Meat Bunny in the hizzouse! :D

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alice

Reaction score
Hiya! Just recently found this forum... my name is Alice, & this is Meat Bunny:

meat29.jpg

My best guess is that Meat's a 6 month old Florida White doe, but shecould be a little older or younger, & she could very well be aNew Zealand or mix. She came to live here back inmid-December after a friend's boyfriend's snake didn't feel up toeating the feeder rabbit that was given to it. Rather thantaking the rabbit back to where it was purchased, my friend gave her tome for Xmas. Usually I take a very dim view of live feedingreptiles, but in this case it turned out very well in the end. :D

Meat's my first rabbit, & I couldn't have asked for a betterone. She's outgoing, friendly, wicked smart, prettymuch littertrained herself, & doesn't show much interest indestroying human belongings :):knocks on wood:: ). Of course,it probably helps that she's got more toys than she knows what to dowith... ;D

Meat just after she came to live here:

snoozebaby.jpg

hellomeat.jpg

Meat now:

mformeat.jpg

hunkerdown.jpg

gotback.jpg

She used to have her own bedroom, but was recently evicted by arent-paying human roomate. :p Now she lives in our livingroom in the "Winchester Mystery Cage" (so named because I'll never bedone building it ;} ).

wmc1.jpg

Anywho, I'm glad to be here, & I'm absolutely falling in love w/ all of your rabbits! :D

Hey Alice! Welcome to theforum. I got tickled at your rabbit's name, and I guess thatis what she was until you adopted her. LOL

She is beautiful and looks like a little angel sleeping in herlitterbox. Hope you have fun and of course post morepictures. :)

Hello and Welcome to the forum.

Your rabbit is adorable. She looks like a big girl. How muchdoes she weigh? She's beautiful. I look forward to getting to know youand your bunny better.

Tina

Jenniblu wrote:
Hey Alice! Welcome to the forum. I gottickled at your rabbit's name, and I guess that is what she was untilyou adopted her. LOL

She is beautiful and looks like a little angel sleeping in herlitterbox. Hope you have fun and of course post morepictures. :)
Thanks for the welcome! :}

My friend who "rescued" her was calling her Meat Bunny before shebrought her over, & reassured me that I could, of course,change the name. Personally, I can't think of what couldpossibly be a better name for her. :D

As for the litterbox pic... I can't believe she was ever thattiny! Kinda makes me wish I had pix of her when she was evenyounger.

dajeti2 wrote:
Hello and Welcome to the forum.

Your rabbit is adorable. She looks like a big girl. How muchdoes she weigh? She's beautiful. I look forward to getting to know youand your bunny better.

Tina
Thanks! She seems to still be deciding whether or not shewants to be a medium or large bunny (hence my uncertainty as to whethershe's got more Florida White or New Zealand in her ;} ). Idon't know how much she weighs, but I'd guesssomewherearound6 lbs.Her growth has sloweddramatically, but I wouldn't bet that she's completely done,yet. Here's a pic of her w/ our 2nd-smallest cat& one w/ her tranced in my lap (both taken about a month ago),if that gives you a better sense of her general size (the catweighsclose to8lbs, & I weigh rather morethan that... I'm 6' tall ;} ).

courtship2.jpg

trance.jpg

Meat (i love that name!) looks like new zealand white to me--those ears are just tooo big for a florida!:)

Hey Meat and Alice!
23_3_36.gif
shereminds me of my Flemish when he was a baby....boy I miss those dayswhen I could actually carry him without pulling a muscle! Hope ya stickaround!

~Amy+Nimue~

Welcome Alice and Meat is BEAUTIFUL! I love her!

Also, I really like your twisted sense of humor in her name :) Very cute :p

snoozebaby.jpg

What a chunky little love she was as a baby. Absolutely adorable!

HiAlice,

Welcome aboard! Meat'sabsolutely beautiful.What a lucky little babe.

Your avatar is really unique and stunning as well. Great picture!

-Carolyn

Welcome Tothe forum Alice and Meat ( lol) i love the name . ialso love the picturewith Meatthe miller baby loltoo cute , question realtattoo's or bracelets? i havea bracelet tattoo on myleftwrist and wascurious ? course i have lots oftatts elsewhere too lol

i agree with the live feedingof snakes especially rabbits , i havesnakes but all they get ispassed over rats . besides feeding alive rabbit to a snakeis a b;ood curdling experience , i dontknow how anyone canever get past the scream of aterrified rabbit .

gypsy wrote:
i dontknow how anyone canever get past the scream of aterrified rabbit .
I was at a big rabbit show the other day...there must have beenhundreds (if not a thousand) rabbits and people....the large room waspacked and bustling.

Someone's rabbit let out a blood curdling scream. I'm notkidding, the entire room fell silent for a good ten seconds.I have never heard anything like it before. Unbelievable.

One of myvery Frist Rabbits (when my 26 yr old was a kid) had a bad case of ear mitesand i had taken her to the vets, as i was clueless at the time. the minute he put theswab in her ear shelet out one of them screams , wellneedless to say m y kneeswent weak , my head went all swimmy, and dang if ididnt neearly pass out it scaredme so badly , the Vet thoughtit was the funnistthings he had ever seen , ear mitestreated i left feelingmore embarressed that helaughed than i didabout having 3 yrs oflife life taken off lol

Yeah, I hope to never hear that sound.

Anyway, welcome to the forum! I love your bunny, what a beauty! :) I can tell she's got you well trained. lol

Buck Jones wrote:
Once you've heard it, you will never forget it and Ido hope most of you never get the opportunity.

Buck

I've heard it...three times. One was an angry runaway baby that didn'twant catching, and the other two were my aggravating baby Bub screamingfor attention.:X

Rose

Alice wrote:
Hiya! Just recently found this forum... my name isAlice, & this is Meat Bunny:

Welcome Alice and Meat Bunny!!! I don't believe that's a name I've heard before.;)

Glad to have you!

Rose

Hehee. Where do I know you from? ;) Welcome to the group!

I always thought meat was a newzealend. Ears are too big to be aflorida. She could also be mixed with NZW. :) Guess ill have to postpictures of my floridas sometime on lj. :p Too lazy to do that rightnow. :p

Back