job interview this afternoon

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, guys! I'm excited too! Since the next orientation isn't until April 25th, I will have a few days to stay at home and work on bonding with Monroe! We get him on April 19th. Only 9 more days! I'm so excited, his carrier and water bowl have been shipped, flight arrangements made, the money order to cover his expenses was purchased last night and will be mailed this afternoon... And last night we started buying stuff for him! Tonight we're going to the pet store to pick up some toys, a food bowl, and maybe a little soft bed for him! I'm so excited. I already said that, but it's true. I've never had to wait so long for a bunny! With Cinnabun, it was "Hey Mommy look at the cute bunny!" and 20 minutes later, a very surprised and thrilled 10 year old Shiloh and brother walked out of the pet store with him in a box. With Rory, it was "Ooooh look at the adorable bunno on Petfinder!" and we picked him up the next afternoon. With Tallulah, it was "Gorgeous baby bun on Craigslist! Maybe she needs my help!" and I got her the next day. I've been waiting for Mr. Monroe to come home since the beginning of March!

Okay, I just de-railed my own thread. Anyway, when I got home from the interview, I told Rory and Tallulah that I got a new job so I could buy them lots and lots of toys... I think with one of my first paychecks, I'm going to buy them this play yard so we can relax in the yard together once the snow melts! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00020L78M/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I promise I don't go wild and crazy with money, it's just that I've been scrimping and saving since my last job so my money doesn't run out and I've just been buying the necessities. And necessities like flying Monroe here! So I feel like splurging a bit and getting the bunnies something extra fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh believe me, I know EXACTLY what you mean about wanting to do something extra for the buns. We had such a rough first few years with our company, that now that it's finally taking off so nicely, we're doing little things here and there that we weren't able to do for the buns! We're able to buy them papaya tablets for a nightly treat now, we're able to buy them toys whenever we want, etc. It's really nice!

Oh man, I know what you mean about waiting for a bun, too...lol! It's one reason I want to fly Teddy home just as soon as we can (and we might've actually gotten the money for it today, too, now that I think about it!). Getting our other buns was kinda like what you mention, too. Fiver was literally home with us within a couple days of seeing his picture here, SweetPea also within a few days of seeing her on Craigslist. Flower was immediate, as she was a rescue from a neighbor. Even Maisie, I believe, was brought home within a week of seeing her! Trixie, we had to wait a few months for, but she was flown from TrixieRabbit AKA Denise in NY...so that took planning.

I tell ya, though...after Teddy, I'm DONE flying buns! From here on out, it's local buns only for me (as in buns I can drive to get...no more flying)!! I still have a few slots for buns in my herd here, too...and I'll be saving those slots for buns that need fostering, or if I encounter any ASAP rescues that at least just need to stay with someone to save them from being PTS at a shelter, or something like that. And that needs to wait until we move, anyway. So, after Teddy...I'm done for quite a while!

Oops...speaking of hijacking...I hijacked your thread! Sorry 'bout that! LOL...

:threadhijacked:

Hijack away!

Our bunnies are so loved and spoiled! I also want to get them a crinkly cat tunnel and put in another order with Busy Bunny. Wal Mart has some cat tents that I think would be awesome for the buns to relax in outside in their new play yard! I will buy all these things eventually though, not all at once!

Are Peg's four bunnies still going to fly out to you guys? I was just wondering since you said Teddy will be the last one :) Maybe the last one you will commit to flying out to you! I know what you mean, Rory was so straight forward... Went to the shelter, gave them $5, took bun home! Tallulah had to go on an airplane too, but I was with her. Funny that her trip home is going to end up costing more than Monroe's, even though I was with her and it was a shorter trip! Monroe and his carrier need to be 9 pounds or less to travel for $155, but I'm afraid it's going to weigh more than that. I wanted to buy him a carrier that is as big as possible. It's 25 inches by 16 1/2 inches by 14 1/2 inches and Amazon says the shipping weight is 4.6 pounds. What with the bunny, the vet bed, hay and water bowls with water, it might go over 9. Hopefully the airline will be a little lenient, but I decided I'd rather pay $50 more for him to have more space to move around on the long journey. The carrier will be big enough for two (or even three! I'm such an optimist!) bunnies to travel in in the future, too. I had to re-order his water dish again today because Amazon was estimating it won't get there until April 21st. So I ordered it again with 2 day shipping, which is $10 for a little $2 water bowl! I wanted to make sure Jesse gets it in time though.

The other night I had a dream about Teddy and Monroe. I dreamed that they were both going on the airplane at the same time, but in Houston they got mixed up since they look similar and Teddy arrived at the airport in Anchorage while Monroe went to California! I was rather distressed in the dream, but I loved Teddy and you loved Monroe and we were trying to decide if switching them back (the airline would surely have to pay for it since it was their mistake) would be worth the stress of them having to fly again... Funny, huh?

Oh and it's awesome that you have space for emergency foster bunnies! What ever happened with the mini golf buns? I might have missed it when you updated their thread.

Back