okay, this doesnt have anything to do with a rabbit, but its really Freaking me out!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're body isn't getting all the nutrients it needs, so it's going to effect internal body temperature.

Still, keep those liquids going! Also, green tea is excellent for adetox, it helps fight cancer too. If you're feeling chilly a nice cupof tea is always a good thing. I'm all about herbal teas, although I amnot supposed to drink them right now. :pYogi Tea is mypersonal fave, you can get it in a health food store or in the healthfood section of your grocery store. Their mint tea is the BEST!

I used to be a vegetarian too, and thenI got really sick because I wasn’t eating correctly (this was after acouple years of not eating right). My hair would come out sometimes andI would get HORRID dizzy spells. Then I realized that our bodies weremade for eating meat. Example: if we were to not eat meat and onlyveggies our teeth would be like cows teeth are, straight across (goodfor grinding), but our teeth are like dogs teeth, we have meat eatingteeth, ya know our "K-9" teeth :) So I figured the only way to gethealthy again was to eat meat, and still I only eat white meats. Butits JMO :)

~Amy

Same thing here, Amy. I just wasn't getting what I needed to feel good. At all.

I totally commend those who want to try going vegetarian, but it isn'tsomething you can just do and be healthy. I used to think, "Oh, I justwon't eat meat" but there is so much more to it than that.

I really learned to eat healthy and still have many vegetarian dishesthat I love to prepare. If anything, it made me a more versatile eater.

ayglnu13 wrote:
Then I realized that our bodies were made for eatingmeat. Example: if we were to not eat meat and only veggies our teethwould be like cows teeth are, straight across (good for grinding), butour teeth are like dogs teeth, we have meat eating teeth, ya know our"K-9" teeth :) So I figured the only way to get healthy again was toeat meat, and still I only eat white meats. But its JMO :)

~Amy

This probably isn't the debate you want to be starting ;) Tooth designis not conclusive proof of what our bodies are "designed" to eat, itjust means we weren't meant for grazing or tearing raw flesh. Gorillashave canines, and they're vegetarians. But they need their teeth forbiting and tearing tough foods.

People can and do live perfectly healthy on vegetarian and vegan diets, it just needs to be done right. :cool:

** "hehe, thanks, yeah, im gonna go and drink agallon.. :Dyoud think 3 meals a day of just fruits andvegetables would do something. "***

cuddlex : Hon i know you are aveggatarian but hon your doing bad thingsto yourself , dizzyness, slow motion effects area warning sign somethingisntright !Its telling you you are undernourished ,You need to get some form of proteinin your body , IF you dont get thisstraightned out and soon your going to end up in anICU ward . I am fearfull your going to besomewhere and one of these spells hit andyour going to be seriously injured .BTW how old are you , Im aboutbetting a teenager between 13and 19 yes ?

Stephanie wrote:
I think, also, that some people just aren't made for it.

That's true, too, everyone has unique dietary needs. If you want to doa vegetarian diet, I would recommend consulting a nutritionist. They'llbe able to help you find a diet plan that works for you :)

Exactly. I think that was part of my problem, Iate very, very well and everything I was supposed to, in the ways I wassupposed to. Still, I was weak, exhausted all the time and just feltnot myself or how I wanted to feel.

So now I just eat well and healthy and not too many pre-packaged things.

**" Gorillas have canines, and they're vegetarians. But they need their teeth for biting and tearing tough foods. **"

NO ! Gorillas and chimps WILL eatmeat as a mater of fact they willactually go hunting for fresh meat astheir body demands it , theyknow all fruits and veggiesisnt good for them .. Reasearch !!!

That's interesting. I knew they ate termites andother bugs, using "tools" such as twigs and such, but Ididn't know they actually hunted for meat. Learn something neweveryday! :)

cuddlexoverload-

It might help if you think of it this way. Your body is a machine, andin order to run it needs several components. Like a car needs oil, gas,transmission fluid, etc., your body needs proteins, fats,carbohydrates, vitamins, and other things.

Will a car run on low coolant, or without oil? Sure. But not for long.Will a car run on minimum-grade fuel and cheap transmission fluid? Yes,but over time it will slowly begin to break down, and won't work aswell. It certainly won't run as long as a car that gets what it needs,when it needs it.

Can you live without meat, and on little protein? Without the necessaryvitamins? Uh-huh, but only for a short while... Pretty soon, your bodywill begin to get sick, break down, and may even sustain damage. If itdoesn't get what it needs, your body will not live as long or be in asgood condition as it should be.

Your body is a machine, and it requires certain elements to make itrun, and run well. That needs to be taken into consideration when youchange your diet, to see that you're still getting everything you need,even if it's from a different source.

LOL Steph! My 7 yrold watches a lot of animalplanet they just had a specialon chimps apes and humans , Itwas very interesting I hadknown Chimps will eat meat buti hadnt known about Gorillas till then .If you think aboutit If we all onlyate veggies while we wereevolving we wouldnt be where weare now Protein is the buildingblock that got us where we arenow . AND i am notspecifing meat either proteincan be found in many sorces.

I saw a couple of documentaries wherethe chimps were hunting smaller monkeys that wondered in their area. Itwas graphic and horrible. Gorillas too. I will never look at them thesame way again. It was so violent I was so shocked at the violence ofit.

Tina

gypsy wrote:
**" Gorillas have canines, and they're vegetarians. But they need their teeth for biting and tearing tough foods. **"

NO ! Gorillas and chimps WILL eat meat as a mater of fact theywill actually go hunting for fresh meat as their body demands it , theyknow all fruits and veggies isnt good for them .. Reasearch !!!

For a gorilla to eat meat is a rare occurence, I have done myresearch :cool: It's certainly not a part of their regular diet, theyeat meat less than a couple times a month.

And gorillas are only one example: orangutans are strict vegetarians and also have large canines.

Chimpanzees are notoriously violent, and not only participate infrequent hunting and killing of other animals, but also other chimps(they are known for infanticide).

Sure, we still have canines like dogs and catsbut that doesnt mean that we need to eat meat. We used to need it along time ago because there was no other way of getting protein, thereis so many other substitutes now making it not necessary for an animalto die for you. I have lost about 20 pounds from this diet, but itsstayed the same for a couple months, so i lost about 20 pounds in 2months? You cant say that I am unhealthy because I am vegan and i amnot getting enough nutrients, look at all those meat eaters, there aresome unhealthy ones there too. I dont know, it seems to me that peoplethink that a certain catergory has to be unhealthy because of what theydo... I believe that eating raw, organic, natural foods is a better wayof life than eating mcdonalds... and then theres farmraised free-range chickens and cows? Thats a different story,but its the fact that animals are treated now-a-days I would hate to beone of the people that don't care about the wellbeings of animals thatthey consume... Okay, so im an unhealthy vegan? Well, Id rather work tobe more healthy than go back to supporting death of animals..

M.E i am not aboutto argue with youyou made your pointof argument and its in black and white ," a couple times a month : There by stating regulardiet , no one disputes Orangs .

Guys, we've had vegetarian debates before and we really don't want to start another one.

I apologize for my part in this, I was merely trying to clear up somemisinformation, but I certainly did not intend to provoke any arguments.

cuddlexoverload, we're not trying to get you to eat meat, just to abstain from it in a healthier manner :)

I eat free range, if I can.

However, dropping that much in that short of time is bad andasure indication that you are not eating well and not getting what youneed.

We're not saying don't eat vegetarian, we are only stressing that it'sobvious you are not going about it in the right way and are worriedabout your health. Please, do some more research on this. There ismuch, much more to it than not eating meat.

You can't just eat some beans and say, "ok, there's my protein." Youactually need to eat them in the right combinations to get the fullbenefit. Being a vegetarian is not just not eating meat, it's a wholelifestyle.

Please, do some more research and eat better. You've lost way too muchweight in a short amount of time to be healthy. No wonder you'refeeling so bad.

Back