Please help me

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newtothis

Reaction score
So I have a problem. My rabbit ran out of hay and pellets and I won't be able to buy any more until Friday, I dont know what to do I feel like I'm starving him. please help me

Feed lots of grass and fruit and veg :) he should be fine until Friday look up so good diets you can give him :)
Good luck

He'll be fine without pellets, but you need to feed him something or he could very well end up sick and develop gut stasis and a blockage. It's not good to even let a rabbit go more than 12 hours without eating, let alone more than 24 hours without food.

If you have long course fresh grass, that can substitute. Early growth fresh grass may be ok, but there is more of a chance of it upsetting his digestion if he isn't used to it. You will have to cut a lot of the grass If he is used to veggies or forage, then you can also feed those.

He needs to have food, and enough of it to keep his digestion moving normally.

Any chance you can order some online that can get express posted or have a friend pick some up for you? Offering fresh grass is a fine substitute, however a sudden change in diet like that can upset their stomach.

Is there a farm nearby you can get some hay from? I buy a bale for $5 and it's better quality than any pet store offers and lasts a very long time. Lasts my rabbit a year! Otherwise, outside you can cut some long prairie grasses, clover and dandelion greens to feed bunny, make sure he never runs out of something in his stomach

Latest posts

Back