My special little girls.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone! I know I should update my blog more often, but I forget to. :D

Here's an update though.

So Poppy has been moved to her new NIC cage and she loves it! Her activity level has improved so much, she's more curious and her mood has improved so much too!

Her and Pebbles have been getting along great through the bars. They love each others company and enjoy sitting near each other when one is out. I'm going to try to make their first official meeting (well second if you count Pebbles jumping into Poppy's cage unexpectedly!) this Friday, hopefully. I need to get a spray bottle first though just in case a fight does break out. I'll add some recent pictures later. :D

Ohh so cute...Can i have them?

Ok here's some pictures!

I love this picture of Pebbles.. She looks like a stuffed toy! :)

Bunnypictures-Leanne233.jpg

Having a little nap by Poppy's cage.

Bunnypictures-Leanne232.jpg

An older picture, but it's my favourite DBF

Bunnypictures-Leanne139.jpg

Poppy LOVES her kitty. I had to wash it because it was all stiff from her licking it. :D

Bunnypictures-Leanne218.jpg

"You know there's a bag of papaya treats right over there..."

Bunnypictures-Leanne208.jpg

Couldn't help but share this one. Poppy trances so easily. This was a week or so ago when I was going to clean her scent glands (but mysteriously, they were as clean as a whistle!

Bunnypictures-Leanne201.jpg

I'm not feeling too great, so I'm going to have to reschedule the bonding.

Thanks!

I had a bit of a sore throat on Wednesday, and then by the evening my throat was killing me. I was so tired I slept most of the day yesterday and just felt like yuck! I'm starting to get back some of my energy, but I still don't have any appetite.

:imsick:

See my comments below, hehe!!

Spring wrote:
Oh no!! Dead Pebbles!!!

Bunnypictures-Leanne139.jpg

Oh no!! Dead Poppy!! What are you doin' to these bunnies?!

Bunnypictures-Leanne201.jpg

Those pictures are so cute! I love how much Pebbles looks like a stuffy in that picture...CUTE!!!

:inlove:

I swear Pebbles is trying to give me a heart attack. I can't even count the number of times I truly believed she was dead.Can you imagine what I thought when I saw her like this? Once I knew she was still alive and breathing, it was actually quite funny. :D

Bunnypictures-Leanne143.jpg

:tongue

Yep, I can definitely imagine...Flower does that to us ALL THE TIME!! :D

There are so many times that I'm sitting on the couch or here at the computer, and I sit and watch for her breathing...

These girls really sleep without abandon, don't they? Don't they know they're scaring their mommies?! :pullhair:

Hehe...goofy bunnies!!

:bunnydance::bunnydance:<WBR>:bunnydance:

P.S. Love that booty curtain...how cute is that?!

:inlove:

In the beginning, very cute. Then it started to become a magnet for knots and bits of tangled hay, so mommy had to cut it off. :( She still has a tiny bit of it, but not much. She only has a tiny bitof fluff as her butt warmer. :D

Here&#39;s a picture of her booty now:D

Bunnypictures-Leanne207.jpg

Hehe!! Butt warmer...how funny!! Pebbles is so adorable...she and Mr. Tumnus have REALLY made me want a lionhead in the future sometime. :)

Of course, more girls right now is simply IMPOSSIBLE...but when we have a house, WATCH OUT!!! :shock:

Hehe...your girls are adorable...I love Poppy&#39;s airplaney ears, and Pebbles pretty manes. They&#39;re so beautiful! :D

Oh, I absolutely love lion heads. They are just bursting with personality!

Hey, another one isn&#39;t that much different Rosie! ;)

:wink

You know... I might just have room for another bunny or 2... :ponder:Your girls would make a lovely addition! ;)

Those pictures are awesome! I so love those girlies!

Well, today I set up the first bonding session, well sort of.

I started by rechecking Pebbles gender (just to be sure). I took thesurprise pick up attempt, and to my surprise she didn't even wiggle..boy that made my job easier! Yep, for sure female. Looked like a tacoand the same as Poppy's.. and Poppy is 100% female. So why did I freakout?

OK, so I was originally going to have them bonded in the hall outsidethe rabbit room, but Pebbles seemed panicked and ran back into therabbit room. So, I decided that I'll just see how they react infamiliar territory.

Pebbles was running around fine, and I sectioned off any tight cornersso if there were any fights I could easily access both of them. I thenpicked Poppy up and set her down. They pretty much ignored each otherfor a minute or two, then Pebbles ran past and tried to mount Poppy.

I wasn't thinking, I guess I just panicked. I know rabbits mount eachother for dominance, but for some stupid reason I scooped up Pebblesbefore she could even start.

I've always been freaked out of them breeding because I've heardstories of split penises, so I guess the little voice in the back of myhead didn't have faith in myself. I haven't sexed many rabbits, butfrom the pictures Pebbles is for sure a girl.

I know I probably sound stupid, and I feel just as stupid for doingthat. I just acted without thinking when I gotthe suddenthought of "What if Pebbles is a boy!"

:embarrassed::craziness:lookaround

Hey Spring!

Can you get Pebble to a vet so they can check her for you,just so youcan put your mind to rest 100%,and then you can concentrate on bondingthem without worrying to much

I would really,really love to see Pebbles and Poppy bonded!

cheryl

I don't blame you at all!!:)

Nobody "professional" ever sexed Pebble and Ebony for me, they arealmost one and I still check down there to make sure! When they werereaching maturity, there was a lot of humping going on! Got meworried...but I think we would have saw some babies by now;)

One thing I went by was that they all had nipples, and my neighbour'sbuck had no nipples, so they must've been girls!!:shock: lol

I remember discussing "do boy rabbits have nipples" on here once, and no one seemed to be sure:) lol

Good luck with bonding, it would seem I'm going to be having a go at that myself soon;)

Video time! Got some new ownes and an old one.Enjoy! I'll try to get a new video every week and some pictures. That'smy goal ;).

Sorry the last two were cut short a bit. I didn't know how much room I had left in my camera.

Latest posts

Back