job interview this afternoon

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww no that sucks! How can they expect you to doa 'test' when people keep knocking on the door?! Don't be sad though, like PixieStixxxx said, it just means that there's a better job out there for you that you're meant to have! Don't give up!

:hug:

xx

SnowyShiloh wrote:
No greenhouse job for me :( She said that she really liked me and wished she needed to hire another student, but someone else went faster on the timed data entry test. I wonder if she remembered that I was interrupted about 5 times during the timed test to let all those people in the room when they were knocking?

Sad Shiloh :(

I am sorry you didn't get it...but perhaps there is something better waiting right around the corner..
;)

Well personally i think you sound great for the job if i were tht "greenhouse lady" you woudn't have a problem.
PixieStixxxx it just means ur destined for another job.
:hug:

aww that sucks. It sounded like such a bizare interview and you did really well! If that was me I would get so nervous and wouldn't have been able to answer any of the questions. It sounded really tough. I agree with everyone else you must be destined for a better job. Plus after that interview your next one is going to be a breaze!

I have a job interview this afternoon! I'm interviewing to be a cashier at Fred Meyer, a big grocery/clothing/appliance store here in town. I am excited! Being a cashier isn't the most prestigious job and a lot of people look down at it, but hey, it's better than NO job! The head of the hiring department called me an hour ago and we set up an interview for 4 pm this afternoon. She said if she likes me, she'll have me speak with the cashier manager.

I also applied to work at the veterinary clinic that my pets go to. I have 2 friends who work there and they like it a lot. They apparently have a somewhat high turnover rate because the owner (my bunnies' vet, Dr. DeLeon) hires a lot of military people who then end up having to move. They said it might be a couple months before I could start working there. I feel a little bad potentially only working for Fred's for a month or two before moving on, but oh well.

So, wish me well on my interview this afternoon! I'm excited to be working again and think I'll even kind of enjoy the job since I like chatting with customers and organizing things (geeky, but true)!

GOOD LUCK! I think it could be a fun job too- as long as you don't mind dealing with people lol. :pand money is money! I'm glad you've got this interview... and that would be great if you got a job at your clinic too!

Wow! How did I miss this thread the first time around? I'm so sorry! What a doofus!

Anyway, I hope this job interview goes fantastic, and you get the job!!

:goodluck :clover:

They hired me! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: I'll be starting off with at least 20 hours per week (probably more, but they legally have to give me a minimum of 20 hours) at a minimum of $10.30 an hour! The guy said he'd talk to his manager about paying me $10.50 an hour. Minimum wage here is $8.30. I will also get a 10% discount on everything (nice since we go grocery shopping there!) and will get a good insurance plan after 6 months!

I'm so excited! I was interviewed by 2 people and they were both really nice. The next training class isn't until April 25th, so I have a couple of weeks yet.

Hooray for employment!

:yahoo:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!

:energizerbunny::party::hugsquish:

That's great news! I'm really pleased for you! Plus the discount sounds great too! All my bunnies send you little paw-5's too!:bunnydance:

Jen xx

This is great and that isn't bad pay for up there for "starting" pay. I made $10 an hour working part time in an office up there - but that was um....1998 I think or 1997. (Actually - that was in Anchorage).

I LOVE Fred Meyers and Art & I miss it so much. Art used to joke about how it was the only store he knew of where you could go and get your groceries, clothing and guns and supplies like that all at the same time!

SnowyShiloh wrote:
They hired me! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: I'll be starting off with at least 20 hours per week (probably more, but they legally have to give me a minimum of 20 hours) at a minimum of $10.30 an hour! The guy said he'd talk to his manager about paying me $10.50 an hour. Minimum wage here is $8.30. I will also get a 10% discount on everything (nice since we go grocery shopping there!) and will get a good insurance plan after 6 months!

I'm so excited! I was interviewed by 2 people and they were both really nice. The next training class isn't until April 25th, so I have a couple of weeks yet.

Hooray for employment!
:woohooI'm sooo happy for you! Sounds great! :toastingbuns

YAAAAAYYY!!!!! WOOHOO!!

Good job!! I'm so excited for you! It's a wonderful feeling, being hired, isn't it?

:yahoo::pinkbouce::bunnydance::goodjob:clapping::woohoo:weee:

Back