Poll: What type of litter do you use?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I use carefresh as like a bedding inKaronas iglue but for litter in her box I use either yesterdays news(ps it is way haeper if you walk over to the cat section and get itthere, same stuff bigger bag cheaper price) and in the tray I usenewspaper and a ligit dusting of pine shavings to keep the smell nice!

Michaela wrote:
hunnybunny63 wrote:
i usesaw dust but i have them outside so there is no issue with smell. ijsut change them about once a week expecially as they aren't very goodat using them yet!
Just checking, you don't mean actual dusty sawdust do you? You meanwood shavings? I know in the UK we call wood shavings sawdust a lot,but in case members from other countries aren't aware of this and useactual sawdust (ie the dust that's left over when you saw wood;))

WARNING,
ACTUAL SAWDUST IS NOT GOOD!!!!!
yer i dotn mean the dusty stuff i mean the flakes! lol its soconfusing when diff countires call the same things different names!

A question about the infamous Woody Pet...so mylocal feed store carries the woody pet for horse stalls but not the"all-purpose woody pet" that is marketed specifically towards smallanimals. However, I checked their site and it appears to bethe same. Maybe different sized pellets though? I dunno, I was justwondering which Woody Pet you guys used.

wow wrote:
However, I checked their site and it appears to bethe same. Maybe different sized pellets though? I dunno, I was justwondering which Woody Pet you guys used.
Woody Pet is the company name. Their wood pelletsis the same product for all, justpackaged in different sizes and labeledfor different animals.

Just get the horse bedding in their largest size, the 30 lb. bag.

Rainbows! :)

I was using something called Pine Stall whichare horse stall pellets. I'd water them down and they'd turninto sawdust, the bunnies quite liked them. However, the pinesmell was pretty strong, which means they're not all that healthy (eventhough I only use them in the litter boxes in well ventilated areas formy free-run buns), so I switched to a kiln-treated wood stovepellet.

They don't break down as well, though, so the bunnies don't like them as much.

They are for the most part dealing with it, but I may have to switchPipp back toother brand, she seems to prefer the floor.:shock:

sas

Pipp wrote:
However, the pine smell was pretty strong,
I had that experience too. The pellets was toofresh, so I just put it away, and eventuallyit aired out, and was fineafter that.
You shouldn't give Pebbles ideas about using thefloor. But I think it's toolate now. :sweep....

Rainbows! :)

i used care fresh and shredded paper for a shorttime. i then found woody pet and it is the best litter i ever used. ialso use kaytee wood pellets.

hi. i just got my rabbits and the pet store gave me pine shavings. =0( is timber shavings the same as pine?

I started out using Feline Pine from PetsMart, got tired of the high price, then switched to their store brand (Exquisicat). Found out about buying the same product for less at the Tractor Supply, so I started getting Cozy 'n' Fresh (made by the same people who make Equine Fresh) for a much lower price there.

Decided I didn't like that TSC sells animals (including bunnies) during some times of the year, so I switched back to the regular Feline Pine. I now buy it from Target, it's less expensive than the generic stuff PetsMart sells. Only about $1.50/bag more than the Cozy 'n' Fresh at the feed store. (I think it's $8.34 or so, normal price, and there are sometimes $1-off coupons on the bags, so I'll get 2 or 3 bags whenever I see that.)

How dense is woody pet? I wonder because if I use something like care fresh or yesterday's news Pancake just digs it for fun and they end up peeing on the bottom of their litter box. Of course then I have to clean their feet. What I do now is put some yesterday's news on the bottom and then cover it with hay so they don't dig it. I'll have to try and find this woody pet stuff, or something like it, since it's so much cheaper than yesterday's news.

I use Aspen wood chips because I heard it's the safest. I put it on one side of their cages. On the other side, I put Carefresh. THey used to go just on that side, but I've noticed lately that they'll go on the chips too. As far as their bedding, since they are free range, they lay wherever they choose....

Latest posts

Back