Litter Training Help!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rokinmyownsox

Reaction score
Chili, my female mini rex, has a tendency to pee on anything you put in the cage. She does fine with using the litter box until there's something else on the floor of her cage then she'll go pee on it. The reason this is an issue is because she LOVES having her blanket in there to sleep on/in, but I can't be having to wash it everyday. The poops don't bother me because I can just pick those up and put them in the box. She's not spayed, that's on the list of things to do(we just moved so finances are tight), but I'd like to nip this problem in the butt. Is there ANY way to stop her from peeing on everything other than spaying? Or ways to help stop her since I know spaying will help quite a bit.

[align=center]
Thanks "bun"ches!
:bunnyhug:

Amy
[/align]

I would remove her blanket until you get her spayed. I had to do that with my bunnies because of just what you are going through. They pee on it to say "it's mine". I felt I was being mean removing it, but like you, I would have to do bunny laundry every day. They got cardboard and hay mats. For some reason no peeing on them.

Kreacher, who is neutered about 7 months ago, now has his "Wubby" back. No peeing. Dobby still gets cardboard because how he chews on his blanket. Go figure.

Sometimes you have to do something "you think is mean" for a temporary time.

Believe me, once she's spayed, you will definitely see a difference.

K:)

ZRabbits wrote:
I would remove her blanket until you get her spayed. I had to do that with my bunnies because of just what you are going through. They pee on it to say "it's mine". I felt I was being mean removing it, but like you, I would have to do bunny laundry every day. They got cardboard and hay mats. For some reason no peeing on them.

Kreacher, who is neutered about 7 months ago, now has his "Wubby" back. No peeing. Dobby still gets cardboard because how he chews on his blanket. Go figure.

Chili will even pee on mats. lol. She's a turd sometimes. When I took it away this morning she gave me the death glare. I'm almost afraid to be around when she gets some much needed leg room. She might come after my heels. lol.

rokinmyownsox wrote:
ZRabbits wrote:

Chili will even pee on mats. lol. She's a turd sometimes. When I took it away this morning she gave me the death glare. I'm almost afraid to be around when she gets some much needed leg room. She might come after my heels. lol.
Got the same death glare too. They all got over it. Definitely give Chilli a week or two to get over it before you give her some of that needed leg room. lol Got a few "huffy" thumps and backs turned to me, but they definitely got over it. Food giver definitely rules over "mean mommy".

Same problem with my two. I wanted to put some adorable fleece blankets in their pen, a hay mat, but nope...they peed on it all..now they just have their bare floor :(

Latest posts

Back