My Heart's on Fire for Elvira

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So here is Ellie. I got some silly videos of her because she's difficult to catch and she wasn't feeling playful.
And some pictures of her and her DEWLAP! Yes, the little ball has a dewlap! hahah. Its tiny, but its there! Its so funny!

rbky9d.jpg

209ikc6.jpg

117gpir.jpg

2624duf.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjou044pD60[/ame]
The video isn't that great, it just has a good binky in the very beginning. And the music, is once again a little loud. haha. Sorry. She doesn't do anything during the day, so it always seems like its late at night when she's doing something and its always so dark in the videos because my phone isn't that great. haha.

Woody started eating last night thankfully.
Oh and my MIL brought his food and bowls over today, she brought me back the tub that I had his food in and it still had his OLD food in it. Like 15 lbs of old food, the REALLY good food! I was like, why didn't y'all finish feeding this? She didn't say anything. Its because they think they're the sh*t and they don't believe a **** word that comes out of anyone's mouth, so when I saw that Precise is a great food (4stars) they think I'm wrong and start feeding him Pedigree (half a star and highly discouraged from being fed). But of course they know "best" but its all such BS. I'm not very happy, still.
This is also day 4 of my stress headache.

But on the plus side, in two weekends we're going to the mountains on a semi-vacation! My husband is playing in a disc golf tournament and a bunch of his co-workers are going up there too, so we're all splitting a cabin rental for the weekend! I think it will be me and like 10 men, and MAYBE one other woman, but it should still be fun! The guys will all play golf during the day and I can roam around Boone for the weekend! I'm going to the history museum, then to all sorts of antique shops and anything else they have there! I told my hub that if theres a town, I'll be in it and in every single store front there! He told me to not get kidnapped! hahaha. But I'm pretty excited about it. My mom is coming to tend the animals and AJ will be with my dad for the weekend. So it should be really nice. I'm pretty freaking excited, so is my hub because disc golf is his favorite thing. LOL

AJ is at my MIL's for the last time in a long time probably, my husband is going to play disc golf in the morning for the whole day, my house is clean, so that means...I get to sleep the hell in! LOL and I'm also doing NOTHING tomorrow. I made sure to clean everything up today and tonight so I can sit on my fat ass tomorrow! At the most, I'll have to clean a coffee mug or run the vacuum over my kitchen rug. Other than that, it ain't getting done! LOL
I'm so done now, at least you guys got to look at some pictures and then read my rambling!

For some reason the first and third picture aren't working for me. So if they don't work for you guys, let me know and I'll fix it. But they all worked last night. Weird.

Anyway...I successfully slept in until 10:45! It was amazing! I could have slept longer but my back started to hurt and I had to get up! haha.
Then just a few minutes ago, I was sitting on the couch drinking my coffee and on pinterest and I heard this scratchy sound only to look into the kitchen to see Ellie escaping from her cage. hahaha. She opened the door a crack, realized it was open and hopped out! It was funny to watch. Thankfully I left the baby gate up between the living room and the kitchen, if not she would have really escaped!
So I think she's been hitting the gym too. She is capable of moving her 7 lb bucket of food. The bucket outweighs her by 5 lbs and she can move it. She's like a body builder bunny. I don't know how she got so strong! LOL

I finished the basket for my husband. It looks okay, I love the basket that I got. I got the basket for me and the stuff for him, lol. The basket is just a little big, so I had to fill it with paper and stuff. I used the ads from Bass Pro Shop, Tractor Supply and Lowes. I thought it was funny, because its like his 3 favorite places! LOL But I got him some shorts, some boxers because I get him underwear at every holiday, its my thing. Then I got him a big-ass bag of beef jerky, a big-ass bag of Swedish fish, some delicious cookies, some Oreos, two nice pens, the Matrix 4 movie collection because he's wanted it for forever, a few packs of his favorite gum and a bag of pistachios. I think he'll really like it! I'm going to make cards and when AJ gets back from my in-laws, I'll help AJ make his card too.
Here are some pictures of the basket.
2wdvg48.jpg

Okay well thats the only picture I can load because there is something wrong with tinypic or my computer or the internet. I don't know, but nothing is working right today. My netflix is being a difficult piece of work and it has like signed me out and I don't know any of the passwords or the email. And now tinypic is being a piece of crap. Ugh. I'm done. I quit. The technology hates me and I just got the saddest part of Dirty Dancing...she's like wind.

Edit: I just had to CALL netflix to be walked through signing back in. I know the tricks now! hahaha. I finally got it, thank god. I was dying without it.
Oh and I realized why I don't like pictures being taken in my house. I just noticed something spilled on my cabinets, in the picture behind Ellie. How gross! I have to clean all my cabinets now.

Last edited:
OMG! Ellie has a little dewlap! Yay! Haha. I think she looks great with a dewlap, and now she has a little pillow to rest her head on. Loved the video where she binkyed. She's cute!

That's good that Woody started eating. He couldn't go on not eating forever.

Oh that's good that your going on a vacation. I love vacations. They are like an escape from all your worries where you can just relax and enjoy yourself. I'd like to go on a vacation soon. If I do go on one I'm going to the beach. I've only been to the beach once last year and I'd like to see more of it.

The pictures are working fine for me.

It seems like Ellie is constantly escaping, lol. She's really good at escaping. Wow, funny that Ellie can push that 7 pound bucket of food. She must have a lot of muscle in that small body.

I love your husbands gift basket. I can see all kinds of good things in it. I'm sure he'll love it!

Does anyone want a little black and white bun that goes by the name Elvira? She's making me insane!

My kitchen is a pretty nice size. Its not tiny, but its not huge either. I've been watching her really well to make sure that she's not getting into anything and then bunny proofing as she gets into stuff. BUT here is one spot that I can't bunny proof because its next to my stove and counter. Its like a 2 foot opening, I put my trash can there. She is obsessed with getting in that cubby. The only problem is that the cord to the stove is right there and I'm scared shes going to chew on my stove cord! So I put the pen up so shes in her side of the kitchen now.
But now since she's in her side, she's trying to get behind the fridge! OHMYGOD! I just want to choke her. She's just getting into everything and she's obsessed with all of this now! And you guys know how bunnies are, once they like something, they'll forever mess with it or try to get into it.

Then just a few minutes ago, I heard some weird noises and look in and Elvira is in my DRYER! I got something out of it and I guess the door didn't shut all the way. So she hopped her happy black and white butt in there and was sniffing around my clothes!
dnbkmh.jpg

mh8wub.jpg

And one of my cats is also making me nuts. She refuses to drink out of the dogs water bowl, so will sit in front of Ellie's cage and meow to drink Ellie's water. Then when I do open the cage she gets in and starts to drink the water. I mean good lord, why can't she just drink out of the water bowl that the dog drinks out of? Its fresh water and I change it frequently. They're all going crazy! I think it might be because of the heat or something.

An update about my in-laws, my MIL did NOT take my FIL to Chicago with her like she said she was going to. So he bought us a car that we don't want and we're not taking. It wasn't a gift, it was a control thing. But its not what we're looking for so we're not taking it. Its all just posturing and I'm WAY passed over it. I just want them to leave us alone. Ugh, I'm done. I have another stress headache.

Your little Ellie makes me laugh so much, she is such a naughty bunny. She and Houdini would make a fantastic double act. I cannot believe she got in the dryer, she´s not scared of anything. And yes, once they get a thing about something, they won´t leave it be. Wish I lived nearer and I could bunny sit for a couple of weeks and give you a rest, I just love that little black and white bundle and that dewlap is so cool.

I had another escape today as well..one bunny missing when I got home. It was Bandy who was happily sleeping near the window. He´d got the tie off the xpen and off he went. He´s such a good boy and doesn´t get up to any mischief so I should be thankful for that.

Morgan, you have my favourite cookies in your basket and I can´t get them here any more....boo hoo...they are sooooo good.

It´s getting quite hot here now so I´ve got the fan out for the buns, they actually quite like it now and position themselves so they get a nice cool breeze as it goes from one side to the other....spoilt buns lol.

Ellie in the dryer is too funny! She's just trying to make sure you got them all clean.

They do drive you crazy when they get interested in something that you don't want them in or messing with because they never give up and they never forget. They may stop for a few days , weeks or months but sooner or later they'll be back at it.

Your cat sounds like Isabelle. We have two litter boxes in the garage. One in each side and she refuses to use the one although it's on the side she is usually at. She has the stinkiest cat poo ever and the one she insists on using sits next to the door so when the door is open the breeze blows the smell throughout the whole side of the garage. I hope it's just because of the pregnancy and then nursing. I don't know if I can live with a cat for life with a smell like that. Ha!

I really like the basket you made for your hubby. I am sure he will really enjoy it.

My MIL is like that she gives people things but only so that they then owe her and have to do her evil bidding at her command. I'm soooo glad we don't deal with her anymore!

Yay for you and your vacation! I hope you have a really good time. Sounds like me though. Mostly we spend our time with either kart racing or dirt bike/atv racing so I'm always surrounded by guys. Not a problem for me since I have always got along better with males since I'm not into drama and all but sometimes I do wish I could listen to something other than race talk.

Okay this is so weird! I wrote 2 different posts like 10 minutes ago. And also Jenny made a post to but now they're all gone!
I don't know what happened or if they'll show back up. But it doesn't make any sense.

When I checked this a while ago, it was Chris' post first, then Denise's, then Jenny's then I made one post then a few minutes later, I made another one.
Its so crazy! I wonder if its because of the weather? But that wouldn't make any sense.
I'M SO CONFUSED!

These posts do pop up really quickly, I was on here went out to check something and came back and yours had popped up Morgan but didn´t see another from you or one from Jenny. I am just so not liking computers right now.

A few days away for you will be great and a cabin in the mountains for us sounds like something from a movie...how cool is that, I am so jealous. Enjoy your own time and enjoy the things that you like doing.

Every time I see your basket, I see those darn cookies, I must find them somewhere lol.

You got to love the inquisitiveness of these little long eared furries. Great pics of the Elvira in the dryer, little does she know what dangers lurk there...

As if it wasn't bad enough when we lose our posts before submitting them, now we are losing them even after submitting them :pullhair: At least you saw it Morgan. Now I don't have to retype it right?

No Jenny, you don't have to retype it! LOL

I don't really want to retype what I posted earlier. Ugh. This is dumb. But I do have some pictures of Ellie that I took a little bit ago that I'll share later.
Its to show you guys how round she is. She's like a ball! A little round ball!

OMG! Ellie looks so funny in that dryer. Naughty bunny! lol.

Yes, when they get interested in something they wont ever give up. Today I put Ash on the porch and he kept trying to chew on a metal part of it and everytime I would stop him he'd run back up and try again, lol.

Haha, your cat sounds funny! I can't believe she will only drink out of Ellie's water bowl.

Weird about posts dissapearing, I've had some of my posts dissapear before but not recently.

I'm still really mad about the posts disappearing! There was some stuff that I wanted to tell you guys!
First off, this Pedigree dog food is disgusting! I moved the bag yesterday morning and there was a wet spot under the bag; I felt it, it didn't feel wet so I left it. (I hadn't had enough coffee at that point) then later that afternoon I moved the bag again to get something and there was another wet looking mark. So I felt the bottom of the bag and it wasn't wet, then I felt the floor and it wasn't wet either. Its the GREASE from the dog food leaking through the bag onto the floor! How gross is that?! I couldn't believe it. I'm pretty grossed out.

Then last night my husband and I were looking on the funnies of Pinterest and we saw the meme where its like "how to catch a cat" then you put down an empty box and the cats go to it. haha. So I had an empty box that I had given Ellie and my Fat Cat was being irritating on the couch, so I put the box down on the floor in front of the couch. My hub was like "go Fat Cat, go to the box!" And sure enough, she hopped down off the couch and got into the box! It was hilarious.

I did not sleep well last night. I tossed and turned and was miserable for hours! It was terrible. Then like 30 minutes before I went to bed, I scratched my eye and it was swollen shut. I had to lay with a cold wash cloth on my eye before I could go to sleep. My actual eyeball was swollen! Like the white was puffier than the iris. It was terrible. My husband was scared! And now this morning, it looks like I have a black eye and my eyelids are still swollen and my eye still feels hurt.
Then this morning I'm trying to make my cup of coffee, with my eye hurting and my head hurting. AJ was running back and forth between the kitchen and the living room, under my feet, around my legs. I spilled some coffee because I over filled my cup, then the dog was up my butt. So at that moment in my life, I realized that the best cup of coffee in the world would be...one where no one interrupted me while drinking it.

Maybe when we go out of town, I'll be able to have that best cup of coffee! Speaking of going out of town. The guys we're going with are all my husbands coworkers and they're all pretty nice. One guy isn't bringing his wife because they have no one to watch their kids, then the other guy is bringing his girlfriend whom I've never met, then the other guy is possibly bringing his girlfriend whom I've never met, then I'll be there with my hub. So my hub and the guys have been joking about forcing us girls together and seeing how it goes! Hahaha. I don't really like other girls, I've never really gotten along with other girls, so I don't know how this is going to go. I'm worried that one of the girlfriends is going to be the high maintenance type and I'm SO not like that. haha. My husband was like, "you guys can just drink and then you'll get along!" I was like, I'm not going to day drink with some women I don't know! Thats just asking for trouble. My husband is a crazy. But I think it should be nice, as long as the other women are nice I'll be nice! I think I'll be the youngest there though, since all my husbands friends are older than us.
Oh well, it should be fun! I'm still pretty excited about everything!

And AJ is acting like a wild child today!
I do have some pictures to share of Ellie though! The first ones are to show you guys how round she is, like a little ball! haha.
2yv9pft.jpg

10hsgpc.jpg

And this is the mess that she made! LOL I went in and there was a huge hay mess from her knocking over the bag onto my rug! You can see her little feets in the back ground, running away from her crime scene!
6o3cax.jpg

She really is a little devil...she can make such a mess. But that´s true of all of them. Now I have the new hay, they make so much more mess cos it´s so much bigger and longer but can I be mad at them.

I just so love little Ellie, I want o bunny sit for her, she would so love my three boys and is so much like Houdini, they would definitely be naughty together.

Hope your eye gets better, I hate it when mine are irritable and runny but it happens.

your fat cat is so funny I laughed out loud...animals,who can figure them :cry2

Haha, Ellie is so funny! She sure knows how to make a mess! Bunnies are great at making messes. Ash likes to spill his hay all over the floor just like Ellie.

Oh gosh, that's digusting! Grease?! Yuck! I can't believe they made the food like that.

You cat sounds funny. I laughed.

I'm sorry about your eye. I hope it gets better. I hate when things like that happen to me.

So I pretty much have a black eye from whatever happened the other night! Its terrible and my eye still hurts. (Oh yes and I'm going to be doing a lot of complaining, so brace yourselves.) And I'm going on day...A LOT of a headache. Its terrible.

So yesterday I went to pick up my bridesmaid's dress and took it over to my besties house so we could all try them on. It was all of the maids, me, her sister and sister in law. We put the dresses on. Her SIL's fit pretty good, her sisters was about 3 inches too short and too big in the bust, and mine...well mine was a sack of fabric that was like 4 sizes too big! My bestie comes behind me to zip it up and I'm like no dude, its already zipped. hahah. Then as I was standing there in the kitchen, I let go of it and took a few steps and walked out of it! bahahaha. We were like "WTF ARE WE GOING TO DO!" because there is no way they can take the dress in 4 sizes.
We went back to the dress shop so they could see the dress. They remeasured me and told me that I lost an inch in my bust:)(), 3.5 inches in my waist and 1 inch in my hips. So that was the reason the dress didn't fit and there was nothing they could do about it except have it altered! But it still didn't fix the other two dresses being messed up and not the mention them being a really really crappy quality. So now we have to order three new dresses, from a different dress maker and pay to have them rush ordered and pay the $40 difference between the two dresses. My bestie is not happy and neither am I! Thats a lot of money that we're having to spend on dresses! AND one of the women who runs the store yelled at my friend! haha. It was CRAZY. I just stood there, in a dress that was too big as they talked about ME as "she" and my friend got yelled at by this woman. I had a super headache so I couldn't get into the argument or I would have been blinded by a migraine. It was a fiasco though, just a total fiasco.

So now onto my in-laws. I really, just have no words. I got home from my friends at like 11, I ate some food then went to bed at like 11:20 and at 12:23am my husbands phone starts to ring. I looked at the phone and it was his dad. I hit silent and laid back down, then it sounded for a voicemail. I listened to it because my curiosity was getting the best of me and it sounded like a pocket dial, but it also sounded like he was in the car and the radio was going. It lasted for a few minutes and then cut off. So at 6am he called again and I turned it off because I thought it was the alarm. As it turns out, he was f-ing LOST ALL NIGHT. LOST. Out on the road somewhere, he didn't know where he was, he was flipping lost! I'm like in shock and scared and I don't know what to think. LOST! I'm so...I have too many words for what I feel. But I do know that I'm mad as hell at my MIL. She left him here. She left him down here and went back to her precious Chicago to live her "single" life and not deal with the problems of being here and dealing with the problems of her mentally deranged husband. I'm disgusted by her and you better believe that when she gets here this weekend, we're going to have a grown-up ass conversation. Woman to woman, the sh*t is going to get real. I just can't believe it. My head is spinning and I feel dizzy just trying to think about all this.
Last time she was here she was like, "how do you make an adult do something they don't want to do?" I didn't say anything then, but I was thinking "you do the same thing you do with a child, you freaking force them! Especially when that person has the mind of a child like he does!" She was like "oh he's scared of whats happening" Well that didn't stop her ass from leaving him here by himself, being a danger to himself and others. I just...don't understand how she could be so callus and heartless and cold.
I feel sick.

I'm sorry for dumping all over you guys. I'm just too stressed out for my own good. And AJ is trying to choke the Fat Cat out and he's obsessed with the dogs water bowl. I swear, when he gets focused on something, sometimes he acts like a rabbit and never leaves the thing alone. I just can't wait to go on vacation and its not until NEXT weekend. I still have another week of this crap left before we can leave!

Its WAY too early to be awake on a Saturday! I had to get up with my husband, he's playing in a disc golf tournament today and tomorrow. So I got up early with him to make him breakfast. Us being up, woke AJ up so it looks like I'm up for the long haul! Maybe I can get everything done today and take a nap when AJ does?! hahaha.

Anyway. Ellie figured out how to open her pellet container! So now, she just opens it when she's ready to eat some pellets. I thought that last night after I fed her her nightly pellets, she would be happy and not open the container to eat anymore out of it. I was SO wrong. When I got up she was tucked into that tin of pellets, like she was starving! I took some pictures of her being in the tin last night, its pretty much what it looked like this morning...only she's made a big dent in the amount of pellets that were in the tin! I hope she's going to be okay!
She also ate a magnet. Like one of the ones you get from like the dentist, but this one was from a vets office. It had a paper logo and a small magnet backing. She didn't eat the whole thing of course, but she ate the edges of it. I don't know whats getting into her, she's been really bad lately with the chewing on stuff and getting into stuff. I hope her tummy can take it!

wwc585.jpg

34g13jd.jpg

And in this one, she's like..."You didn't see me in the tin."
deliz6.jpg

So AJ and I have been watching My Little Pony. Its hilarious. I sort of love it. haha.

Haha, funny Ellie! She's such a naughty bunny taking off the cap of her pellets to eat them. Maybe you acn put the container of pellets on a counter or a table or something so she can't get at them. She is a smart girl, she figures out how to do so many things.

I hope she'll be okay from eating part of that magnet!

Morgan, you´re not really have a good few days. That is so awful about your FIL and your MIL just giving up on him...he really does need help.

And the bridesmaid dresses, your friend must be so mad at the woman who made them and for her to go off on one...well, I´d have probably hit her. Hope the other dresses are perfect for you all. In my time, I´ve had some lovely dresses and some awful ones, I´ve been a bridesmaid 7 times and had to drop out of the last one which would have made 8 as I got a job in Spain and had to leave before the wedding.

Little Ellie is a little devil. I just love those pics of her helping herself...she reminds me of another little devil who helped himself tonight to a craisin which was on the dining room table. I think she should be OK if she´s only nibbled the edges of the magnet and not the magnet itself...what will she get up to next.

Here´s her partner in crime lol.

Ellie's a smart girl! Why wait for a tiny bit of pellets in a little bowl, when she can eat as much as she wants from the tin. Is it just me, or is that little rump of hers looking a little pudgy :)

Haha, My Little Pony, oh my gosh, is that a flashback. My little niece used to watch it all the time, like 25 years ago, when I was staying with my sisters family.

Latest posts

Back