NEW BUNNY!!! and some questions...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you guys are right, the vet said he was perfectly healthy though so Iwill trust that :) Leo is 5 months old.

As for the water bottle thing, I gave hima normal roller bottle and he drank a little bit of that, but I'll leave the new one in just in case he decides to try it out :) I even tried switching the bottle heads (the bottle part of the new one has a opening at the top so it's a lot easier to fill) but they weren't the same size so it didn't work :(

Anyways, he isn't very litter trained right now. He has his "spots" (mainly on my carpet) so I took his litter pan out of his cage and put it there, since he just uses it for a bed anyway. I hope that'll work out better (I have a urine stain on it now:() so I'll probably get him out before I go to bed and see if he uses it there.

I use to have Mini lops so I really wanted another, but after seeing Leo's little "add" on the internet, I had to see him :) I'm happy I got him

~*Caitlin*~

The more you get to know him the more hooked you will be. I think bunnies tend to pick us rather than the other way around. I wanted another Lion head myself, but when we went to the rescue. Mr PB had a definite opinion. How could I deny that?

Christine

lol, I know the feeling. Out of all the bunnies at the shelter, Leo was the one that jumped out at me, literally :) The rest were cute, but Leo just had a little spark about him that made him stand out.

Last night as I was trying to sleep all of a sudden I hear him drinking from the roller bottle! yay! I was worried he wouldn't like anything, lol, but I'm glad he's found something.

~*Caitlin*~

Yea! Drinking the water.

~~My DH actually had to put drops of watter on Peanuts nose. She was so used to drinking from a crock and Mr PB kept stepping in it! So we had to get her to learn. DH was sooooo patient. He put the crock right below the bottle so she would bump into it. Every time we caught her drinking from the crock we would put a few drops from the bottle on her head. Finally we put a tiny piece of bananna on the bottle and she went for it!

Just be sure not to clog the tip. I put the bananna piece on top of the tip and it was a very small piece.

Christine

Hi There!

I hope all is going well with your little guy! My newest bun, Mr. Tumnus,is also part lionhead..his mane is so cute. Its not very big so it just looks like an afro! Thats his pic in my avatar, but its hard to see the mane :)

As for your bowl/bottle dilemma. I use both for all my buns. Sometimes I will see them using the bowl and sometimes the bottle. I think they like to mix it up :) If its not too much trouble, I would keep both in there. Give him some options...

Anyway, hope all is going well with your little guy! Good Luck on the litter training and everything!

Best Wishes!

Haley

Aww he is so cute! The little afro-mane is adorable! I tried the banana trick, but it didn't really work. I'll prolly try it again, but I'm fresh outta banana:) I took the bowl out and he is using the regular bottle fine. He's getting better at the whole litter training thing, but it'll just take time before he gets it completely. He jumped on my bed again! I know, it kinda sounds lame when I say it like that, but keep in mind that my bed is at least 4 ft high. I myself have to jump to get on it and i'm 5'8"! lol, he uses the wooden frame a a footstool :) it was cute but now I know I can't leave him alone! Lol.

~*Caitlin*~

lol. My little man just jumped on top of his cage (about 3 ft high) as I sit here typing! Hes just sitting there, head cocked, watching me :)

My other two will jump on my bed all the time when I sleeping (my bed sits really high too!). It always such a wonderful wake-up call when one of them pounces on me. The only downside is that one likes to chew on my sheets!

i have a question, i also have a new bunny.. when you guys let your rabbits roam your house.. dont they chew on everything? Because mine is always trying to pull the carpet up, or chew on my shirt.. and likes to poop and pee on my bed.. i dont let him run free all through my house, only when im watching him.. and he crawls behing dressers, under beds, and couches.. im afraid he'll stay under or behind those things, and poop or pee, and chew the carpet. Do your rabbits not do that?

My girl is pretty good with not going to the bathroom outside her cage. She only leave the few poops. I leave her cage door open, so she usually goes in there if she has to drink or eat or go to the washroom. She is, a little bratty about chewing the walls and pulling pu the carpet. I just am always watching her and I show her who's boss if she does be naughty. I wouldn't turn my back for a second while she was out, she'd probably have a hole in the carpet!

I have two that are pretty well trained now and just roam free in my bedroom. My newest is in a cage in another room and he only gets to roam when Im watching him. At first, my guys would chew everything and anything they could get their teeth on. This resulted in some torn up carpet and chewed cords, and I wised up. I put down plastic runners in areas that they like to chew carpet, like under the bed and dresser and in a few corners. I also bought this plastic wire cover (used to cover wires in trailers and such) to cover the cords that are exposed in the room. They just basically stay in that room, and its all bunny-proofed now! They go in their cage to do their business.

It sounds like youre doing the right thing with your new bun. Just give her enough freedom to explore, but let her know whos boss and that youre watching her. Just give her a little freedom and hopefully you can get her to behave in a small area and then expand. I also noticed that my guys chewed more when they were young, theyre kind of stopping now..

Hope this helps!

Haley

Awww your bunnies sound adorable! As for the new bun picklezon, make sure to bunny-proof the area your bunny will be in (like cover electrical cords, etc.) and the litter training will come, just give it time :) As for him hiding behind things, if you are worried about him staying and hiding behind them you might considercovering those places up.

~*Caitlin*~

Latest posts

Back