okay, this doesnt have anything to do with a rabbit, but its really Freaking me out!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since we're on this health kick conversation Imust note that I am a firm believer in that garlic is the cure foreverything, which makes me wonder is it ok to feed a little bit to mybuns to help boost their immune systems? I didn't see itmentioned on the list of ok or not ok to eat plants and such.Thanks. And remember all things in moderation except love,you can never have enough of that. Naomi

Yes, I think it actually is very good for rabbits. Let me see if I can bump up a post about it :)

okay, heres another question if i lost weight inthose few months.. how come i stopped?... i must be eating morehealthy/more now. but if somehow you think i am unhealthy right now..then why arent i losing any more weight? :pim just kind ofcurious...

I alsoam backing out of this conversationits futile Cuddlex you askedfor an opinion yourecieved opinions , Its now upto you to decide howyour going to handle your problem .

cuddlexoverload

Please don't try to start any arguments. You posted asking for help, we helped, don't intentially taunt anyone.

Im not! im just asking a question. i dont reallyhave anyone to share my questions with, and now that ive brought upsome of my problems... im wondering if anyone could explain that one.Im sorry if i have made anyone mad... or not like me...

No problem :cool:

I did a search for "vegetarian forums" on Google. Maybe you could finda good one that would be able to answer all your questions :) (thisis a bunny board after all ;))

[ame=http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial_s&hl=en&q=Vegetarian+Forum&btnG=Google+Search]GoogleSearch --> Vegetarian Forums[/ame]

Cuddle, have you thought of setting up anappointment with your doctor to talk about it? He/she will be able togive you a lot of helpful information.

Also, never discount the good ole bookstore. You could even go in a "browse" to your hearts content.

It's just clear that you're not going about it the right way and it'sstarting to effect your health. Nothing is more important than beinghealthy.

Hi,

I am a reborn vegetarian!

I was vegetarian until I met my partner who is a chef. I decided Iwanted to eat as a family and ate chicken and fish. I also was veryaware that I was not healthy. My first round of vegetarianism I was inmy early twenties. Chocolate and beer were food groups!

2 years ago I decided I wanted very much to go back to being avegetarian. This time I did it right. I have a protein shake everymorning. I put Greenpro, fresh fruit, and juice and ice in a blender.It is yummy! It may go against the current popular anti-juice stuff,but I know that starting my day with this smoothie is key to my health.I look at it as the way I am able to live the vegetarian lifestyle Iwant. If I have no other protein that day, I have a second one in theafternoon. I eat eggs, cheese, tofu, beans etc. but I don't try tocombine certain ones etc. That actually has been disproven anyway. Idon't have to think about it really because of the morning smoothie. Itcontains vitamins, minerals, green vegetables and protein that meets adaily recommendation. I recently broke the blade on my blender. I havenot had a shake in a week. I can tell that I am getting slow andspacey. I have tried to eat other forms of protein, but clearly itisn't enough. I will need to replace my blender...for my health. I havebeen very successful now for 2 years, I don't want to blow it formyself...being vegetarian has been a very healthy route (along withother diet changes I have made) Fruit/vegetable Fasting is also goodonce or twice a year, but usually that is a spiritual journey thatencompasses other aspects and is not done without a plan and a lot ofdown time. I wasn't sure if you were doing that.

The truth is humans are by design omnivorous. We have the emotionalityto question our design and the ability to make other choices. We cannot really change our bodies. Unlike bunnies, we do not have thedigestive tract etc. that thrives on vitamin A and hay. Some of us canhowever substitute one kind of protein for another if we so choose. Thejury is still out on if everyone can in fact do that. Those of us whoopt for substitutes can not go about our lives with the relative easethat meat eaters do. One hunk of cow or pig (yuck) can sustain a meateater for a long time. A hunk of broccoli...can not, even a hunk oftofu isn't as enduring.We have to be more cognizant of what our proteinintake is. That is our responsibility to our body in return for theprivilege(sp?) of being Vegetarian.

:)

Blue wrote:
The truth is humans are by design omnivorous. We have the emotionalityto question our design and the ability to make other choices. We cannot really change our bodies. Unlike bunnies, we do not have thedigestive tract etc. that thrives on vitamin A and hay. Some of us canhowever substitute one kind of protein for another if we so choose. Thejury is still out on if everyone can in fact do that. Those of us whoopt for substitutes can not go about our lives with the relative easethat meat eaters do. One hunk of cow or pig (yuck) can sustain a meateater for a long time. A hunk of broccoli...can not, even a hunk oftofu isn't as enduring.We have to be more cognizant of what our proteinintake is. That is our responsibility to our body in return for theprivilege(sp?) of being Vegetarian.

:)

I agree with you completely! I personally am not a vegetarian any more,but I have complete respect for those who are, I just think people needto watch their protein levels (like you do) and make sure they listento what their body is telling them. I wasn’t able to eat the rightamount of protein daily so I got sick, like I said before vegetarianismisn’t for every one, but I say "Good Job" to those who are! :D

~Amy

Back