it's bunny #4 for us!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HE'S HOME! I'm getting him settled in now and will take pictures later! He is super adorable :inlove:

Thanks, Crystal! He's all settled in now. We had to stop at Home Depot so I could get some more zip ties and linoleum to cover the cage levels.

He's so sweet! His fur is really soft and cottony. His eyes are kind of reddish, just like my first bunny's. I anticipate lots of red eye photos of him! He is understandably nervous but WAY less nervous than ANY other bunny I've got. They've always been scared at first. In the past two weeks, poor little dude has been ditched at the animal shelter, been adopted, been neutered, then adopted by someone else so he's been through a lot.

Here are some photos I took of him, not too many yet because I'm trying to give him some peace:

My first time holding him after we got home. He actually seemed less nervous being held than being in the carrier. He didn't try to run away.

IMG_0860resized.jpg

IMG_0861resized.jpg

IMG_0864resized.jpg

IMG_0866resized.jpg

Right after I put him in his cage. I like using small storage bins for litter boxes because they're deep!

IMG_0871resized.jpg

IMG_0872resize.jpg

Here's the cage set up. I made the two shelves myself with NIC panels. This will be his temporary cage until we move to a bigger place in June, then he'll get a NIC cage. I didn't have a base for the cage if I made one out of NIC panels and he isn't totally litter trained (he just got a litter box for the first time a week ago and is doing well with it!) so I didn't want any pee pee on the carpet. Oh he also has hay now and his brown and blue dotted Prince water and food bowls!

IMG_0876resized.jpg

I'm so happy with our boy. I can't wait to get to know him. Uh, what should we name him though?

what a gorgeous bunny. i hope he realizes just how lucky he is to have found you! love that pic of him sat in his litter box - if only he could talk..:biggrin2:

Shiloh, he's so Adorable.

Congratulations, I'm sure he will fit right in with the rest of your babies.

I can hardly wait to se many more pictures of him and to hear how he is coming along. With all your love for him I bet he will do wonderfully.

Susan :)

Aww very gorgeous! :)

Congratulations on your new addition! He really deserves a great home like yours.

As for names, I don't know. Maybe Cinnamon or something to do with the fact that he only has one ear.

Keep the pics coming! :D

Thanks for the kind words, you guys! It's nice to know other people care about him too :) I can already tell he has a great personality. He was running around the room at his "foster parents" house and taking treats from us. We set the carrier down with the door open and he was so nosy that he walked right in! He's a little unsure right now but likes being petted. Out of all the new bunnies I've had (he makes #6 total, wow!), he's seems to be the least freaked out.

I didn't say this earlier, but when we went to meet him, we found out what happened to his ears. The animal shelter ignorantly put him in a cage with 2 other male bunnies, and one of them (he was a REALLY BIG lop, like 4 or 5 times our boy's size) ripped off his ear :cry2 The big bunny ripped off the other bunny's ears too. It's so terrible. This all just happened 2 weeks ago too. So much for the shelter protecting the animals in their care. The mental image of two little bunnies having their ears torn off by a great big bunny is really disturbing, I don't want to think of how scared they were and how much it hurt.

On a cheerier note, the names we're considering now are Albion (Albie), Blaise, Everley (Ever) and Hamish (Hammie). Feel free to make suggestions or say which one you like best!

SnowyShiloh wrote:
On a cheerier note, the names we're considering now are Albion (Albie), Blaise, Everley (Ever) and Hamish (Hammie). Feel free to make suggestions or say which one you like best!
:ponder:if it was me homing this brave bunny i would go for Hamish. oh i hate chosing names:biggrin2: i dont envy you on that at all.

Yipes! We just had an earthquake! Hard enough to wake me from a dead sleep, and I'm a heavy sleeper. Hopefully this doesn't bode poorly for the rest of our new bunny's time with us! He ironically didn't even thump his foot.

He probably prayed for an earthquake as his "celebratory thump" at being in a wonderful new home - and he wanted everyone to know.

I like the name Hamish too...

SnowyShiloh wrote:
I'm a little late coming in with the Mazal Tovs! Good on you for bringing this doll into the fold!

All I have to say is - there is NO way I could have resisted THAT particular face! (LOOK at him pretending to be all sad with that pout and the 'love me?' eyes:innocent Explains why I stay OUT of the shelters.........)

YAY! Congrats Shiloh! He is sooooo adorable!

Him and Chalk would just match perfectly! They look so alike! Can I borrow him to try them out? :biggrin2:

I can't believe the shelter would put them together and the bigger bunny pulled his ear off like that :( :( Poor thing must have been so terrified. Is it all healed now, since it only happened 2 weeks ago? Does he not need pain meds or antibiotics? How old is he?

I'm so happy he's safe and sound with you guys now- I can't wait to hear more about him! I love the name Hamish too :D

he looks lovely! the up close photos are particularly gorgeous. I just wish photos could show bunnies nose wiggling...

he is very fortunate to find a good home after all he has been through. now he can enjoy stability and safety :)

Thanks for all the good thoughts! I was at work all day but was happy to come home. He is way too sweet and adorable for his own good. And Jen, I vote Chalkie comes HERE!

Funny, I immediately liked Hamish! He looks like a Hamish to me! He's just adorable and I am so jealous! I want to fill my house with bunnies!

I DO remember when Rory bit you that time! He's such a sweetheart in some ways but a grump in others..... so much like my Bo! It sounds like you are getting good ideas to help ease Rory with the idea of a new house bunny! We still can't hold Tony and then Bo. Tony isn't neutered yet so that's a huge part as well. The fact that Tony goes over to Bo's cage when he's out... and tries to fight with Bo.... the brats! LOL! I think that's why I love bunnies so much. Your new guy looks so sweet tho... I wonder if he'll have a bunnitude?

I like Hamish too, but it turns out Paul hates it :( He doesn't like Albion either. Men! In any case, little bun is very endearing. I was just upstairs with him and when I pet his head and rubbed his ears, he closed his eyes and had his chin on the floor of the cage. Awww!

Also for some reason when I opened the cage door, he was grinding his teeth a little. I wonder why? He didn't seem particularly nervous. I hope he's not in pain from something! His ears are completely healed up, like I mentioned earlier in this post he actually really enjoys having his ears rubbed. Maybe he hurts from being neutered? He was neutered 8 days ago. When we picked him up last night, his foster mom flipped him over on his back to check out his condition down there and he had kind of pulled out the stitches in a spot. There was a little dried blood. They're dissolving stitches. Also, his testicles were shriveling up and kind of black. Is that normal? I remember Rory's swelled up like balloons before they shrank but they didn't turn black. This foster mom is a vet tech at our vet office and she said it was normal and we don't need to worry about him having pulled out the stitches since it was just a little bit.

I don't want to stress him out by picking him up yet, but I think tomorrow morning I'm going to have to pick him up to check out his "ballies" in case they're hurting him. There's nothing we could do tonight if he has a problem anyway. He's still eating, drinking, pooping, peeing, playing with toys etc so he can't be feeling too bad if he is hurting, right?

Oh and Pennie, yes, Rory is kind of an odd ball. He can be really grumpy and antisocial, but can also be incredibly sweet and loving when he wants. I think even when he's being antisocial, he still really loves and trusts me. I can just lay him on his back on my lap and clip his nails without him trying to get away. That sounds like trust, doesn't it? Regardless, I think he's perfect how he is (though I would like it if he liked the other bunnies!). He's my big baby waby.

Aww I just thought of Walden. That's pretty cute! Like the place where Henry David Thoreau spent time writing. We could call him Waldie. Adding it to the list!

Shiloh, I'm so glad he's settling in. He sounds like a real sweetheart.

I love the name Walden, you always pick such great names for your bunnies.

Susan :)

Well, this bunny is definitely one of mine! Last night he was on the top level of his cage, poking his nose under the lid, lifting it as high as he could and then dropping it so it would bang. Rory does this all the time. Difference is Rory is downstairs and this bunny is 5 feet away from where we sleep so I had to put a heavy book on the top of the cage to stop him from banging the lid. Sorry to ruin your fun, bud!

Also Peg, I meant to say I love the thought that the earthquake was his victory thump. The day after Tallulah died, all the power went out all over the city and I couldn't help but think it was her being mischievous.

This might sound weird, but we're going to have our new boy's birthday be the day Tallulah died. May 29th. It's just a few days away. According to the vet, our boy is about a year old. I think celebrating his birthday will help me not be depressed as heck on May 29th. I can't help but believe she sent him to us because she knew we would love him and he would love me back. She was a very sweet girl and adored other bunnies, it sounds like something she would do if she could.

Latest posts

Back