POLL: How Did You Get Your Bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mixed:

Bunny Foo(Hotot mix) -which we lost the Sunday after Thanksgiving 2006.Foot surgery didnt save her. Rest in peace my Bunny Foo. She was 7yrsold and my first bunny. She came from a petstore along with Humperdink(English Broken Coat)-He too has crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

Cassy and Apricot (son)American Mix: I fostered Cassy and kept her andthe only surviving boy from her first litter and a second one, B.E.-alittle girl from her surprise second litter> B.E. haspassed over the bridge but the other two are still here.

Razzy (Black Mini-Rex) was turned into a shelter by a breeder because he had an injury to his chin and could no longer be shown.

Fruckus ( Mini-holland lop)- she was found running around a park inPittsburgh and taken to the humane society ( i foster bunnies forthem). She was such a handfull but i fell in love with her and she ishere to stay.

All my bunnies are spayed/neuterd and are in pairs in big MarchioroT120 cages. I use two cages(back to back) per pair . Lots of room and Iput them in the kitchen when i can to run around and play. LOL

I also have 4 degus, skunk gecko, leopard gecko, 11 guinea pigs, 7 fishtanks, 3 dogs and 1 husband. I use to have more animals butsome have passed over the bridge and others have found good homes.

Spike came to me via an animal control officer.His "owner" could no longer keep him so put him out to thecurb(literallly) with his bonded mate. When I got them they were in acage that was tiny and disgusting and they were covered in bites andcuts. Unfortunately we lost Spike's mate about a month ago,he was about 9 years old. We think Spike is around 5.

Tippy came from a shelter, I was asked to take pictures of the rabbitsat this high kill shelter. They brought him out and asked me what waswrong with his face as it was crooked. His teeth were so long they weregrowing through the roof of his mouth. When I picked him up he startednuzzling my neck and I had to take him home. Now that he can use hismouth he prefers licks to nuzzles lol.

I got Kahlua from a teenaged girl that breedsthem for 4H and FFA. She was cutting down on the number ofrabbits she had at home. I asked the local feedstore if heknew anyone selling pet rabbits and he gave me her number. Ibought Kahlua for $5. She came with her pedigree andtatoo.

For my next rabbit I really want to get a shelter bunny.

As most of youknow, I got Pebbles from a Vet,who was suppose toput an abandoned pregnantPebbles down.:( The Vet,saved Pebbles lifebyperforming aC-section to take outa dead oversized kit,and held her until asuitable person wasfound to provide hera forever home.I was the lucky person.

36461.jpg

My next bunny wouldbe from a breeder, whowould no longer needan olderrabbit for their breedingprogram.

Rainbows! :)

Pernod and Perry were shelter bunnies. We chosePerry first, because he had been there the longest, and when we askedif there was a bunny that he was friendly with, they told us that whenthey were let out for cage cleaning, he and Pernod never had anyaggression between them. So they both came home, and they bonded thatsame night. I would definately go for a shelter bunny again :)

ps - There are some wonderful sad but sweetstories here. :nicethread

Jan

Toby (mini rex) someone was giving him away at abun show, she rescued him from the vet where Yoby was dumped, seems hehas an abscess problem, I brought him home on my birthday.

Phantom (dutch) pet store

Pat (?)- someone from work whose daughter was going to school

Cleo (french lop)- breeder

Jack (flemish x)& Tiny Tim (English spot x)- high kill shelter

newmom wrote:
Hello Pipp,

Could you tell me what kind of bunny that is in your pic. We are verynew to the bunny world, but have been doing a lot of reading. Thepicture you have is the same as our new found/ rescued bunny.

TYNewmom
Just noticed no one answered this! Sas (Pipp) must have missed this(and shes signed off for a while getting some work done). Im prettysure Pipp is a netherland dwarf.

Hope this helps!

Haley

An update on mine:

Lupin and Willow came from the pet store, and are my first pet store-bought bunnies ever!

Juniper was rescued from a bad situation on my parents' compound.

I recently found out that there is an English lady in Bahrain breedingHolland Lops, which she wants to give away... so maybe I'll get one ofthem, too! (Though at the minute I'm steering well clear... must notget more bunnies, must not get more bunnies...)

Must get more!

Latest posts

Back