My Heart's on Fire for Elvira

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sorry to hear of your troubles lately. I'm a bridesmaid in my friends wedding and we've just ordered our dresses online! So we did all the measurements ourselves then they make them and ship them. We only hope like crazy that they're going to fit right, lol. It should be interesting in any case. And I suppose if you've lost a bit of weight then yes the dress is going to be a little big, but for the other two dresses to have major problems like being to short etc, that's just downright bad dress making on their end.

Hope you guys can sort it out :)

Ellie built another nest! I woke up this morning to a nest! I'll take pictures later, but with all the fur thats in it...she's got to be bald in places! hahahaha.

Yes, the dresses are very unfortunate. But the company that makes the dresses is closing, so theres nothing we can do with them. The employees are all quitting because their shutting their doors very soon, so the quality of the is really bad! They just look terrible. You can see the stitch marks and the fabric is poor quality. They just look like crap. I didn't go yesterday to get sized for the new dress, but I'm doing it Monday morning. The new dresses are really nice and they're from a really trusted company, so we shouldn't have a problem with them.
And yes, I did lose weight, but the dress would have been too big if I hadn't lost weight. It was seriously 4 sizes too big! It was insane. Anyway, it should all work out with the new dresses, at least I'm hoping it will! I don't want to pay anymore for the stupid things!

I'm going to hlep my mom move some stuff today. I'm getting my dressing table back from her and we're moving her antique barber chair to her new house. Then next weekend while I'm away, she's moving into her new house. Thank god they hired movers and I won't have to help her move again! hahaha.
I'm so excited for my vacation next weekend! I went and bought some new clothes the other day, so I'll look alright! You guys know how it is, once you get around other women, you have to be on your A game with how you look. Its always a competition when you don't know them! LOL I told my husband, I don't know how to hang out like an adult. I've had the same friends for the last 12 years, so we're not really friends anymore, we've morphed into family. Where you can't tell whose mom apart from the other! hahaa.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great Sunday! I'll take pictures of little crazy Elvira's nest. She's a real wackadoodle.

So here is Ellie's nest. haha. Its HUGE. There is a ton of fur in there, I don't know where she's bald, but she HAS to be bald. LOL
vpiz68.jpg

2uohtzt.jpg

A lot of fur. haha. She makes such great nests. If there wasn't such an over abundance of bunnies in the world, I would think about breeding her because I think she would be a good mama. But I would never do that, don't you guys worry! hhaha.
She's staying in her cage for the next few days until she calms down a little bit. She's acting really crazy right now, with the nest and grunting. So she can stay in there until she gets right! LOL Then when we go out of town, I'll make her little enclosure again and she'll stay in there for the weekend.
EDIT: On top of fur, there is cardboard and there is some pieces of velvet that she tore off her cabinet door to put in there. She's using a lot of different materials for her nest. She's like the best nest maker. I wonder if I could give her nest to a breeder or something for them to use if they had a doe that didn't make a good nest. haha.

I saw a cow giving birth to a calf on my way home from Wendy's. It was pretty awesome! Thats what its like to live in the country. haha.

I just really cleaned my oven. The stove came with the house and the people who used it before us, NEVER cleaned it. I mean NEVER. It was so dirty and there was so much stuff baked on in there that you couldn't tell what color the oven was on in the inside. The weekend before we moved in, we cleaned it with every available oven cleaner. Nothing worked. So I did the best I could with it and left it. The next two years pass and I pretty much ignored it. I would wipe it out and try to clean it with chemicals and stuff, and nothing worked. And then I started cleaning with more natural things and less chemicals. I saw something about sprinkling baking soda in the oven and then putting some vinegar on it, or making a paste and spreading it like that. So a few weeks ago I made the paste and that was really difficult to use. BUT it did work! Then the other night, I sprinkled some baking soda in the bottom of the oven and sprayed it with 50/50 water-vinegar and left it in there. Then went back and sprayed some more vinegar on it and then before I washed dishes, I sprayed some more on it and then cleaned the oven. Now that sucker is CLEAN! Its amazing. Its crazy that it took me 2 years to be able to clean it completely the right way. How stupid on me.
But I do totally love baking soda. Its freaking awesome, you can bake with it, deodorize and clean with it! I love it. Then I put my oven rack in a garbage bag and sprinkled some baking soda on it and poured some vinegar-water in the bag and (made a huge mess) then let it sit on the stove for a while. I rubbed the baking soda around on the rack and I could see all the old crap coming off the bars of it in the bag and then I started to see it shine! haha.
Everyone should clean their oven with baking soda and vinegar! I highly recommend it.

I just went a little crazy about baking soda and my oven. I'm tired and my brain isn't working right! haha. I'm going tomorrow for the dress. I can't wait to be done with this wedding stuff.

Oh and I'm so done now. Its late and I just can't stop myself from rambling. haha. Hope you guys enjoyed the pictures of Ellie's nest!

That nest is huge!! You're right that she surely must be bald! I keep thinking that about Bandit with all the fur he's currently shedding too.

Also, I will agree that Baking soda is clearly the best thing ever for cleaning stuff, well actually I think I use Bi-carbonate of soda which is ever so slightly different (at least in this country) but it does the same thing. Cleans anything and everything with a bit of vinegar. I always sprinkle it on the carpet and leave it for a while before vacuuming too.

I do the same thing with my rugs. I wait until AJ takes a nap, then I sprinkle it on the rug and let it sit for like an hour or so and then vacuum it off. I put it on my couch and everything. It takes any smell out of everything.

Wow that nest is HUGE!! Haha. I bet Ellie would make a good mother with a really cozy soft nest. Your right. she has to be bald somewhere!

Wow, that's cool that you got your oven cleaned after all that time. I hate when I find out about something much later than I should have. I love baking soda. Its one of the best things for cleaning stuff. Whenever Ash pees on the couch or something like that I always sprinkle some baking soda on the spot. It works like a charm!

I have to take Ellie's nest out today, its getting gross and her litter box needs to be cleaned. I have to clean up her other mess in my kitchen too. She shredded a cardboard box and I just saw it and the cardboard is EVERYWHERE in the corner. haha. She's a mess and a half!

So my mom just gave me a box of stuff, because her and my grandma are moving. I got some porcelian canisters, like that you put flour and sugar in. I put them on top of my cabinet. My grandma gave me her bust of Elvis. haha. She had a bust of Elvis and she was going to THROW IT OUT! I was like hell no! I'm taking him! So now he's on my bookshelf. I'll take a picture of him. LOL I think she got him at Graceland like 25 years ago.
v7d2th.jpg

Isn't he handsome?!

So my mom gave me a casserole dish, bringing my total up to like 5. I don't know if y'all have ever seen it, but there is a video on youtube called "sh*t southern women say" (Its on the Southern Women channel, if you guys want to watch it. There are a bunch of other ones that I've never watched before so I can't vouch for them.) Anyway, I think in the first one, the girl is standing in the kitchen with all the casserole dishes on the counter and is like "Dern, I don't have enough casserole dishes." Thats totally how I feel. LOL The videos are hilarious to me because I say the majority of those things, but I don't really have an accent. The redhead in the video in the videos is my favorite because she reminds me of me! haha.

Oh and I'm totally loving My Little Pony. This is like my new favorite kids show. haha.

Happy Monday!

So AJ's new favorite toy is the box that I got stuff from my mom in. LOL He loves this box. He gets in it and rolls around in it and kicks it and laughs. Its SO funny.
The simple things in life that make kids so happy, is amazing.

I have SO much to do today! I've been seriously slacking lately. My head has still been hurting, its been like 2 weeks and its been crippling at times. So I've just been doing the minimum. Last night I did't sleep well at all. I have having all sorts of weird dreams and they kept me tossing and turning half the night! It was terrible. So today I'm SUPER tired and my coffee hasn't kicked in...if it ever kicks in. haha.

Yesterday, I went and got fitted for my second bridesmaid dress. $66 later. So that brings the total up to $198 and two dresses. Its unbelievable. BUT the new dresses are beautiful! They're going to be insanely gorgeous on us! Except my bestie's SIL, who hunches all the time and it makes the bust and bodice look weird on her, she just has to stand up straight! LOL

Now for another cup of coffee and then maybe I'll be able to start my day!

Happy Tuesday!

I love your Elvis statue, I'm not a huge fan of Elvis but I think it looks great!

Some things that are so easy to find make the best toys. When we were little we used to love playing jack in the box in cardboard boxes.

That's good that you got that dress problem cleared up and now have some pretty dresses.

Awesome nest! :0
I have been slacking too. I feel tired all the time and Leo is being lazy too. He has the summer off and goes back to college in aug or sept. so when he does nothing, I do nothing. When he sleeps on the couch like he is doing now, I try to be quiet so he can sleep. It's a vicious cycle of laziness. Maybe we need to eat better. :/

I know I need to eat better. I was doing so well, then the other day I ate more carbs than one would think humanly possible. I felt SO gross. Then went out and ate pizza and drank beer and felt even more gross but it was worth it. hahah. I told my husband that I've eaten like my monthly amount of carbs and I need to eat only green things for the rest of the month! LOL

I couldn't imagine having my husband here all the time. He would sit on the couch and my ass would be planted to the couch too with him! LOL

Yep. The couch is our soil and we are the COUCH potatoes! Its terrible. I got up and build the buns a new cardboard box :) its short so they have to squeeze around in it but they like it.

So I think that my dad is going to get me tickets to see The Eagles in November, for my birthday! I know its a long ways off, but they just started advertising the show this passed weekend. I WANT TO GO SO BAD! I LOVE THE EAGLES! So I really really hope that he gets me the tickets, because this could be my only chance to see them.
I won't get my hopes up though, because my dad can't be trusted to keep promises. But I really really hope he gets them!

Little Miss Ellie´s nest is amaaaaazing...where the heck did she get all that fur, she must be bald. There looks to be more fur that is actually on her, wow that bunny likes hard work lol.

I love the Elvis statue, he´s still one of my favourites and I will always miss not having seen him live. I love watching his live concerts, it must have been fantastic being there.

I do like the Eagles as well. We don´t get many big groups where we are. UB40 are playing locally at the end of the month but it´s only really one of the original group.

I am sometimes tempted to eat loads of carbs but usually resist the temptation although I had a kebab and chips last night as I had to drop keys at the airport and then pick someone up about 2 hours later. So instead of going home, I went to the shopping centre near the airport, had a look round and had some dinner. I must admit it was lovely although I resisted having a beer with it as I had to drive people to Marbella.

Do we get a sneak preview of the dress ???

Here is a picture of the dress. This clearly, isn't my dress. haha. This is the dress though, its a Bari Jay. Ours will be in eggplant though, rather than the coral shown.
dh5mk8.jpg

Ellie's WHOLE chest is bald! I'll take some pictures of her when I let her out. Its ridiculous looking!

Yes, that dress is really pretty! I like it much better than the first one. Too bad I'll never wear it out side of this wedding, because I never go anywhere formal! haha.

Here are some pictures of Ellie and her bald chest. It was really hard to get these pictures too! She's so difficult sometimes and she's still acting crazy right now. So she was grunting at me because I would just outright give her the raisin! haha.

2q363w2.jpg

2ykco6v.jpg

2ryt0t0.jpg

And here is a good view of her dewlap! haha. Its coming in quite well. LOL
35bdtms.jpg

She's laying on the rug in the kitchen right now, staring at me. Its a little scary, to be totally honest.
I just learned today that she can jump into the wash bucket, which is as tall as the baby gate. So I hope she's not laying there thinking about jumping the gate. What do rabbits even think about? I bet she's plotting something. LOL

I've had WAY too much coffee today. Or its because its a different brand. But I feel shaky and dizzy. hahha. Like I said before, we're trying different brands of coffee each time we get coffee to see what we like the best and this one is Chock Full o Nuts. I think its a little more high powered than the Starbucks I was drinking last week. hahaha. It said on the package, its the favorite coffee of New York City, so maybe thats what they all drink to make it through the hustle of the city! hahaha. Now I'm so done, I feel really crazy! Maybe I'll be able to clean my house better today! LOL

Happy Wednesday! Its counter top day in my house today!

I can't believe how hormonal Ellie is! That is a LOT of fur! She's so funny. And YES! She is plotting. That is what smart rabbits do. They sit there and try and figure out how to get past all of our efforts to keep them out of trouble :)

Wow, her tummy really does look pretty bald, haha. What a crazy bunny. She really took a lot of fur off of her tummy.

I love her dewlap, now she has a pillow to take along with her wherever she goes, lol.

Yes, she's probably plotting something. I'm sure if she can jump in to the wash bucket than she can jump her baby gate. I know Ash can jump his pen but he never does.

I don't drink coffee but that coffee sounds really strong! Haha.

Yes, its a ridiculous amount of fur! I wonder if it will grow back right? I hope so. I don't want her to look goofy forever! LOL
She's super hormonal, I really need to have her spayed, but I'm so nervous. I just don't know what to do. Like, most of the time, she's really good then there are these times every few months where she goes insane and makes a nest! These are the times where I really think about having her spayed, but she snaps out of it and I'm like 'oh, she's fine. I don't need to have it done'.
I just have really mixed feelings about it!

I didn't make the coffee too too strong, its just different. I think its just a better coffee. I feel GREAT though! hahahaha. Scary. I just love coffee!

So I'm sitting on the couch and I hear Ellie moving her food bowl around, it has pellets in it. Then I hear something else, she just opened her pellet tin, so her little fat butt can get MORE pellets! What a little sneaky critter! She's just way to smart. I can't believe that she learned how to open it. LOL

Back