RIP Montana Lump in abdomen (JadeIcing aka Alicia)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
Yesterday Rob found something about the size of a marble on Montana's tummy....right about where a belly button would be. Ali and I talked about the fact that it might be an abscess and what could be done.

Tonight it is the size of a golf ball (I think I have that right) - and Montana is not eating her pellets or even paying attention to treats when they are offered.

She does not seem dehydrated and she is not listless - but because she is not even eating treats - they are taking Montana in to see the "emergency" vet - who is one of her favorite vets.

I'm sure Ali will update us as they hear more - but prayers and good thoughts would be appreciated - especially that not only is Montana ok and it is something simple - but that the vet bill isn't too high and she won't have to spend the night (since the other animals who have spent the night have passed away....).

For those who don't know - Montana is about a year old (a little older) flemish giant doe that is neutered.

Aspirated it twice blood both times. They are looking at some under a microscope.   

She is a nervous wreck. 

I will post more in the morning. It doesn't look to be your typical abcess. So they aspirated twice both times blood. Under the microscope there is some kind of infection. They sent it for a culture. As I said will post more tomorrow. I have been up since 3am.

It's now 8:20am and she has not eaten pellets since Friday night. She did munch on hay in that time. No poop since yesterday. Going to start a batch of critical care up. She won't even take a treat.

The bump did seem to go down when they used the needles. There is infection present under the microscope. The samples are being sent to a lab so we have to wait for results. She more than likely will go back friday sooner if we think needed.

I am scared out of my mind. With lump like this you do the math and think of what they said it could be.

Your in my thoughts call if you need anything.

I tend to look at every possible angle. We have as a family made some hard choices if it is the worse. I'm not sure how to explain this. It could be minor but it could be major.

Awe... poor little Hannah. I hope it is nothing major. She might be anaughty bunnerfor you, as you've said, but she does have a special place in my heart.

:pray:

myheart

Sending good vibes the lump can be treated, and Montana will regain her sparkle and ambition. To always do what's in her best interest, and give her plenty of TLC every single day.

Thoughts are with you and Rob,

Her attitude is what some how makes her that much more special. She can be such a pain but than she does something so goofy that you laugh and forget why she made you mad.

She has a odd bond with me and I wouldn't give it up. I don't know how to describe it.

At the vet with Rob...

35065_456763471616_764921616_5950369_1223468_n.jpg

This is how she spent most of the her time there.

34331_456763366616_764921616_5950367_105710_n.jpg

Oh my gosh, the pictures. Such a cuddle bun to snuggle up to your neck and face. Trusting you to take care of her. Both you and Rob have hearts of gold to care for your family so well. "baby girl Montana" :hearts

Oh Ali, I'm sorry to hear that Montana is sick :(. Has she eaten anything yet - at least if she is having some hay, that is something!

Those pictures are precious - she knows you are doing everything to help her.

Sending hugs and positive vibes!

Jan

Latest posts

Back