Off Topic: Here we go Again

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How's it going down there in Florida, ElfMommy?

-Carolyn

whats the deal down there? got an email from afamily i babysit for, who were originally planning to go down to FLAfor a week, but told me they werent because they're expecting anotherhurricane. has anyone else heard anything?

Hurricane.. I don'tremember the name, but the one they thought was turning away fromFlordia and heading east I guess is turning back south and it going tohit. There is also a tropical storm that is expected to hit after thisweekend I believe. Not a good time to be in FL. :?

~Nichole

Well, Hurricane ...now Tropical Storm Ivan madeit's way through Florida, up the gulf, through the states, out of NewYork, then spun its way back down through the ocean, across thesouthern tip of Florida, and back to the gulf coast once again. Crazystorm there.

232053W5.gif

Hurricane Jeanne, like a typical female was going north, and then east,and then south, and has decided, no no, I must go hit Florida. She isnow on a westward path toward our lovely coast. 4 out of the current 5tracks have it rolling right over where I live once again. yippee. Myparents are already planning their evacuation. They had planned onvisiting us next weekend for my Mom's birthday and my son's baseballgame. Not sure that will happen or if they will have to spend theweekend on clean up duty.

232053W5.gif

Then, yes, we have Hurricane Karl. Karl isn't planning on visiting theUS. He's pretty much decided to go up toward the north where he shouldpeter out.

232053W5.gif

And then we have Lisa. Lisa's path is still very much up in the air atthe moment. And, being a woman...well...who knows what she will do.

232053W5.gif

because her winds are not high enough for her tobe a storm yet, she's feeling a little down about that ;) I'm sureshe'll upgrade soon, spinning out there in those warm waters. If thewinds pick up another 4mph, she'll be a tropical storm.

Talk about one hotbed of tropical activity thisyear... why couldnt it have been next year when my name is on thelist... Hurricane Melissa... doesnt that sound wonderful =D

Better then Ivan the Terrible

Well.... I think Ivan has a thing against myhusband's family. Just as we are starting to get a few ofthem back in their houses after Ivan's first tripIvan formsup in the Gulf of Mexico again and now is heading straight for hissister! We're not too worried about her though.. tropicalstorms really are nothing unless they just stall out and flood thecoastline.

On another note, my husband took off from work on emergency leaveandstarted driving today from UT to south AL where hisgrandmother lives because she doesn't have anyone to look after herthere and she has no potable water or power still. She wastaken to the hospital earlier this week because they found her in thebed unable to get up due to high fever and heat exaustion.She has since been released and he should be there by Saturday night, Ihope safe and sound, to help her along and help clean up her yard (lostALL of her trees).

On the bright side she has finally admitted she can no longer take careof herself and is going to try to sell her house and move into anapartment complex (all ground floor) that cater's to elderly people andchecks on everyone daily. Right now I'm in the dark on what is reallygoing on there until my husband gets there and can take a look aroundsome himself. More updates later as I get them.

-Cheryl

[align=left]
taz2.gif
[/align]
[align=left]Poor Florida and the states all being effected.[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]Do keep us posted, TrampNPigeon and ElfMommy.[/align]
[align=left][/align]
[align=left]-Carolyn[/align]

[align=left][/align]

[align=left][/align]

Schools are closed on Monday, no mandatoryevacuations for my area yet. My son is more in the path of the stormthan I am, being with his biological father this weekend. I HATE THAT!Sigh. I know I won't get him back, though. I will just worry allweekend.

:(

A couple of our local schools have been closed due to bombs threats -- very glad to have my kids safe at home for school :)

Pam

Depending on where this storm turns, we mayactually evacuate this time. I'll be going to Tallahassee. If I'm notin communication for a while, that's why. I'll be chatting up a stormto get my forum fix in before we leave! LOL

OH, and we're going to a pet-FRIENDLY hotel :D

pamnock wrote:
A couple of our local schools have been closed due to bombsthreats -- very glad to have my kids safe at home for school :)

?

Pam

Good Lord! :shock:

That's sick.

-Carolyn

Elf_Mommy,

"Mean Jean" is heading a bit too close to your neck of the woods.

Do keep in contact as you are able.

We'll all be thinking and praying that all goes well for everyone down there. You must be exhausted from this season.

-Carolyn

Carolyn,

I can't believe I didn't see this. It got pushed off the first page andI was much too concerned about the goings-on of the first page.

We survived yet again. We did not evacuate, as it seemed as thoughJeanne was heading straight for where we had made reservations.

We could hardly see the road from the window. I didn't take any videothis time. I went out on the front porch for a few hours, just to watchthe wind and rain. I sat back far enough that I just got damp, notsoaked. Figured I could go inside and change clothes as needed. It wasreally awesome to watch. Our driveway and street were virtually rivers.The wind seemed to take turns whipping about from different directions.The rain was flying sideways. I let my dog off his leash, because therewas no WAY he was going to brave the wet. He'd poke his head out overthe stairs, shake it and prance right back to me. We had a couple pottyaccidents, but I can't really say I blame the boy. As hubby said,"Would YOU want to take a S$%^ with wind blowing up yourA@#?"

You know all those videos they are showing on the news of streetsturning into rivers in Jacksonville, Florida? Well that's exactly whereI live. It's about 3 streets down from my house toward the river. Iwasn't silly enough to go drive down to check it out, though.

They cancelled school Monday and Tuesday, but things will be back to normal tomorrow. :D

just reading some of the old topics..

that weather was nuts! it just drizzles here....all the time mind u! actually its not all the time....lol:p

-Gillian

Latest posts

Back