My Heart's on Fire for Elvira

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, he still plays games. He's not a crazy gamer or anything, but he does like to play every now and then. He plays a new game for a few days straight and then he stops and doesn't play them put every few weeks or so.

So this evening I let my chickens out to free range a bit and what fraidy cats they are! haha. They wouldn't come out of the coop for the longest time and then when they did they stayed like 5 feet from it. They wouldn't come through the gate into the rest of the yard either. Even the hen, who used to be basically a wild bird was being a little fraidy too! They finally got used to it a bit and ventured around in the barn yard and foraged. I need to start letting them out in the evenings more to take care of some of the bugs! I've noticed that since my two adults haven't been outside this summer the bug situation is out of control. There is all kinds of flying crap out there, ants, spiders, whatever the hell else thats creepy crawly and I don't like it! So I'm going to let them range for a few hours in the evening and maybe they can make a dent in the bugs, I mean 10 chickens should be able to.

Here are some pictures of Ellie.
So I saw this avocado on my counter and I was like "hmmm...I could put her next to that!" haha. So she's next to an avocado, but she was trying to eat it and I don't think that its on the safe list so I had to take it away. LOL
34hv0h4.jpg

5fnadi.jpg

Here she is with a green tea jug, its a gallon jug. She just got done periscoping, so her front feets weren't all the way on the floor.
versya.jpg

This is her with her cold pack. Its pretty hot in my kitchen right now and we had the bright idea to give her the cold pack. Too bad its not a legit ice pack, its an industrial packing cold pack. haha. Its covered with a blanket but she was licking the condensation off the bag.
2w7myw6.jpg

Ellie periscope!
e9hnkk.jpg

And I think thats it! haha. I think my favorite picture of her is the one of her periscoping. Her ears look huge!

That's funny that the chickens were scared. Yeah, tha's a pretty good idea letting them out to take care of the bugs. I'm getting bitten like crazy outside and inside. I totally wish I had some chickens to help take care of the bugs now. Today I saw a huge spider crawling on the wall and I freaked out haha, I ended up thinking about smashing him but then I thought he would be able to help take care of the bugs so I caoght him in a glass jar and put hi outside. How weird is that?! Haha. And lat night I saw a giant ant crawling around and I smashed him. I don't like huge ants crawling around in my house, haha.

I loved the pictures of Ellie. She's cute! Haha, the avocado looks as big as her head, lol. She's sort of small. Bigger than I thought she was. I guess she just looks tiny in her pictures. I agree, her periscoping pictures are great! She looks so sleek and confident. I love how her nose is half white and half black.

Ellie is small, but I guess she's not that small! haha. I don't really know. Its really hard to get pictures of her next to something, she's so nosy and difficult sometimes!
I've got to clean her enclosure out today. I didn't do much yesterday and I really should have. haha. I just had a lazy day which is kind of crappy. My coffee just wasn't doing its job and it was really noticeable. I drank 4 cups and a big cold starbucks coffee, but all I wanted to do was sit on the couch. haha. LAZY.

So AJ really likes the show Handy Manny, and I do not. I swear, I have learned SO much spanish from this show. There is more spanish than english and they repeat everything all the time. So its like "this antique is old and special, antiguas y especiales." Or then its like "frijoles, frijoles! beans, beans!" LOL and yes I had to use the translator to spell those words right and I don't know if they're right, I don't know how to write in spanish. I can only understand a smidgen of spanish and most of it is food stuff because I worked in a restaurant. But its annoying with the constant repeating. Is that how you learn another language?
Oh and one of the tools isn't like barely english speaking and some of them are non-spanish speaking, so its really weird.
I don't know, but it has a good morals in the show! Its about always helping your friends or people in need and helping them before you help yourself. So I think thats good. Its always nice to be a giver rather than a taker. But there is this creepy guy who has a cat and lives at home with his mom, so thats a bit weird. And I'm like...you probably have bodies in your basement. LOL
And now I'm done.

I HAVE TO GET STUFF DONE TODAY! HHAHAHA. SOMEONE MOTIVATE ME!

How much does she weigh? She does look small in her pictures but now that you compared her to an avocado I think she looks a little bigger than I thought.

That show doesn't sound good, haha. I totally understand that you don't like it. When we were kids my sister would constantly watch a favorite video of hers over and over again everyday. It was SO annoying. I couldn't stand it. It was probably even worse than Handy Manny because at least AJ watches different episodes. But my sister watch the same thing everyday. I hated it, lol.

I have stuff to get done today too. I have to make more of my crochet dragon water the watermelon seeds and lots of other things. But I still want to stay on the computer.

So I just had one of the scariest moments of my life. OMFG.

I took a pork roast out of the freezer yesterday and decided not to cook it because it was pretty hot in the house and I didn't want to heat it up even more with the oven. I grilled chicken instead with corn, so no cooking in the house at all.
Anyway, I knew that I had to cook the pork roast, so I decided that I was going to smoke it on the grill for the rest of the day. I wrap it in tin foil and get it ready and then go out to start my charcoal. I put a ton of them in there so I wouldn't have to start another batch of them for a long while if at all. I put some lighter fluid on them and they lit for a minute and then went out. I put some more on them and they didn't start again, so I had to get a piece of paper and light it to put on the coals. Well before I even got the paper to the coals, IT POOFED UP WITH FLAMES! I dropped the burning paper on the ground and had to grab it before it set my yard on fire! I thought I was going to catch on fire, I was scared and I was pretty sure I crapped my pants. I didn't. But I felt like if I was ever going to, it was going to be that moment in my life. I was shaking!
Well I got the coals started and put the roast on, so hopefully I don't have to mess with it for the rest of the day. I closed the shutter things enough so it shouldn't draw too much air to make them burn too fast, it should burn the right quickness. The roast is only like 2 lbs so it shouldn't take that long to cook.
But seriously, I was scared to death. Thats one of the reasons I don't use a gas grill, because it seems like sometimes when you start them they poof up with flames and set your ass on fire! I've never had that happen, but I also never use lighter fluid, I use the little charcoal chimney things and light them from the bottom with paper; you know the safe way! hahaha. But I really like charcoal over gas because of the flavor it gives the food! I love charcoal grills.

Wow Morgan, that must have been really scary! One time when I lived in Alabama it was a warm dry sunny day. Anyway we wanted to build a little fire pit type thing. So we built a little fire pit and we lit it on fire and than all of the sudden the whole lawn blazed on fire and spread over like 20 feet it was so scary! We grabbed the hose and sprayed it out but afterwards a huge spot of the yard was brown. It was really scary!

Hubby does all of the grilling and we bought him a new gas grill last year because it was really needed. Idiot family members of his borrowed our old one and broke it. Not a "I'm sorry" or nothing from them. We bought a larger one too because it's necessary now since the tiny girls eat like teenage boys but we do prefer charcoal ourselves.

I had a tick on me last week. Ticks are my phobia. I want chickens to eat the ticks since I don't like poisoning the ground or I'd use the bug stuff you spread on your lawn. I feel like I have too much going on right now what with the house, yard, garden, animals, kids and husband. Maybe when kids are done with school or the kittens are at other homes. I try to spend time with each every day so they will be good, friendly cats for someone.

I mowed the grass yesterday and brushed up against some really high weeds growing on our tabletop for just a second. I had three spiders on my mower from just that second and they all were a different type of spider.

I've watched Handy Manny when the girls were younger. The show I really am against is Dora. I can't stand that show. They do the same thing, repeat everything five times and they yell it mostly. That's why the kittens have the sheet they do, it's Dora. Someone got the girls those sheets years ago. I bought new ones quickly to replace them but won't throw something like that away as it could be useful so the kittens have it and I don't care if it gets destroyed. Ha

See I'm the one that does most of the grilling. I know men are supposed to be the "grill masters" but thats me in my house. I cook all the food, regardless of where its cooked. hahaha. And thats the way it should be.
Actually my husband and I were talking about it. My friend that I told you guys about, with the lazy fiance? Well, when I cleaned their kitchen there was pancake batter everywhere and I was so mad! I was mad at her for even letting him cook and then at him for not cleaning the batter off the walls! Who uses an electric mixer to mix like a cup of batter? LAZY. Anyway, my hub was like "you don't like when I cook do you?" I was like "HELL NO! THAT KITCHEN IS MINE! If you want it, I'll cook it for you, but don't go near my stove! The toaster you're allowed to use, but thats it!" Thats just how I feel about it. LOL

My husband cuts the grass and I let him deal with all the spiders and stuff like that. BUT last night, I had to go check the chickens to make sure they all went into the coop at dark. Well, of course they didn't, there were three out. So I'm walking over with my oil lantern(because in my world its still the 18th century) and I walked through like 3 spider webs. I didn't even WANT to look and see if there was a spider on me. haha. Then I came in and there was a camel-back cricket in our bathroom, I turned right around and left the bathroom. Those things freak me the hell out. hahaha.

Last night, we were going to bed and I was trying to get comfortable but I really hate the sheets that are on the bed. They have the little pilly things on them from being washed and used so much so I don't like that. We were laying there and I was like "I can't wait to change the sheets tomorrow! Thank god its sheet day" and my husband was like "whats wrong with these sheets?" I was like "They need to be shaved!" Like 48 seconds passed and he was like "...what?" I started laughing and I was like "you don't feel all those pill things on the sheet? I can feel them and they need to be shaved off! But I don't have one of those shaver things, so I'll have to use my razor...or yours." It was such a stupid conversation, but it was so funny because he feels nothing! You guys know what I'm talking about with the sheets? I'm NOT crazy.

Yes, I'm really hating on Handy Manny right now. Its so stupid and its pretty racist. Oh and I refuse to watch Dora, I don't know why she has to yell so much but really...put a cork in it and stop hollering at people. Thats why kids are so dang loud, because cartoons are constantly yelling. BUT I will say that Handy Manny, he is very soft spoken and he is really kind. But its the whole spanish and english repetition thats really bothering me.

Well y'all, I think its finally happened. I think I've finally lost my mind. Just a minute ago I was making my sons breakfast plate and I swear I heard a mans voice. I got that terrified feeling in my stomach because I thought someone was in my house. Then I looked and there was nothing.
Then I thought I heard a dog growling, but I think that was AJ making a weird noise with one of his toys. But I swear, it sounded just like a dog growling.
I don't know where the man voice came from though? I wonder if it was the ghost in my house trying to tell me something? I don't know, but it scared the crap outta me! haha.
It was either the ghost OR I've finally lost it. The marbles have finally loosened up enough for me to hear crazy things.

Why does Ellie eat so much? I swear, this rabbit can eat more than any creature I've ever seen. She's constantly begging me for food!

Oh and they think they found the wreckage of Amelia Earhart's airplane, off the coast of a small island in the Pacific ocean. They're like pretty sure about it, even though its only a grainy sonar image. I wonder if they've finally solved the 76 year old mystery? That would be pretty awesome.

Ugh, today is going to be a weird one!

My hubby was raised cooking and he's very good at it. He's also good at just making up recipes as he goes. I could grill I just never do. I'm not even sure why it just is. I wanted to tell you if you don't want to heat your house up during the summer with an oven than a toaster oven is great. We cook most meals in ours even in the winter since it uses less electricity.

I cut the grass because it saves the hubby so much time and I usually enjoy it. I'm sure I would weed eat too if we had a smaller one since his is too big for me. I actually fuss at him if he even thinks about mowing. Ha.

I know what you mean with the sheets. The one thing I don't get is how anyone can use an electric blanket. The wires would drive me nuts.

I guess young kids learn better when hearing something over and over but yah it can sure drive an adult nuts. I remember when my daughter was young her liking Barney but she always made me watch it as well. It was horrible and I still remember all those dang happy songs. Ugh!

I've had that happen before, swear you hear someone and there's no one there. Maybe someone drove down the road while hollering in their car loud.

That would be cool if they found the wreckage. I have watched a lot of shows over the years about her disappearance as well as possibilities of what may have happened.

I always tell my husband that I'll cut the grass to save him some time or just to get it done while he's at work, but he says no that he'll do it. He prefers to cut it, which is fine with me.

My husband can cook, but he doesn't. I don't really want him to because he always makes a huge mess with everything and it makes me crazy. His mom didn't teach him how to cook and clean up like your husbands parents Denise, so its totally different. I would much rather just cook it for him rather than him doing it and ruining my kitchen! hahaha. My husband does the best as breakfast though, he can make the most perfect pancakes!

I don't have enough counter space for a toaster oven, but I would like one. My dads oven stopped working a while ago and they make everything with the toaster oven. My dad said they can even make a cake with it, hahaha. My mom out one of the glass panes in my oven, so it lets heat out a little bit faster than it used to. It had 3 pieces of glass and now it has two. But the glass is like $90 a pane and thats more than that dang oven is worth! haha. Its also probably letting out heat a little bit faster because its a 40 year old oven! LOL

I thought maybe it was someone going down the road and they were hollering but I wasn't sure and it sounded REALLY clear like it was in the house. It sounded scary! haha.

Oh and no more Handy Manny for us. Ugh, I can't handle it. I have to find something else for him to watch. He watches a lot of Sesame Street too and it doesn't bother me nearly as much. haha.

There's nothing wrong with him cutting the grass if he prefers to. I know hubby is more than happy to have me do it and he knows I know how to cut the grass and won't break our mower and most days I'd rather be outside working than inside.

OK that would bug me to having my kitchen a mess. Luckily hubby and I are the same when cooking, we both wash dishes and clean up as we are cooking. One of his buddies did cook for us once. He was down and it was my b-day and he felt bad he was taking up hubbies time so we didn't get to do something. I didn't care myself but he wanted to cook dinner to make up for it which was very sweet but he trashed my kitchen and left the mess and dishes for me. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and it's just the way he is but I understand how you feel.

I always just used a toaster oven for toast or like bagels until hubby turned me onto baking and cooking in it. I hate a kitchen without enough counter space. Our last one only had one counter and was so annoying.

I'm glad the girls don't watch much children's programming. It is annoying for adults and well anymore they are making them political to brainwash the kids. Give me some good ole bugs bunny or road runner any day.

I just cleaned out Ellie's enclosure and here's what I don't understand...how this tiny 2lb rabbit misses the litter box when she pees? The litter boxes are are huge compared to her and yet she still puts her butt over the edge of the box and pees in the floor or in the cabinet. Holy crap she's making me insane! I'm putting stuff under the boxes so it doesn't get to my floor, but maybe the sides need to be higher?
BUT SHE'S SO SMALL! How does this happen? It makes no sense to me. Even with her super huge box, she still misses it. Ugh. Sometimes I think she's special in the "needs a helmet" sort of way.

So right now I'm not in a great mood because of Ellie and her gross enclosure. Its my own fault, but still. Its irritating for her to pee over the side of the litter box when she's so small and the boxes are so big.
Anyway, I just watched my son semi-destroy a magazine of my husbands. It was a new magazine that he just got in the mail yesterday and he looked through it once and set it on the floor and left it there and then expected my kid to not mess with it. So far he has ripped the front and back covers off of it and done whatever else. But my hub had the nerve to yell at AJ and tell him to leave it alone as he set it back down on the floor for him to get. I was like ...why don't you put it up so he can't get anymore? He didn't say anything and left it on the floor and just for that I'll let AJ completely destroy it for principle.
That kind of thing pisses me off and now I'm even more mad about it. Like, don't tell him not to mess with something and leave it where he can get it and MY FLOOR ISN'T YOUR F-ING SHELF! Put that magazine where it goes and get it off my **** floor! I can't stand that stuff! Ugh. I just want to punch my hub in the face right now. Sometimes I think my husband is special in the needs a helmet sort of way too, him and Ellie need to live in a play pen together to keep that mess contained!

Wow, sorry y'all. I just haven't had enough coffee and I'm tired already and I'm sick of doing the same thing all the time and complaining about the same thing all the time. UGH! And now I'm done.

Oh I hope they found the wreckage!!! That would be cool!

Ha, your hubby is being dumb, you can't tell a kid NOT to mess with something and expect them not to ahahhaha, Especially when he leaves it in an easy to reach place. He needs to HELP set him up for success not test him to see if he will or wont. lol.

And Here is a helmet I found for Ellie! They can make a large one for your hub. lmao!!!!!!!

vikingbunny.jpg

How high do you fill Ellie's litter? If Monty's litter rises to within an inch or two of the rim of the litter box, she accidentally pees over the edge of it. I had to start only putting an inch of the wood stove pellets in the pan because they swell up so much! Oh, and has her poo ever started to mold? Monty's does if all of her litter gets saturated with pee. Gross, but it happens...oops

I only barely line the bottom of the pan because I noticed it fills up after the other way and when they pee the pellets go POOF and turn really big. But I noticed the same thig, if you let it go too tall they pee right over. The poops at the bottom get moldy...groooooss! Lol!

I put about half an inch of pine pellets in hee boxes, so she still has its 3.5 inches of box side. But she backs so far into the corners her butt goes over the edge. Or she's dumb and doing it all wrong.
It probably isn't mold though, its the calcium from the pee that turns the poop pellets white. That should make you feel better! No mold just calcium deposits.

So AJ has this chipmonk puppet that is the same size as Ellie. I put it in her pen to see what would happen and she groomed it! Haha. I groomed her with Mr Chippy and then put his head down to be groomed and she did! It was hilarious. Too bad he was a $25 puppet, or he could be Ellie's friend. LOL

Ohhh I see now, Morgan...you are so wise. :) I'm so glad we all have you around!
But once or twice I coulda swore some poops seemed moldy, what do you think that was about? :(

Ellie makes it so easy to bond. But with mine it's like COM
E ON MUTHABRUTHAS, GROOM EACH OTHER!!!!!!!!!!!

Morgan...I so get what you mean about being tired and tired of doing the same thing all the time and tired of complaining about the same thing. I think it's just part of being a stay at home mom.

Could you maybe get a litter box with a cover to keep Ellie from peeing over the side. I know some are kind of pricey but I saw some at Wal Marts that weren't bad. I know they arew tall so maybe there isn't the room for one.

That's so cute that she groomed the puppet.

Back