Merlin&Sasha + a kitten?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiskylollipop

Laura the Bunsnuggler
Reaction score
Well hubs was talking with his colleague about how much he (ok, we) wanted a cat, and the colleague mentioned that his sister had recently bought a kitten but was now urgently looking to rehome it as her other cats had starting bullying it. She was having a hard time finding takers because the kitten had gotten a bit beaten up and wasn't "picture perfect" looking anymore.

We were considering going to a rescue to get a kitten/rabbit-friendly cat, but only AFTER Merlin and Sasha were bonded. Now that there's this kitten needing a home, of course we want to help out, but I'm just uncertain about how wise it would be to introduce another animal into the mix with Merlin and Sasha barely getting along.

Would it stress the bunnies out even more? Would the bonding tension stress the kitten out? Would the kitten and the bunnies fight?

If we don't take the kitten, it's going to live with the owner's catless mum, so it's not like it's an emergency situation or anything. Just looking for some thoughts on whether it would affect my two unbonded bunnies if we got a kitten now...

I suppose it would be okay. My bunnies bully my cats around all the time. The one I would be worried about would be the kitten!

If the kitten and the bunnies know each other from a young age, I would think that the kitten would not try to chase the buns.

About the bonding, I don't know. I've never bonded buns so I don't know what will happen with the cats when I do.

Latest posts

Back