RIP Montana Lump in abdomen (JadeIcing aka Alicia)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nibbled some but not much. She is drinking.

That picture of you holding her is sooo sweet.

Ty

Hugs Ali!!!! hoping that it is nothing.

JadeIcing wrote:
Her attitude is what some how makes her that much more special. She can be such a pain but than she does something so goofy that you laugh and forget why she made you mad.

She has a odd bond with me and I wouldn't give it up. I don't know how to describe it.
Its called the "I can tick you off" bond...she practices using it on a regular basis - only to hear you say, "I'm shipping you to Peg" as you dial my number.

She and I have worked together for her to perfect it - what she doesn't know is - I'm preparing her spot for the day she really does come here ..... (ok - so I can dream - right?).

I'd love to see her in Zeus' room for about 20 minutes.....maybe then he'd understand the concept of "sharing".

LOL Peg!

Ali, how are you guys doing today? When will you know more? (sorry if I missed it) :pray:

Today she seems a little more responsive. The vet who saw her Sunday will be there today. She will be calling today.

Oh and we saw her drink on her own a bit.

Told ya it would take about 18 hours to see her start to improve...

I'm really praying its just an abscess that is forming...

Oh my. I do hope your poor girl gets better. Glad she is responding a bit, drinking and nibbling at food. Keep us posted. Many well wishes headed your way.

Thanks she took some baby food Rob brought home. :)

I am stuck I just got the worse news. The estimate for the surgery montana needs is $700-800. I can't do that. I was thinking $300-$350 which would be putting us in bind. I'm sick to my  stomach.

JadeIcing wrote:
I am stuck I just got the worse news. The estimate for the surgery montana needs is $700-800. I can't do that. I was thinking $300-$350 which would be putting us in bind. I'm sick to my stomach.
What is wrong with her? Would you consiter a second opinon ?

They need to go in to look and possibly remove if possible. The price in in the worse case possibility. Like if it was long surgery, if she had to stay over night. I am going to talk to the vet who will actually perform the surgery and go from there.

Do they know if it is malignant ?

I am asking this because my rabbit Jacques had this several years go.
Can they give you a name for what it is or are they doing an exploratory surgery?

:pray::pray::pray:
"Hugs"

Maureen

What they were hoping to do was drain it again than go in see what is going on. Possibly remove it all depends on what they see when they go in. It could be a simple remove or it could be more in depth. I will talk with the vet doing the surgery tomorrow. Hopefully I can find out more.

I looked at IMOM but there site says...
Due to the current economic crisis and decline in donations, IMOM presently accepts applications for life threatening emergencies only. Life threatening emergencies are defined as follows:

A life threatening emergency exists when it has been confirmed in writing by a veterinarian that your pet will die or have to be humanely euthanized if care is not provided within ten days from the date of diagnosis.
I am going to call and find out about the results. Still haven't heard about those.

I hate saying it but right now things are not looking good.

Latest posts

Back