pregnant??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimmeh_121

Reaction score
well iv been on here complaining about ivos temper..well i think I THINK i know why...i picked her up today and her stomach was kinda big! shes kinda skinny so its a bit unusual forher...her nibbles well there massive!! and shes also edgy...

i mean im no expert but i think the case is she preggers i hope not!
i think its time to take a good trip to the vets again!

are these the symptoms of pregnancy tho??

i would really appreciate help thnx
kim x

well i had my sister feel her belly and she seems to think that she is...she isnt an expert but weve had alot of animals that have been pregnant and shes always been right omg this is so scary its not that im not happy for her its just i really dont know if she is or she isnt i wouldnt know what 2 do if she was like care wise im still a dumb 17 year old girl lol the only thing she hasnt done yet is rip furr or w.e off her self if that sounds correct...shes laying down alot...but shes still quite active when out the cage thisis so worrying for me,haha its like saying im not ready for a babey yet lol thats what it kinda is like lol oh well.

its confusing as well coz she lives in the cage with hunny,,,apparentlly shes a female..and shes about hm 8 months old now..benji on the otherhand hes 2 months and as soon as he saw ivo he kept humping her:shock:...

so i dont know if its benji..or hunny...hunny has been humping her too:shock:gawwwd lol..i got a load of buns who like humping loads sorri if that sounds rude lol but thats how it is in this house...but i mean ever since i noticed benji constantly humping i let them out seperatly now...anyways i hope someone could help i cant get any imformation on the stoopid internet i would be greatful thnx x

Hi there!

I was just wondering if you have checked what sex Hunny is lately? i would double check just to make sure that she's still a girl lol

Just flip her over and have a look or get someone to hold her while you look if that is easier,ifshe is indeed a boy you wouldn't be able to miss his little gems, at 8 months old his little pink sacsshould stand out.

Another thing, girl bunnies do hump other girl bunnies

my Sunshine and Daisy love each other to bits and they're both girls,but they will hump each other occassionally.

all the best!

cheryl

Hey Kim,

I've moved this into the Rabbitry for you, you'll get more answers here.

I would check the sex of all rabbits she's been in contact with, and if one or more is a male then I would pretty much garuntee she's pregnant.

If she's into her third or fourth week you can feel the babies moving around. They should be in her lower stomach, near her backlegs. The sit in a U shape, starting above the genitals and making their way up both sides. If she's lying on her side,and you watch very carefully, you should be able to see movement.

You can try palpatating, but that is hard and needs practice.And if her belly is getting big, then she's probably in her third or fourth week.

Taking her to a vet would be the best way to find out. You could probably take all the bunnies in and get them all sexed properly.

Good luck!

--Dawn

yeah i think i will do...but can a 2 month old male get her pregnant?? i just find it really wierd how shes constant laying about now and her belly feels kinda big...if anythink shed babout 2/3weeks

Was she with him two weeks ago?He maybe a bit older than two months.And it has been known for some males to become sexually potent at 3 months.

Best bet would be to bring all the rabbits she's had contact with in to the vets, and get them all sexed, just to make sure ones not a boy pretending to be a girl.

--Dawn

well i just done what dawn said..when shes laying on her side to watch it for movements iv just done that and she was breathing quite heavily coz i was standing there and the breathingis going up and down but at the same time i sometimes saw these little waves like something is actually moving im going to get to deep into yet tho but i did see movements...i dnt know if rabbits breath up and down and have waves in there stomach at the same time i know for certain hunny doesnt..but the thing is ivo hasnt made a nest or anything

Have you checked for ummm....things......on a rabbit and a girl rabbit wouldn't have? It is really important to remove Hunny if she is a he. KimboUNCW can tell ya that one!

How many rabbits do you have? You need to have them ALL separated until you know who's what, otherwise you will have more litters. If you have several other rabbits, you may already have more pregnant bunnies. A vet trip for all involved would be a good idea.

I agree! Seperate them all, and take them all to the vets to get sexed if you take your preggo bun in.

What you described to me sounds like a pregnant (or very gassy)bunny.If you watch even closer you should be able to starts eeing individual babies move. You should see movement in about the same spots each time.

Get a nest box ready, something the mom can jump in and out of easily and is big enough to sit in, but not big enough to want to stay all the time. If you measure your girl, and add on an inch or two in length and width, that would be a good size.

I would wait another week, and then give her a box, and lots of hay. If you see her pulling fur or carrying hay in her mouth before then, give her the box earlier.

If she will let you, you can try to put your hands firmly but gently on her lower sides and under belly and feel the babies moving.

But I would still highly reccommend taking her into the vets, and they should be able to tell you approximatly how far along she is.

--Dawn

well i tried to do the math and around about the time when she prob got pregnant was about the 7th and im deffinatly going to take them ALL to the vet asap also i dont think ivo will at all let me near her stomach shes very edgy but thank you for all the replies it has been helpfull...but there is something that hasntt been answered sorry to bother you all but say hunny wasa girl and ivo popped out some babeys..do i have to seperate hunny and ivo??i took hunny downstairs the other day and she wouldnt have it she wanted toget back to ivo...so i think its going to be difficult doing that...

thank you for your replies ill chek her again in the morning just in case it was just a bloated belly:)

kim

Are you 100% sure Hunny is a girl?

I would reccommend seperating them, but allowing them to be in cages right next to each other, or in and NIC condo with a seperator.

It is possible for females to live together while one has babies, but other times they will fight or the babies will get hurt. I wouldn't take the chance, I would keep them seperate, but if possible still able to see and groom each other through the seperator.

--Dawn

well i think i am pritty sure she is a female she had a prevouse owner for 6 months and she said she was a female and i also took her to vet couple days after i got her and i told the vets he was a female and accidently put the themometor in the wrong thingy..........................do not want to go into detail lol so if she wasnt i think she would of told me if she was a he....im going to call the vet this morning and make an appointment for all the little critters!! thank you for replies

Kim

well i cheked her belly again this morning andits the same as last night,i chekd near the thigh just below her ribcage...i felt this little bump and i see more movement when shes on her side..it just baffles me a bit..coz hunny is a female and the only maleis benji,but he looks soo young i know he could be 3months but he looks younger,also vet is full all week:shock::shock::shock:

so i guess ill wait and see what happends for a week and if she got bigger ill some how seperate hunny and ivo.

18012007001.jpg

this is how she is probably most of the day apart from when she sits up and cleans her self...

kimmeh_121 wrote:
well i had my sister feel her belly and she seems to think that she is...she isnt an expert but wev had alot of animals that have been pregnant and shes always been right omg this is so scary its notthat im not happy for her its just i really dont know if she is or she isnt i wouldnt know what 2 do if she was like care wise im still a dumb17 year old girl lol the only thing she hasnt done yet is rip furr orw.e off her self if that sounds correct...shes laying down alot...but shes still quite active when out the cage this is so worrying for me,haha its like saying im not ready for a babey yet lol thats what it kinda is like lol oh well.

its confusing aswell coz she lives in the cage with hunny,,,apparentlly shes a female..and shes about hm 8 months old now..benji on the other hand hes 2 months and as soon as he saw ivo he kept humping her:shock:...

so i dont know if its benji..or hunny...hunny has been humping her too:shock:gawwwd lol..i got a load of buns who like humping loads sorri if that sounds rude lol but thats how it is in this house...but i mean ever since i noticed benji constantly humping i let them out seperatly now...anyways i hope someone could help i cant get any imformation on the stoopid internet i would be greatful thnxx
Hi there,
I was a little surprised and shocked when i read your post! Did you plan to breed? cause if not dont you think it was a bit silly letting Benji hump her!! she's obviously going to get pregnant!
And now you'll have all these baby bunnies needing new homes (if your keeping them, and to be honest yournot old enough or mature enoughto be looking after so many buns!) What happens if you cant rehome them?
Common sense should be telling you to separate them all until you can have them fixed - i presume you have the money to have them neueterd!!??

well fair enough on that..but not being funny i might only be 17 but that doesnt mean im not mature enough...plus i have family here who have grown up with rabbits...and babey buns and sold them on just fine..i am not being rude i know it was a bit stupid of me to let benji do that he did escape from his cage at the time while ivo was out i did immeditaly seperated them.

and no i dont really have the money the buns are in seprate cages..the girls share a cage and benji is in his own cage i WILL be getting benji neuterd as it is cheaper to get a male done that it is a female....

i came here to get advice from other people just to be sure

my mum knows a breeder who will take on the little buns so im not really worried about rehoming them as i do have that back up plan..icant sell them to anyone else...sorry if this sounded rude it wasnt meant 2

kim x

And i didnt mean to come accross as being rude either.

It was just a very irresponsible thing to do, and you dont seem to worried about it. There are so many buns in rescues at the moment, and problems like this dont help. It doesnt matter how old Benji is, he is still able to 'produce' babies. I'm very surprised you didnt know this.

Please dont let them near eachother again. You need to think about getting your girls spayed, and the Benji neutered when he is old enough, and then you can think about re-introducing them again.

You do know the importance of spaying female buns? if they arent spayed then they risk the chance of getting ovarian cancer. Quite a high % offemale buns die due to this.

Back