Rabbit paralyzed hind legs and bleeding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update: she’s on medication (meloxicam and sucralfate) but she’s having trouble pooping. She hasn’t been pooping at all and she only did it when I accidentally stimulated her anus while trying to wipe her butt and I realized some feces wanted to come out but they seemed stuck so I helped her and pulled them out with a baby wipe as you can see on the image below. Her feces are covered in mucus and they’re small and deformed… I’m worried she might have a blockage because her stomach feels too big, I already massaged her but I’m scared and I can’t ask the vet until the morning. Does anyone know how can I help her poop? Or if there’s a way to stimulate her digestive tract so she can get the poop out? I’m sure her poor intestines are filled with feces that can’t come out and idk how to help her rn. Fortunately she’s drinking and eating well but I’m still worried and when I massaged her she didn’t seem to be in pain since she let me touch her just fine.

Thank you.

Attachments

• B354906B-C993-43FC-9ED6-8BE2E7EBA36E.jpeg
    B354906B-C993-43FC-9ED6-8BE2E7EBA36E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I hope your vet was able to help you today. A gut stimulant medication from the vet, would be the most helpful in this situation. Hopefully they prescribed that.

Latest posts

Back