NEW MEMBERS (Feb. 2006 - Jan. 2007) CLOSED

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi from yet another Canadian!! (a left coaster) :welcome

What a delightful cross! I have a Holland (I think) and amini-Rex, but they don't like each otherand they're both'fixed'.

And hi Donna :hellolovethose Flemish!

sas :)pipp :bunnydance:dill:brownbunnydarry and radar :toastingbunsand sherrythe FOSTERbun :bunny24

hello from northern lower michigan!

my name is katie, i raised rabbits for about 5 years (Katt's Rabbitry),sold out last year due to not enough time! grad. from high school lastyear, working this year, starting college next fall.

when i bred rabbits i had holland lops as my main breed but we (mybrother, mother and i) also worked with (not all at once, at differentpoints) dwarf hotots, rhinelanders, flemish gaints, mini lops, and minirex. we also had a few breeds that we only had a few rabbits of likeenglish lops, standard rex, and a few meat breeds.

right now i have 2 pet rabbits. a black mini lop named winnie and anopal english lop named herman. i am planning on adding a velveteen lopin a few months also! my pets live inside the house!

anyway, that is me and my bunnies

Greetings from Northern California!
Many years ago I had a house bunny; a mini lop named Merlin.I shared my house with him until he passed. It's been about15 years since then and while I have wanted to add a house bunny,Ihad been reluctant since during the time between I hadacquired two rescue doggies that I adore. While my dogs arefairly well behaved, I didn't know how much I could trust them with asmallish bunny; that's before I learned about the FlemishGiant.

So I am trying to get my family and house ready for a new addition; soI have been reading lots of forums and articles in different placestrying to get enough information to do this right.

Just three more things to accomplish:

1. Find a suitable bunny home for a FG.
  2. Find thebunny.
  3. Convince my wife we need a bunny to keep us warm atnight. ;)
Nice to meet everyone!
Chris

Howdy!

:Canada:Thanks to all for the warm welcome! I haven't had time tofigure out how to get pics on the site - I attend college full time andwork part time. I plan to start the garden soon and have all thesedarling bunnies to care for, plus 35 chickens, six ducks,4dexter cattle, and one rescued collie who is as good as gold, but likesto be "jogged" every day. :run:

I do have a question, though. Perhaps this is the wrong place to postthis, but I have a new baby bunny that is healthy and happy but seemsto have a stance like a frog - front legs bowed out with toes turnedin, and back legs splayed. Would this be due to feed (we had a verywetsummer, which caused the feed here in Saskatchewan to below in protien) or woud it be genetic? I'll post a pic of her whenIcan.

Later,

SparklingEyes

This will tell you how to post photos:'
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=11950&forum_id=14

The way I do it is I resize the photo on my computer then upload it ontinypic.com. Copy/paste the IMG line into the text box here,and click preview to make sure it worked.:)

It does sound like the baby has splay leg, which is genetic.Although I'm not sure how protein deficiency would manifest.

Hi SparklingEyes,

I believe the legs of your new bunny looks a bit like the way the legs of my Happy (the black & tan one) are standing.

Underneath you see that his backlegs are splayed, they stand outward.

happy_leg1.jpg

And here you see that his frontlegs turn inwards (especially his left leg, for us his right leg on this picture)
Happy is now almost 8 years old and the stand of his legs does not hinder him at all.
Only on woodenfloors he has some problems as his backlegs slip away all the time.

happy_leg2.jpg

Greetz,

MJ

o yeah.. the white one Puk is on a diet :)

Hi my name's Rachel and I own one rabbit calledOllie. I had another rabbit a couple of years back but he was stolen.Ollie is currently four months old and he's a lop, thouhg I'm not surewhat kind. I think he might be a mini Lop, but I only just startedlearing about rabbit breeds so I'm not sure. I don't show or breed, Ijust have a rabbit as a pet and I love training him (I'm training himto walk on a harness), and learning a lot about rabbits in general.When I grow up I would love to become more involved with rabbits, butthat is just one of my many ideas of what I would like to do when I'molder. Anyway, hello. :) :bunnydance:

Hi everyone,

My name is Krista, I'm 20 years old, and attend UCSD. I have threerabbits who are currently residing at my parents' house, since I havebeen unable to have them at school with me. I have had Pepperfor 4 years. In January, after the death of Pepper's mate Coriander, Iadopted 2 girls named Soni#&268;ka (so-NEECH-ka, which meansSalt in Slovenian)and Cardamom Slippers. The three of themare now happily bonded, and Pepper seems so much younger with thoserambunctious young girls around! (They are probably about a year and ahalf old). I've had pet bunnies since the age of six....and Iam hooked for life :p I post on the Lagomorph Lounge forum,but for some reason today I felt like branching out.

Hi everyone!!
hiall.gif

My name is Jennifer and I, too, am a member of LL who made her way overhere! :) My hubby and Iadopted 2 rabbits earlierthis year. They're both Mini Rexes and about 2 years old, butbecause they're shelter buns, their exact birthdate is unknown.

Here's Bender, our male blue Mini Rex:
n54800271_30079422_6135.jpg

And here's Lily, our female broken black Mini Rex:
n54800271_30079459_3288.jpg

We adopted Bender in January and Lily in February. We'recurrently in the process of bonding them and so far, things are goingreally well. :bunnyheart Here's a cropped and edited photofrom one of their bonding sessions:
n54800271_30096454_5289.jpg

We're first-time Bunny Parents, but we have learned SO MUCH sincegetting our buns! We're extremely devoted to their well-beingand have been fortunate to meet some very welcoming and knowledgeablebunny people along the way. Anyway, I'm really excited tomake more new bunny friends! :bunnydance:

Hello from Massachusetts!!

Hi, I am Liza...owner of 10 parakeets :nod, an uncountable amount of fish
and....My Netherland Dwarf bunny, Annabelle:bunnydance:I am new to Rabbit-Keeping, so I joined this forum toenhance my knowledge of them (oooh so studious sounding...:zzzzz)

I am so glad I found this forum! I want togiveAnnie the best care possible and want her to live ahealthy and happylife. My previous bunn was adopted too earlyand unfortunately died early on from stomach problems due to prematureweaning.

So hi then... I guess:tongueand um...about that:)hah I just am IN LOVE with the smilies here! Yess..

I have to netherland dwarves, Poppy and Clover.

My rabbit obsession mainly started in first grade, when we had a minilop class pet named Flopsy. After that, I wanted a rabbit more thananything.

Finally, I got my first rabbit, Bing, in third grade. Sadly, he passed away the next year from a broken leg.

Just a week later, I got Poppy, and a little over six months after, I got Clover.

We considered breeding the two for a while, but decided not to because we couldn't find homes.

Latest posts

Back