NEW MEMBERS (Feb. 2006 - Jan. 2007) CLOSED

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum BangBang! Whatacute little bunch of crittersyou have going there!Eager to learn more about you and your very adorable bunch!

Welcome to the forum meowzer and Petsnapshot! :D. Hey, no harm in doinga bit of early research! Feel free to ask any questions about rabbits.

Welcome to the forum too, Nat! Aww, I love fuzzies! Please post apicture if you like (We LOVE pictures!). Sounds like a real cutie! Goodjob on the rescue too!

Hi my name is Megan and this is myfirst time owning a rabbit! I have learned sooo much about rabbits andI am soooo excited that I am getting my first rabbit this Saturday!Once I get him I will be posting pictures of him all over thissite!:bunnydance:

Hello!

I am new here, but not to rabbits.

I currently have two american fuzzy lops of my own. Fiona (a brokenblue tort senior doe) and Styme ( a blue senior buck). Fiona is a soonto be mom and Styme is my old retired man- he is 9 going on 10 yearsold.

I show and occasionally breed rabbits, but keep my numbers small sothey can get all the attention that I am sure you all know rabbitslove.

I am also long-term babysitting Clay (a broken orange senior fuzzybuck) and Clementine (a black Checkered Giant senior doe). I take careof my friends Checkered Giant does if she breeds them, as I have a hugecage for them to raise their litters in.
Clementine just had her first litter last night!! It is officially thefirst litter of Checkered Giants born in Florida in the lastdecade or so!! She has six healthy, beautiful babies.

I've had rabbits since I was a Freshman in high school and I am now afew years out of college with a Bachelors of Animal Sciences. I amabout to go back to school for my masters. I also live with my dog,Bernie, and my kitty, Midori. Phew!! Hope I didn't bore you. I can'twait to get to know all of you- this looks like a great place.

-Lindsay

Hi I am Sarah and I am owned by Karona. She isfrom the shelter where I work. She was droppd off at night in a boxthat was taped shut with her sister. There was a note saying that theywere bad bunnys and were 2 months old. I have never found her bad but Iguess that is all in perspective.I have had her for 3 monthsnow.Before her I had a beautiful pedigreeded registeredholland lop called Chloe. I got her from a friend who breeds them forshow. We worked together at a horse farm and she wanted Chloe to retirein a loving place. She had been looking for someone for over a year!!!Chloe lived to almoste her 9th birthday when I had to but her down dueto kidney failure. I love bunnies and when I am not living with myparents I will definatly have a Flemish Giant!!!:bunnydance:

DinnerBdayDog.jpg

My baby Chloe at8.5 years old

Bunny001.jpg

My baby girl Karona in her favourite toy!!

My name is Amy and my boyfriend gave me a bunnyfor my birthday just last week. We don't know if it's a maleor female, but my boyfriend named him Mr.Bumbles. He's partdwarf and part rex (I think). He's two months old, and he's ahandful. I've never had a bunny before, and I need lots ofhelp.

Take care,

Amy Y

:headflick:Hello and for those of you who don'tknow me I'm megan and I just got my rabbit this morning! His name isBuddy and I will be posting some pictures very soon!

Howdy. I'm Rob, JadeIcing's "DH", the oneresponsible for getting her into house rabbits. She may have mentionedthis before, I had a pet bun several years ago. A golden dutchy namedThumper, yea, original, I know. I remember how smart he was, how he'dcome when he heard his name, how if you stood on one leg and twirledthe other in a circle he'd chase it. And, of course, the time he chasedsome painters out of the house just by going over to say "hi". Since hepassed I'd wanted another pet bunny, but my father was dead set againsthaving any more animals of any sort. Then when I finally was on my ownRingo and Samantha came into my life, and I'm sure you know the storyfrom there. Now the rabbits out number the humans, and the dog thinksshe isone. :bunny24

:thanks:for having me!

Hello Everyone,

My name is Mae. I think bunnies are adorable, but I want tobe sure I can be a good bunny mom first. There is so much tolearn here and I'm really grateful I found this great forum!

Right now I have 2 pedigreed Siamese cats named Isis and Rajan and 3snakes. Lol, don't worry my snakes will never be fedbunnies!!! Eep, I already feel queezy enough feeding themtheir frozen mice.

So, my corn snake is named Minya and my two ball pythons are namedSinai and Savannah. All of my snakes are kept in customenclosures. The opening on each enclosure has two locks onit. Yes, they are escape proof. :DThey are alsokept in my bedroom. All three of them are just babies; Minyais 12 inches long, Sinai is 17 inches long and Savannah is 20 incheslong. I do not feed my snakes live prey. I think itis inhumane, and it is also an uneccesary risk for thesnakes. Mice can inflict deep and painful bites. :(

I hope that answers most ppl's concerns. :)That aside, I'mreally glad I found this place and am looking forward to learning asmuch as I can. Hopefully one day I might have a bunny of myown.

Hi Dreamatorium! Welcome to the forum!

I'm so glad you are researching before you get your firstrabbit. I wish more people did that. There's tonsof info in Bunn 101, and don't be shy about asking questions.

I'd love to see pics of your beauties. I love cats and snakesare so cool. I'm really glad you don't feed them live preythough. That's pretty creepy. At least frozen micedied humanely.

Oh, and cool avatar! Georgia O'Keefe, right? :heartbeat:

RPerrotti wrote:
Howdy. I'm Rob, JadeIcing's "DH", the one responsible forgetting her into house rabbits. She may have mentioned this before, Ihad a pet bun several years ago. A golden dutchy named Thumper, yea,original, I know. I remember how smart he was, how he'd come when heheard his name, how if you stood on one leg and twirled the other in acircle he'd chase it. And, of course, the time he chased some paintersout of the house just by going over to say "hi". Since he passed I'dwanted another pet bunny, but my father was dead set against having anymore animals of any sort. Then when I finally was on my own Ringo andSamantha came into my life, and I'm sure you know the story from there.Now the rabbits out number the humans, and the dog thinks sheisone. :bunny24
:woohoo

Hey Rob, we've been hearing all about you! (But that's okay, we'll let you join anyway) :biggrin:

humour.gif

:thanks:Thanks so much for hooking Alicia!We love her and the buns to bits around here! :inlove:

sas :)and the gang :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

:party:Wow! Lots of new members this week! A big welcome to you all::party:

:welcome1Sarah & Karona, Amy & Mr. Bumbles, Megan & Buddy, Rob and Mae.:kiss:

And WELCOME toanyone Im forgetting. Look forward to chatting with you!

-Haley:hug:

Hi, I'm Kayla. I have a white Netherland Dwarfbunny with blue eyes (I'll post pictures soon) named Katrina. I justgot her for Christmas and I love her so much (she runs my life like achild. lol).

Hi! I just joined today, and i posted my introductory post somewhere else. Sorry 'bout that.

Anyway, I live in Hawaii, and in my lifetime so far, have shared myhome and heart with 5 rabbits. Three of them have gone on tobunny heaven, so now I am the bunny-mom to a sweet brown mini-lop girlwe call Brandy, and a black&white dwarf mix boy namedJarJar. (Don't look at me--he was named that when we adoptedhim!)

JarJar was born sometime in 2000, and is neutered. Brandy isa young teenage rabbit--somewhere in the neighborhood of 8 months old,and was just spayed yesterday. Both bunnies seem to havebonded quite well, even with the significant age difference.

What else? I am a full-time working mom--I'm a referencelibrarian at a public library. I am married, and have a2-year old son. There's another baby on the way inFebruary--but the bunnies have nothing to worry about; they're part ofthe family and would never be re-homed! We all love them toomuch.

Thank you for letting me join the forum. I look forward to learning more about these adorable and fascinating animals!

babybug74:bunnydance:

RIP--Hoppy (1984-1996), Bailey (1999-2005), Nacho (????-2006)

Latest posts

Back