Two (spay and neutered) Rabbits, approx. 3 years old and in good health. Salem, Oregon

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This isn't helpful right now, but I may be able to take them in about a year. I live in a house where I cannot have pets right now. However, I have been looking to get a rabbit when I move in another year or so. I am currently in Vancouver, WA and will be moving to Spokane, WA next year. I am more familiar with other breeds of bunnies, but am really hoping to have free range bunnies (except when I am away from home).
Hi Danielle,
I will continue to take excellent care of Gracie and George until they find a better home. It sounds like you know a lot about rabbits and are thinking very carefully about adoption. You are the type of person that I would surrender them to. You are welcome to visit them anytime you are in the Salem area! Please keep in touch! Thank you for reaching out! It means a lot!
Be well,
Lisa

Hi Danielle,
I will continue to take excellent care of Gracie and George until they find a better home. It sounds like you know a lot about rabbits and are thinking very carefully about adoption. You are the type of person that I would surrender them to. You are welcome to visit them anytime you are in the Salem area! Please keep in touch! Thank you for reaching out! It means a lot!
Be well,
Lisa
Here is my Bigwig’s farewell post. He was a sweetie and I miss him very much.
Thread 'Bigwig Bun'
https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threads/bigwig-bun.106561/

This isn't helpful right now, but I may be able to take them in about a year. I live in a house where I cannot have pets right now. However, I have been looking to get a rabbit when I move in another year or so. I am currently in Vancouver, WA and will be moving to Spokane, WA next year. I am more familiar with other breeds of bunnies, but am really hoping to have free range bunnies (except when I am away from home).
Please keep in touch! I hope the move goes well. I will even include their enclose. You may visit anytime you are able! Thank you from George and Gracie!

Thank you for your kindness. It is important to me that Gracie and George are safe, healthy and happy. I tried to Jon the PNW Rabbit group on Facebook but there was some kind of a glitch and I could not get the answers to the screening questions to post and so they rejected my request to join. I am out of ideas
I read something on here where a owner had developed allergies to her rabbits and had to remove them.

Someone suggesting using different hay. The woman did and found out she had developed allergies to the Timothy Hay.

She ended up being able to keep her rabbits.

I read something on here where a owner had developed allergies to her rabbits and had to remove them.

Someone suggesting using different hay. The woman did and found out she had developed allergies to the Timothy Hay.

She ended up being able to keep her rabbits.
I have also seen that with some people I follow on Youtube and such. I have also seen if the hay is stored in a sealed container in another area - one girl has a finished shed but a garage or otherwise finished space might work - helped cut down the allergen inside. A high capacity air purifier could also help.

They're so used to you, LIsa! With their shyness, they would have a hard time being rehomed. <3

I have also seen that with some people I follow on Youtube and such. I have also seen if the hay is stored in a sealed container in another area - one girl has a finished shed but a garage or otherwise finished space might work - helped cut down the allergen inside. A high capacity air purifier could also help.

They're so used to you, LIsa! With their shyness, they would have a hard time being rehomed. <3
I have four rabbits and we switched to Orchard Grass. Gracie and George are bonded and they need each other. The human being connection is not their primary bond although they are very sweet and they do interact with people. Their original family had 5 children and so, they are shy but they are socialized to humans. My sinus issues are severe and I will get a biopsy soon but I not going to have the sinusitis surgery or correction of the deviated septum until I can find a home for Gracie and George. The room will be much easier to clean if I have only two rabbits. Maude and Hazel are dependent on me and they are not suitable for adoption because they were never socialized to other people. Hazel and Maude were left in a tiny hutch and neglected before we adopted them. So, only Gracie and George will be rehomed. With two rabbits, I can move the large 12 by 3 by 4 enclosures to clean the room more thoroughly. The dust and fur are as much of a problem as they hay. I am allergic to dust mites. The room cannot be cleaned throughly because I cannot move the 4 enclosures. 2 enclosures will be easier to clean and move, when needed. This is the main reason that Gracie and George need a new home.

Please, at this pint, everyone has made the same suggestions and I have exhausted my options. Please, kindly, only respond if you can provide a loving home for Gracie and George. I have done everything that I can and my health is suffering. I will do my very best to continue to provide them everything that they need to remain in outstanding health, but unless you can help to find a home, please do not respond to this thread. It feels horrible to have to be in this situation and it’s also very frustrating to get a note and feel hopeful to open the note and only discover that it’s another repeat of something somebody has already told me. I am absolutely doing everything that I can to care for these rabbits and only if you can help by providing a loving home for them, please respond.

Latest posts

Back