NEW MEMBERS (CLOSED)....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi and welcome all. i am new here also. well nottechinally. i made a topic in i think off topic section cuz i didnt seethis topic. (sorry mods and admins for that you move it if u want) butanyways: i anit really new here. i forgot my username and pass a longtime ago cuz i havent been visting here for a while. but i am back. forthose who don't know me or don't remember me:

my name is Bryan. i am a boy! i have one bun named Chester. she is agirl and got spayed (i will talk about that later cuz i need a bit moreinfo about that). and she is doing fine. she is not a year old yet.well we really know cuz when mum bought here like at 8pm at night atkaytee in the mall they said they just got him. and the scarything is : she was so small and a cutey bunny. but now she a BIG girlshe is huge i think she weighs about 5 pounds i havent weighed in awhile i am gonna do that tonight. and i got her on march 28 2005. soher b-day is pretty soon........ well thats about it. and don't worryabout pics they are coming.

and i don't know what kind of bunny yet.

Thanks. Everyone's been so nice. :) Yep, I'mfrom the Philippines. I'm the only rabbit owner I know here. Most ofthe time, it's little kids who buy rabbits here and they don't livevery long because of neglect and/or lack of proper information. It'ssad, really. We're dog and cat country.

They're okay now, I think. Marbles has been eating only hay for thelast 2 days because of the diarrhea (episodes, really. He'd have wetgrapes and then be okay in an hour or two and then back again half aday later.) and he seems to be doing great. It's been over 12 hourssince his last wet poop. I'll reintroduce pellets tomorrow night, justa smidge.

(The vet told me to stop feeding him anything for 24 hours so his tummycan heal. Somehow I'm not convinced that's a good idea. Is that evenadvisable? I read somewhere they're not supposed to be without food for14 hours straight. My vet's good and had rabbits before, but I'm reallyfussy. I need to be sure before doing something that drastic. Stillresearching on that. If anyone can give suggestions, that'd be greatalso.)

On a happier note, I just took a bunch of great new pictures of my babies. Will share soon. :)

The "wet grapes" look is probably cecotropes andthis is not a concern for your rabbit. do a search at the top forcecotropes and you'll find lots of information. It is not a good ideato stop feeding your rabbit. At a minimum your rabbit should haveaccess to hay and at least 1/4 cup of pellets per day.

JimD, if those are cecotropes, he was producing way, WAY too much of them. Like more or less 8 different bunches within an hour, and too runny. Cecal dysbiosis, I think.

(Whine: I really need a vet who specializes in rabbits. Somehow, "rabbit-savvy" just isn't good enough for me. I have two good vets... probably two of the best I can get for my babies here, but I want someone who's treated at the very least 50 rabbits already, and hopefully, they're all still alive and kicking. There's one two cities away but he doesn't do house calls. And I'm not about to bring my rabbits all that way just to be stressed out by dog and cat sounds and smells. Their tummies get upset after stressful incidents. Also, if it's bad enough that the recovery rate of neutering/spaying is 90% in the U.S., ours is 70%. Argh.)

I chose not to withhold food. Even if it were a good idea, I doubt I could ever do it. Still eating only hay. Still looking healthy. It's working out.

waponswa, thank you!! :D Your bunny's really cute too! I want to squish him! hahaha. Sorry. I have this weird thing about cute things... don't worry, I feel like squishing my bunnies all the time but they're treated a helluva lot better than well. It's just an urge. ;) Have you posted any pics of his here? I took more pictures of them snuggling but I don't have them here right now. I'll upload them later or tomorrow.

Hi my name is Amanda and I just joined this forum today because about a week ago I just brought a lionhead rabbit home with me. She is 13 weeks old and I named her Velma, not from Scooby Doo but from the movie Chicago. I have a dog named Roxie so I decided to keep with the Chicago theme. Anway, I've been looking for a couple days nowfor a forum that was pretty up-to-date and had a easy to follow format and I finally stumbled upon this one. I really hope to learn a lot of information that will be useful in taking care of and spending a lot of time with my new addition.

tailof2rabbits wrote:
JimD, if those are cecotropes, he was producing way, WAY too much of them. Like more or less 8 different bunches within an hour, and too runny. Cecal dysbiosis, I think.

A diet that is too high in protein can cause some rabbits to overproduce cecals. Switching to a low protein food pellet or limiting the pellets while increasing their hay and vegetable intake can alleviate this problem.

~Jim

We are trying to move all new member stuff into the pinned thread at the top, so I am closing this thread. Please post in the "New Members (2006)" thread.

Latest posts

Back