New Rescued Bunnies - Flynt and Kyndling

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was able to pick up my two new rescue bunnies on the weekend from the Animal Rescue League here in Iowa. They always have a great selection of bunnies (I know, I wish they didn't need to have space for so many, but you sure can take your pick!). They had called me because they know I spin fiber and they thought I might be interested in these long haired buns, and I was (of course!)

We have named them Flynt and Kyndling. Their original names were Elvis and Marilyn, but I wasn't as fond of those names, and they have a new life now, so new names. Their previous owner died, so they were taken to the shelter. Nobody knew how old they were or what kind they are.

I am thinking maybe mutts....but I am guessing possible genetics include angora, Jersey woolly, or lionhead. Anybody have any thoughts?

Here they are together - Flynt to the left and Kyndling to the right. They are in our office indoors in a hutch.
both.jpg

Here is Kyndling coming out of her transport box. She has a narrower head and longer fur all over.
kyndling1.jpg

Here she is on a pillow (old dog bed) when I first had her out. She didn't need too much grooming - her fur was in relatively good condition.

kyndling2.jpg

Here is Flynt when I first got him out of his carry-box.
flynt1.jpg

He has a very wide head compared to Kyndling.
flynt2.jpg

He also has a very different coat. He has a short hair coat underneath, with long hair mixed throughout. Her fur is all long, even the guard hairs.

Here he is a few days later after about 40 minutes of careful grooming. I think he looks MUCH better. He was ready to loose some of that nasty, matted, tangled long fur that had been waiting to be removed. He was already molting as I could see inside the hutch. I think he is more comfortable now.
flynt3.jpg

He looks SO much better! He just needed someone to love him and care for him! I think he's going to do very well.
She is precious! Congrats to you and to them!

I'm not good at that but I'm gonna guess Jersey Woolies! Put a thread in the rabbitry for asking the breed - you might get better answers there :)

Wow! That one post-grooming looks like an entirely different rabbit! Good job with the grooming (and patience)! I might have missed it, but about how big are they? I am not so good with breeds, but they look like Jersey Woolies to me.

Thanks all! I am happy to give them a home!

They are not that big. I just weighed them. He is 4 lbs 4 oz and she is 4 lbs 8 oz.

They're really cute and I can really see the difference after grooming. They look like woolies but have some of the lionhead front mane.

They DO have fluffy pantaloons! I never really noticed that either! Flynt has a very cute habit of actually curling his paws around my hand when I pick him up. I think he feels more secure that way? It's very endearing.

Latest posts

Back