RAINBOW BRIDGE (2006 - CLOSED)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:bigtears:So sorry. Breaks my heart .My Pooky and babygirl will take good care of little Pucca andPez and all who meet them over the rainbow.:cry4:

:runningrabbit:

Shye

Me and babygirl . Was a long night

Special little Pooky. Merry x-mas to all our special buns who wont be here to share with us.:(

My sign in name is in honor of my rabbit Harecomes Trouble. He went to the rainbow bridge on November 10thabout 6:45 am. He turned out to be no trouble afterall. My husband and I adopted him from a co-worker who saidthat her children were not taking care of him. He was themost gentle rabbit, and would let you hold and pet him for as long asyou wish. He got along with all the rabbits (I have 3 otherdoes), but he was best of friends with Floppsy (mini lop). Hewas nine years old when he went to the rainbow bridge, in which he waspreceeded by his other best friend Amanda (a buck, a long story) threeyears ago. We (me, my husband, my neice and nephew, Floppsy,Fawn and Brownie) will all miss you deeply. Rest in peace mybaby.

More bad news from RexRabbit (Jane).Her brave little bun Major Tom passed away after a long struggle withsevere dental problems. He was a permanent foster from arescue, and she made his last months as happy as possible.

2d6qwqx.jpg

Binky free, Major Tom.

I'm so sorry to report thatapollos_last_stand24 (Hope) lost her dear sweetApollo. Here's what she just PM'd to me:

"thanks again for all the help support and prayers , had a vet make ahouse cal last night to check him out and he ended up puttinghim down with a bit of chlorine gas, he just went to sleep inmy arms there was nothing that could be done some how my other bun lunabroke his back he is quite smaller than her , as well as afew other things he couldnt be sure of till he ran blood workhe took samples and so on so now im justwaiting for the results so ican know what ealse the problem was other than his back, itkills me i rescued him from an untimely death as snake food and now iloose him , easy come easy go right ? well just wahted to saythanks again for the warm welcome and thought and prayers and advicehad from all
Hope"

So, here's to dear, sweet Apollo...

Binky happy and free, little angel, over the Rainbow Bridge to joinyour bunny friends waiting there to play with you. We'rehappy you had a wonderful, though brief, bit of time in a loving homewith someone who cares so much about you and loves you somuch.

RIP sweet Apollo
moz-screenshot.jpg
2jd3jw5.jpg

[size=+3]Fragile Circle[/size]
[size=+2]"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even moretemporary than our own, live within a fragile circle, easily and oftenbreached.
Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way.
We cherish memory as the only certain immortality,
never fully understanding the necessary plan." [/size]

[size=+2]Irving Townsend. [/size]

may your broken hearts heal soon.

Shye, Nuggles, Nibbles

I've been through the same scenario many timesbut this time when I went in, I found that I had reached a new level ofgrief. Pain that I have not been able to face at all untiltoday.
Last week I had to put down little Roxy, my Xmas angel.

Lisa2.jpg

She came to us before Xmas last year, neglected, unwanted andbroken. Her body was broken but not her spirit. Shewas 6 years old when she came to me and had a severely broken back legthat was never treated and left her badly crippled.
I've seen 100's of rabbits but *none* compared toRoxy. I've never been so touched by such a tiny littlespirit....her determination, strength and loving personality was mindboggling.

000_0111.jpg

000_0109.jpg

She never once went being touched without giving a small lick inreturn. She loved to just live and despite all she's beenthrough she was always such a positive little spirit.

Slowly her body began to betray her and she was growingtired. I stuggled with wondering if it was hertime. Her upper body became weaker and could no longercompensate for the loss of her back legs. For the last few weeks I tookher with me as sometimes she would get turned over and be unable toright herself. Getting to her food was a struggle despite herwanting to eat. She spent the nights on my bed and went whereever I went. As hard as it was, I just knew.

The night before I went to the pet food store and bought out all thecat grass...it was her favorite. She ate 5 packs of it andenjoyed all of her favorite treats. Before we got to the veton her day to go, we stopped and had her picture taken withSanta.

At the vets, she gave me kisses right up to the end. Herpassing was very quick and she left this world knowing I loved her morethan anything in the whole world. As many times as I havebeen through this, her passing was different. I was amazed athow her eyes changed color - they went from a vibrant red, full of lifeto almost being grey. The saddest part and the part thattears me up inside was to looking down on the table to see this tiny,tiny little body, so deformed and crumpled, once so full of life anddetermination now quiet & still. I knew she wasgone. It was such a stark contrast to when she wasalive. It was her spirit that made her who she was and now itis gone. The pain from inside was unbearable and I cried likeI had never cried before....the pain was unbearable. I am so sorry myfriend.
Roxy...my tiny angel - I will NEVER, ever forget you.

100_0261-1.jpg

100_0277-1.jpg

:bigtears:What a sweet little angel. I'mso sorry for your loss. Your story is very touching and you area great bunny parent.

Binky free, Roxy. Have fun with all the other buns at Rainbow Bridge. :rainbow:
I'm sure she's able to run, hop with out pain or her bad leg. And she's eating all the cat grass she can get her paws on.

You can tell from the photos at the bottom, she was full of great spirit.

That is a very touching tribute to Roxy. I'm so sorry for your loss.

:bigtears:

Have you seen this:

The Last Battle

If it should be that I grow frail and weak,
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
then you must do what must be done
For this, the last battle, can't be won.

You will be sad, I understand,
Don't let the grief then stay your hand,
For this day more than all the rest
Your love and friendship stand the test.

We've had so many happy years,
What is to come can hold no fears.
You'd not want me to suffer so;
When the time comes, please let me go.

Take me where my needs they'll tend
And stay with me, if you can, to the end.
Hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time, you will see,
It is a kindness you do for me.
Although my tail its last was waved,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Don't grieve that it should be you,
Who must decide this thing to do,
We've been so close, we two, these years;
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

Smile, for we walked together for a little while.

- Author Unknown

:bawl::cry4::bigtears::hug2::runningrabbit::sad:

breakes my heart, I feel for you

Shye

Oh my gosh,that is so sad about Roxy,i have to keep wiping the tears away from my eyes :(,how can people treat animals that way!

What a special little girl she was and so brave

You letRoxy know what it felt like to be loved,and i'm sureshe was very grateful for what you did for her :)

Binky free Roxy,and may you bound around those nice green pastures happy and healthy

cheryl

:(I just cant seem to get this specialbaby out of my mind. I just love her precious little face. I am just sosorry fo you. :bunnyangel:

Shye, Nuggles, Nibbles

and all my special foster kids

:bunnybutt:

Asfriends and roommates know,I’ve been obsessing since the summerabout finding BunnyGeorge – a homeless man in my neighbourhood with a little Pipplook-a-like named ‘Wayne’ riding on top of his shopping cart.The bunny was his whole world. It struck a chord.

I met George in front of a pet store this past summer, sitting on thewindow ledge with Wayne in his arms, licking his fingers.George was dressed in a cowboy hat with the cuffs on his pants at leastfour inches above his ankles. Wayne, he said, was four yearsold. He'd had him since he was a baby. The bunnyhad obviously just had surgery, his shoulder area was shaved, Georgeconfirmed that he had been very ill and had been to the vet.He told me that he himself was also a vet, but then couldn’t rememberthe name of the ailment that Wayne had. (He also said he wasa Texas millionaire, had 800 bunnies, and he had to go catch a plane toBuenos Aires but he’d be back tomorrow. George obviously hadmental issues).

At first, George didn’t really want me to pay much attention to Wayne,he later told me that people had tried to take Wayne or hurt him(although I got the impression it was unrelated to hissurgery). He made reference to some out-there conspiracytheory. I dismissed it at the time, but now Iwonderif he was being harassed bypetactivists as wellasteased (or worse) by thugs and neighbourhoodkids. He warmed up to me and became more communicative as wetalked about our bunnies. When I left, I told him I hopedtorun into him again.

I couldn’t stop thinking about George and Wayne. I think itwas because of how much George loved his littlebunny. I really feared for him. I started casuallyasking about him at the pet store, each time relieved to hear his bunnywas in with him and both were okay.

Then I started actively looking for him, at least once or twice aweek. I wanted to give him a big bag of hay and pellets if heneeded some (the pet store let him run a tab, but they said he wouldn’taccept anything they said was free), and make sure he was still beingtaken care of by a vet. I never did find out what vet he wasseeing or how he paid the tab.

I left my phone number with the pet store, and left messages -- andactually got one in return, saying (amid a bunch of weird stuff), thathe’d like it if I could bunny sit, or drive him to the vet if he neededto go there. The pet store lost the note, although they saidhe didn’t leave a number, anyway – not too surprising. Asgood as the pet store was to him, none of the clerks ever thought todial the number and hand him the phone, or call me themselves to tellme he was in (I was two blocks away). I always missedhim.They never remembered to ask who his vet was, either. (Imay be broke but my credit's good).

I bonded with a number of the other street people in my search, I’dcheck in with them to ask, and they’d pass on messages, too -- butthese people don’t have cell phones.

The street people weren't judgmental, but othersoften shooktheir heads about a bunny “living like that.” But I told themI couldn’t disagree more. I can’t imagine a better home forWayne – even though he really didn’t have a home atall.

When we had a snowstorm two weeks ago, I found myself again on thestreets walking around looking desperately for BunnyGeorge.

I still blame myself for not trying harder – getting up earlier, staying out later, going out more often.

When I hit the pet store today, as always, I asked aboutGeorge. The clerks faces fell, and I knew. Waynehad died. George had been in a week ago with the news, stillin tears. He told them it was ‘lung cancer’, but who knows.

I said, ‘Oh, too bad!’ I paid for my pet food, and went home. And completely fell apart.

:rip: So RIP little Wayne. And George...I don't have the words to describe how much I feel your pain.I'm so very very sorry.

sas:bigtears:

Latest posts

Back