Peeing as a sign of agression, displeasure, assertiveness???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deaners

Reaction score
Our 7 month old Holland Lop buck, George, has been peeing all over the house lately. When I'm gone and he's in his cage all day he's great at using his litter box, but once he's out (litterly steps from his cage) he pees on the rug.

He's also taken to peeing on or near me. It's like he's doing it to show his displeasure with me. It's happened three time lately in the last week. Twice he was sitting on my lap and just this morning I brought him into the bathroom while I was getting ready for work. I kneeled down to pet him and he peed all over the floor.

So, I've never had a buck before. Is this a male thing? A personality thing? Does he hate me? Will it change once he's nuetered? (surgery is tomorrow)

Help!!!!

Sounds like he is marking what he perceives as his territory. I don't have personal exp. With this but from what I've heard from others, once his hormones come down (4/5weeks, I think) after the surgery... It should improve! Somebody more experienced correct me if I'm wrong!

Absolutely, Benjamin and other bucks we have had in the past used to spray on me. Run around my ankles honking and then spray. Be glad that he is just peeing on the floor, alot easier to clean up. lol Sound settle down once he is neutered, right now he is just marking his territory, especially after being caged for the day.

Ok. I thought that might be what it was. It is funny though, he doesn't do other territory things like our Mini-Lop did. George rarely chins or circles.
I'm learning everyday how different each individual bunny really is.
And I thought I was an old pro at this. LOL!:bunny17:

So I had George out in the living room for a few hours last night. He was so good. Didn't pee on the floor at all. We did bring a litter box into the living room and praised him whenever he hopped in it.
He did pee on his usual spot beside Pearl's cage this morning when I let him out of his cage though. I really hope the nueter will fix this. He's at the vets now. Surgery is this afternoon.

We picked George up from the vet this evening. Poor little guy is tired and sore. He ate a few nibbles of veggies and hay. Then I gave him the pain meds they sent home and he's resting in his cage. I held his carrier on my lap while DH drove home. I pet george all the way home and he licked my fingers a bunch.

He's nibbling on some hay as I type. Poor boy hates the collar he got at the vet. It looks quite funny. I'll have to take a pic and post it.

419607_415756361773009_100000159468926_1922988_757026094_n.jpg

428230_415756268439685_100000159468926_1922987_198332869_n.jpg

420975_415756115106367_100000159468926_1922985_1875596164_n.jpg

Poor George. He's such and escape artist. About a half hour after I took those pics, he managed to get the collar off. We took him to the vet and they reapplied it, but that only last about 24hours till he got out of it again. It's a good thing too. He hated it so much and kept sticking his front paws in it under his chin. I was worried he was going to break his back or something trying to get out of it. He's doing well now, and isn't chewing at his incision site.
Pearl is scheduled for her spay next month.

On a side note, we put a litter box on the spot of the rug beside Pearl's cage where George kept peeing and he is using that now. A small success!!! I was worried he would push it aside and go on the rug again.

Latest posts

Back