything. I think this one is clean! :D

Edit: No idea what happened to the quotes, and I can't seem to fix it, sorry! :?

LadyBug wrote:
[align=left]just wondering/hoping........:)[/align]
[align=center] [/align]
[align=center] [/align]

I thought about that but forgot to add it. Good idea, I was going to put 'explicit' next to any of mine that were but I don't think there were any that were considered explicit. If its got loads of swearing then it would be a good idea to pop a warning next to it, but I think we should make sure that if a tiny swear word escapes the explicit ratings people can't be held accountable for it, and also that sometimes lyrics included in songs are down to interpretation and what is offensive to one person might not be offensive to another, so you cannot blame them if a song they have not attached a warning to offends you (unless its got obvious swear words or similar ideas...) I'll edit my first post.

Here's my playlist. Not sure of the rating but none of it's bad, I swear.

"Turn to Stone" by Ingrid Michaelson
"Hey Katie" by Josh Kelley
"Storm" by Lifehouse
"I Told You So" by Carrie Underwood
"Everything" by Michael Buble
"Swans" by Unkle Bob
"Fingers Rapping on My Door" by The Treats
"Mating Game" by Bittersweet
"Best Days of Your Life" by Kellie Pickler
"Broken Hearted Girl" by Beyonce

Random and rather eclectic, haha! Bit of everything in there. :D

Gonna give the three playlists ahead of mine a go and I shall report back. :D

Just youtubing all of these.. but youtube is going painfully slow, so might take awhile to report back! (I'm excited to listen to the songs listed above!)

My current top 10 favourites.. will note which ones that revolve around mature themes, other than that they are almost all clean lyrics. I would stil rate the general play list for mature audiences.. not all of it's easy listening.

Electric Feel - MGMT (may be considered mature theme, but nothing outrageous)
Brighter Than Sunshine - Aqualung
Saving Grace - Tom Petty
Jude Law and a Semester Abroad - Brand New (mature themes)
Jaws Theme Swimming - Brand New
Sic Transit Gloria..Glory Fades - Brand New (Quite mature themes)
Losing You - John Butler Trio
Life Ain't What it Seems- John Butler Trio (one swear word.. overall clean)
Better Than- John Butler Trio
Nirvana - Heart Shaped Box

Fran... "Common People" is awesome!! I love it, haha! I'm going through some Pulp stuff. I like them, and I never knew they existed, haha!

Jen, I knew I'd like it but I hadn't listened to "Lightening Strikes" before. Really great! I dug the long intro. Okay I in fact have this on repeat. LOVE IT SO HARD.

Anna, haha I knew most of those songs already, but I hadn't listened to "All I Ever Wanted" and gave it a try. ALSO another one I will have on repeat! So sweet and nice. :D It's also stuck in my head!

Spring, I had heard of "Heart Shaped Box" but I don't think I've ever listened, so I went for it, and I surprisingly enjoyed it. Also I really got a kick out of "Losing You".

Okay so this thread was an awesome idea because I just got several new favorites and I'm going to have to have a CD or two made!! I'll call them "RO Inspired" haha.

i'm listening to 30 second blips on amazon so i have time to hear all of them. that's what i'm basing my notes off of;).

pinksalamander wrote:
Torn on the Platform - Jack Penate not bad!
Do You Remember the First Time? - Pulp kinda scared me...i dunno, something about the guys voice, i think:D
Omen - Prodigy different.....not too bad though:p
In For the Kill - La Roux the title kinda scared me....but it's good!
Common People - Pulp weird......i just don't think this artist is for me, LOL!
Tiger Mountain Peasant Song - Fleet Foxes nice! restful......:)
Rock the Casbah - The Clash what's a 'Casbah'?
Country House - Blur eh...not too bad....i kinda like it:coolness:
I'm a Cuckoo - Belle and Sebastian interesting.......
Breakfast In America - Supertramp British song/artist, i'm guessing?

ENJOY! :coolness:
mouse_chalk wrote:
[align=center]Maximo Park- Books From Boxes i like the beat! haha, i could spend a whole night unpacking my family'sbooks:p
[/align]
[align=center]Snow Patrol- The Lightning Strike all i'm getting is instrumental(but i'm liking it:coolness::biggrin2:)
Something Corporate- Down i like it!
Biffy Clyro- The Conversation Is...really not feeling it....('are pills the only way...' ie drugs:??)
Incubus- Drive i like it! it's good!
Arcade Fire- Black Wave/ Bad Vibrations eh.....

[/align]
i'll do the rest some other time, i'm tired:p

LadyBug wrote:
Rock the Casbah - The Clash what's a 'Casbah'?

A Casbah is a type of city in arabic countries (like Iran) but in this song I think its supposed to be talking about Algiers in Algeria. The song is basically about how there was music banned there but they still 'rocked the Casbah'

'The Sharif (kinda like an informal policeman) don't like it, rock the Casbah, rocking the Casbah'

There is also a bit where he talks about how the King ordered jet fighters to bomb people listening to music, and he says 'Drop bombs between the minarets' Minarets being those long tower things you get on Islamic buildings

LadyBug wrote:
Omen - Prodigy different.....not too bad though

Yeah thats Prodigy for you! I wanted to put Smack by b**** up or Firestarter but I didn't think they would go down too well :(

Hmm most of these won't be recently released songs but these are the songs I've been listening to most on my iPod lately. :) ETA - Oops forgot about the rating thing.. uhh, I think most of these are fine, maybe mention of death in a few though.

[align=center] 30 Seconds to Mars - Edge of the Earth
Saosin - Voices
Forever the Sickest Kids - She's A Lady
Cute is What We Aim For - Doctor
My Chemical Romance - Thank You For the Venom
30 Seconds to Mars - The Fantasy
The All-American Rejects - It Ends Tonight
Blink-182 - I Miss You
AFI - Miss Murder
Paramore - Let the Flames Begin
[/align][align=center]
[/align]

mouse_chalk wrote:
Maximo Park- Books From Boxes - Loved it! Added it to my own general playlist for future listenings!
Snow Patrol- The Lightning Strike was OK but too long. It was nice as general background music but I wouldn't put it on my iPod to listen to.
Something Corporate- Down Liked it but it was a little bit 'blah'. Didn't really call out to me
Biffy Clyro- The Conversation Is... Liked it! Will remember it for future
Incubus- Drive Liked it as well.
Arcade Fire- Black Wave/ Bad Vibrations meh
Death Cab For Cutie- I Will Possess Your Heart Heard before and have never been that keen, so many people seem obsessed with it though![/i]
Interpol- Slow Hands Unmemorable
Jack's Mannequin- Caves nice easy listening

LadyBug wrote:
mouse_chalk wrote:
[align=center]Maximo Park- Books From Boxes i like the beat! haha, i could spend a whole night unpacking my family'sbooks:p
[/align]
[align=center]Snow Patrol- The Lightning Strike all i'm getting is instrumental(but i'm liking it:coolness::biggrin2:)
Something Corporate- Down i like it!
Biffy Clyro- The Conversation Is...really not feeling it....('are pills the only way...' ie drugs:??)
Incubus- Drive i like it! it's good!
Arcade Fire- Black Wave/ Bad Vibrations eh.....

[/align]
i'll do the rest some other time, i'm tired:p
The Snow Patrol song is instrumental in the beginning, so if you're only listening to the first 30 seconds, that's all you'll hear. It's a 3-part song, a bit long but sooooooo worth a full listen!

The Biffy Clyro song- I think the pills reference is more referring to anti-depressants, rather than illegal drugs of any kind. As in does he have to be taking those in order to enjoy life, etc. That's my interpretation anyway!

I guess Arcade Fire isn't everyone's cup of tea. I LOVE them though. Maybe try 'Keep The Car Running'- it's less 'dark' and sooo good....

I will have to get onto everyone else's lists in a bit when Steve goes back upstairs to work after a short dinner break!

pinksalamander wrote:
[align=center] So to start things off, here is my first playlist:

Torn on the Platform - Jack Penate Know this already, and love it!
Do You Remember the First Time? - Pulp Know this too, sort of like it, but never been a huge Pulp fan.
Omen - Prodigy Never been much of a Prodigy fan, so this isn't my thing either!
In For the Kill - La Roux ARGH! I hear this song everywhere I go! Her voice grates on me a bit but I don't hate it...
Common People - Pulp Same as the last Pulp song- seriously reminds me of the 90s!
Tiger Mountain Peasant Song - Fleet Foxes It's a bit slow for my usual tastes but it was quite nice and inoffensive...
Rock the Casbah - The Clash Of course I know this... Classic! Love it!
Country House - Blur Same with this one!
I'm a Cuckoo - Belle and Sebastian I've never really listened to much Belle and Sebastian but I like this!
Breakfast In America - Supertramp Never heard of these before.... not a big fan I'm afraid!

ENJOY! :coolness:[/align]

mouse_chalk wrote
Breakfast In America - Supertramp Never heard of these before.... not a big fan I'm afraid!
[/quote]

You've really never heard of Supertramp!? Search 'Give A Little Bit' or 'The Logical Song'. I'm sure you will have heard them!

LadyBug wrote:
[align=center]Paranoid-Jonas Brothers(not out yet, youtube it;)) Couldn't find this one!
[/align]
[align=center]Crazier-Taylor Swift It's alright, but I don't love it...
[/align]
[align=center]Love Story-Taylor Swift(what teen girl isn't listening to this obsessivly?) I know this one and quite like it actually but I wouldn't download it or anything normally
[/align]
[align=center]I'm Only Me When I'm With You-Taylor Swift Ahh, it's more 'up' than her other songs! It's alright again, but I don't think her music is really my cup of tea!
[/align] [align=center]Beautiful Soul-Jesse McCartney I didn't think I'd heard his songs until I heard this song.... it's ok, but not amazing...
[/align]
[align=center]You Can-David Archuleta I didn't like the lyrics of this song too much- they sort of seemed like they tried to fit too many words into one song, if that makes sense...
[/align]
[align=center]A Little Bit Longer-Jonas Brothers I didn't mind this actually, and I didn't think I liked the Jonas Brothers! It wasn't too bad...
[/align]
[align=center]My Everything-Corbin Bleu Didn't like this... just not my thing... sorry!
[/align]
[align=center]You Belong With Me-Taylor Swift I quite like this one! Surprised me! It's very poppy and easy to listen to
[/align][align=center]
[/align][align=center]All I Ever Wanted-Chuck Wicks Not a fan of this either, sorry!
[/align]

pinksalamander wrote: "mouse_chalk wrote Breakfast In America - Supertramp Never heard of these before.... not a big fan I'm afraid! " You've really never heard of Supertramp!? Search 'Give A Little Bit' or 'The Logical Song'. I'm sure you will have heard them!

Oh yeah! I've definitely heard both those songs.... I guess one of those bands that I've listened to but not known it was them!

Awesome thread! :D
I managed to listen to Fran's last night. Loved it, good dance music! :D Recognized Rock the Casbah (hadn't heard that song in forever!). Loved In for the Kill. I recognized Supertramp from a remake someone did over here.. but now that I've heard the original, that one is definitely better! Nice playlist! We don't get a lot of UK artists over here.. so it was nice to hear some new stuff!

Will have to start on the others when my mouse's laser comes back.. stupid thing, have to work from keyboard shortcuts to move about.. that's what I get for buying a cheap piece of crap! :p

LadyBug wrote:

Crazier-Taylor Swift I find her music a bit 'blah'
Love Story-Taylor Swift Like it but its just getting too overplayed now. I must have heard it a hundred times now.
I'm Only Me When I'm With You-Taylor Swift Was OK but still a bit 'blah'
Beautiful Soul-Jesse McCartney Heard it before and liked it but it was a bit cheesy. Sweet song though
You Can-David Archuleta Didn't really like it
A Little Bit Longer-Jonas Brothers I don't like the way they sing! I find it odd, I'm not sure why. And also they will never be Busted :X
My Everything-Corbin Bleu He's from HSM right? Not keen :(
You Belong With Me-Taylor Swift Again nice song but just a bit dull IMO
All I Ever Wanted-Chuck Wicks Is this what is considered 'country'? We don't any much country music here so it seemed a bit alien to me!

Latest posts

Back